Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

Thank you so much FLA for coming to answer our questions. That was kind and considerate of you to take the time to do that for us.

So Lucas was indeed seen by the LL around 5:30 on Friday the 16th, and was also seen the day before, Thursday by a mail person. Nancy Grace needs to scout out some better sources, or at the very least, stop making claims as though they were facts. smh

The Nancy Grace podcasts would get me so fired up because of all the inaccuracies and just plain wrong information. I’d be yelling at the show and then speed texting in our group chats about how ridiculous that podcast could be at times. Frustrating to deal with stuff like that doesn’t even begin to describe how it feels. I literally assumed Nancy Grace of all people, would vet her guests before putting them on her show. PB was probably the only guest who gave accurate information. The rest you have to take with a grain of salt so to speak.

Dear FLA,

As everyone has alreadymentioned, thank you for being here and I wish you healing and confoet in your journey of recovery.

My question to you is what do you think we as websleuthers, as well as LE and the general public can do to “help save the next one”? What can we take from all we have learned here about Lucas and his case to be productive and constructive in the future as we continue in our own journeys as websleuthers and child advocates? Is there anything in particular you could say to us as far as what you thought to be helpful here for you as a family member? Do you have any input/advice for other family members who may be going through something similar, either currently or in the future? Do you any thoughts about Lucas’ Law? What this could be? It’s a lot of questions I know, and I’m sure you are still processing a lot of things and will be for a long time ...please don’t feel pressured to answer these all, just some thoughts here as I fall asleep.

Big hugs to you. And thank you again for taking the time to be with us here and answer questions. Lucas will never be forgotten.

Love,
Margarita.

Last edited:
Initially, I was very angry at EG for killing herself, and avoiding the trial and preventing justice for this sweet little man.

But after the press conference, I am relieved she ended her own life. It would have been unbearable if she was one more homicidal parent, walking around free and clear, like they were innocent.

Thank You EG, for making your exit.

Thank you so much for coming back FLA. It's been an honor to be able to go through this journey with you here on WS and I thank you for all of your time and input.

Is it true that Emily and her daughter were seen on at least two store surveillance cameras Saturday the 17th? If so, do you know what times and what she bought?

Also - where do you think Lucas was on Valentine's Day when CR was at the home and didnt see him? We know that EG lied and told LE he was with Jamie, so that tells me he wasn't there and she was for whatever reason hiding where he really was, so I'm curious what the consensus is on where he might have been?

FLA,
My heart goes out to you and all that loved Lucas. I am sorry for all you and your family have had to endure on social media too. I am also grateful for all you have shared and allowing us to learn more about Lucas and how precious he was. Thank you for coming back and sharing what you know and answering our questions. Lucas touched so many people and will remain in my heart forever. Take care of yourself!

So many wondeful members posting here helping, searching, etc. I found WS because of another case but was quickly drawn to Lucas' case. All of you taught me a lot on this thread. Thank you! The way so many people here and everywhere came together to try and find Lucas, to spread awareness, and later honor him was so special and like nothing I have seen.

I've been given the green light to discuss anything pertaining to Lucas's case. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them. The DA and Captain didn't include every little detail, so if they've told us something that wasn't included I'm free to share it.

I don't know much about the dogs. I know nothing about what or if they hit on anything. I'm not 100% positive that cadaver dogs were ever used by LE.

The landlord DID see and speak to Lucas through the door around 5:30 Friday evening.

Thank You FLA for doing this and answering our questions. You are so strong, I admire you.
I wonder do you know what were Lucas and LL talking about when he saw him? Did Lucas seem okay?

I don't like following children's cases because they tug at my heart so bad. Lucas drew me in with his infectious smile that I will never forget. I have always kept this case at arms length so I wouldn't hurt too bad when the end results came in. That didn't work!

Lucas will always be near and dear to my heart. Rest in peace dear buddy!

Thank you FLA for sharing with us. Sometimes your words really put things into perspective. I sincerely hope you and your family can move forward now knowing Lucas is out of harms way. That little guy will hopefully change so much for Kansas laws and save many other children. Peace to you and your family.

The Nancy Grace podcasts would get me so fired up because of all the inaccuracies and just plain wrong information. I’d be yelling at the show and then speed texting in our group chats about how ridiculous that podcast could be at times. Frustrating to deal with stuff like that doesn’t even begin to describe how it feels. I literally assumed Nancy Grace of all people, would vet her guests before putting them on her show. PB was probably the only guest who gave accurate information. The rest you have to take with a grain of salt so to speak.

Ya know, I wish I had gone on Nancy Grace when I had the chance. So much misinformation was shared. PB did such a good job trying to minimize that, but it's frustrating to only be able to yell at my phone when something inaccurate is said.

Dear FLA,

As everyone has alreadymentioned, thank you for being here and I wish you healing and confoet in your journey of recovery.

My question to you is what do you think we as websleuthers, as well as LE and the general public can do to “help save the next one”? What can we take from all we have learned here about Lucas and his case to be productive and constructive in the future as we continue in our own journeys as websleuthers and child advocates? Is there anything in particular you could say to us as far as what you thought to be helpful here for you as a family member? Do you have any input/advice for other family members who may be going through something similar, either currently or in the future? Do you any thoughts about Lucas’ Law? What this could be? It’s a lot of questions I know, and I’m sure you are still processing a lot of things and will be for a long time ...please don’t feel pressured to answer these all, just some thoughts here as I fall asleep.

Big hugs to you. And thank you again for taking the time to be with us here and answer questions. Lucas will never be forgotten.

Love,
Margarita.

what do you think we as websleuthers, as well as LE and the general public can do to “help save the next one”?
I honestly don't know. In Lucas's case, if someone of authority had truly listened to family about the abuse then maybe he could have been saved. My mind goes back in time often trying to figure out what I did wrong... all of the things I should have done differently. I don't know how we can save the next one, but that's such an important question.

Is there anything in particular you could say to us as far as what you thought to be helpful here for you as a family member?
I felt comfortable here for many reasons, but the thing that made me stay is that, for the most part, this wasn't a place to bring gossip. We could toss theories or ideas around, but there wasn't a ton of unnecessary opinion thrown around in the mix. I knew that there were many people on WS who were working hard behind the scenes trying to figure out where Lucas was (unlike elsewhere where people seemed to just be saying the first vile things that came to mind regardless of who they hurt).

Do you have any input/advice for other family members who may be going through something similar, either currently or in the future?
I'm currently working on a free handbook for families of missing persons. Things to be aware of. Things that will happen to be prepared for. Do's and Don'ts. I don't think I can help anyone through the emotions of going through anything like this, but I hope to be able to help minimize some of the stresses that come with this.

Do you any thoughts about Lucas’ Law?
I hope to work closely with those working to pass Lucas's Law! I've seen lots of talk about it in the past months, but wasn't ready to really dig into what needs to be changed law-wise for children. I know that there are groups elsewhere talking about Lucas's Law, but I believe our family needs to be the ones to push for changes if they're going to be in Lucas's name. A couple of the things that are important to me and I believe will be part of it are 1) if you have children that you are only allowed supervised access to, then you should be disallowed from caring for or being around children unsupervised and 2) if one parent is involved with DCF then the other parent needs to be notified.

Thank you for these questions!

what do you think we as websleuthers, as well as LE and the general public can do to “help save the next one”?
I honestly don't know. In Lucas's case, if someone of authority had truly listened to family about the abuse then maybe he could have been saved. My mind goes back in time often trying to figure out what I did wrong... all of the things I should have done differently. I don't know how we can save the next one, but that's such an important question.

Is there anything in particular you could say to us as far as what you thought to be helpful here for you as a family member?
I felt comfortable here for many reasons, but the thing that made me stay is that, for the most part, this wasn't a place to bring gossip. We could toss theories or ideas around, but there wasn't a ton of unnecessary opinion thrown around in the mix. I knew that there were many people on WS who were working hard behind the scenes trying to figure out where Lucas was (unlike elsewhere where people seemed to just be saying the first vile things that came to mind regardless of who they hurt).

Do you have any input/advice for other family members who may be going through something similar, either currently or in the future?
I'm currently working on a free handbook for families of missing persons. Things to be aware of. Things that will happen to be prepared for. Do's and Don'ts. I don't think I can help anyone through the emotions of going through anything like this, but I hope to be able to help minimize some of the stresses that come with this.

I hope to work closely with those working to pass Lucas's Law! I've seen lots of talk about it in the past months, but wasn't ready to really dig into what needs to be changed law-wise for children. I know that there are groups elsewhere talking about Lucas's Law, but I believe our family needs to be the ones to push for changes if they're going to be in Lucas's name. A couple of the things that are important to me and I believe will be part of it are 1) if you have children that you are only allowed supervised access to, then you should be disallowed from caring for or being around children unsupervised and 2) if one parent is involved with DCF then the other parent needs to be notified.

Thank you for these questions!
You are amazing!!!!!! Thank you!!! Please keep us posted on all of this and let us know how we can help! I am so happy to read about the handbook you are creating!!!!

Genius. Amazing woman.

Genius. Amazing woman.
On the same higher level as Tim Miller, Beth Holloway, Mark Klaas, Amber Dubois mom, and the other amazing people who have been strong and good enough to take their own personal tragedies and help others. I am really happy to be here with all of you and I can feel Lucas’ Light among us. I can’t wait to have your handbook linked here, FLA!!!

I hope to work closely with those working to pass Lucas's Law! I've seen lots of talk about it in the past months, but wasn't ready to really dig into what needs to be changed law-wise for children. I know that there are groups elsewhere talking about Lucas's Law, but I believe our family needs to be the ones to push for changes if they're going to be in Lucas's name. A couple of the things that are important to me and I believe will be part of it are 1) if you have children that you are only allowed supervised access to, then you should be disallowed from caring for or being around children unsupervised and 2) if one parent is involved with DCF then the other parent needs to be notified.[ posted by FindLucasAllen]

This ^^^ bolded portion is so important. I totally agree that these need to be legal requirements/

It was so maddening that the courts could take away EG's rights to care for her own sons, and yet she could be given total responsibility for her boyfriend's child, and continued to be in charge, even when many people called in accusations of abuse, and there were bruises and injuries evident.

It still makes me so upset to think about that frustrating situation. I can only imagine how horrifying it was for the family to deal with.

Thank you so much for coming back FLA. It's been an honor to be able to go through this journey with you here on WS and I thank you for all of your time and input.

Is it true that Emily and her daughter were seen on at least two store surveillance cameras Saturday the 17th? If so, do you know what times and what she bought?

Sorry, PhoneJockey, I tried to respond to you earlier, but had a hard time getting quotes to work. Emily was seen on surveillance at a gas station getting gas on Saturday morning. The cameras were angled in a way that they weren't able to tell if anyone else was in the car with her. Emily was also seen on surveillance with Christian Rials, but I can't remember the date (I want to say it was the morning of the 16th, but don't quote me on that!). I had heard that she was seen on surveillance at other stores, but I don't remember dates or whether those were confirmed. I don't know what she purchased at any of the stores except for the gas on the 17th.

Also - where do you think Lucas was on Valentine's Day when CR was at the home and didnt see him? We know that EG lied and told LE he was with Jamie, so that tells me he wasn't there and she was for whatever reason hiding where he really was, so I'm curious what the consensus is on where he might have been?

This is purely my opinion:

This is going to possibly ruffle some feathers with people that I'm close to that are here on WS, but I personally believe that Lucas was home and that Christian lied about never seeing him. I think Christian wanted to distance himself from the situation as much as possible and saying that he never saw Lucas did exactly that. I have a soft spot for Christian (I never met him or spoke with him or anything) because I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had a bright future at one point and his family truly loved him.

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions - but this article says that Emily last saw CR on February 16th- does that mean he was there at the Edgmoor home from the 14th-16th?

Authorities release detailed timeline of investigation into the death of Lucas Hernandez

I know he spent the night on the 14th and was seen on surveillance with Emily on what I think was the morning of the 16th. I don't know if they spent that entire time together, though.

On the same higher level as Tim Miller, Beth Holloway, Mark Klaas, Amber Dubois mom, and the other amazing people who have been strong and good enough to take their own personal tragedies and help others. I am really happy to be here with all of you and I can feel Lucas’ Light among us. I can’t wait to have your handbook linked here, FLA!!!

Oh, no, I only aspire to help the way all of those wonderful people do!!

Sorry, PhoneJockey, I tried to respond to you earlier, but had a hard time getting quotes to work. Emily was seen on surveillance at a gas station getting gas on Saturday morning. The cameras were angled in a way that they weren't able to tell if anyone else was in the car with her. Emily was also seen on surveillance with Christian Rials, but I can't remember the date (I want to say it was the morning of the 16th, but don't quote me on that!). I had heard that she was seen on surveillance at other stores, but I don't remember dates or whether those were confirmed. I don't know what she purchased at any of the stores except for the gas on the 17th.

This is purely my opinion:

This is going to possibly ruffle some feathers with people that I'm close to that are here on WS, but I personally believe that Lucas was home and that Christian lied about never seeing him. I think Christian wanted to distance himself from the situation as much as possible and saying that he never saw Lucas did exactly that. I have a soft spot for Christian (I never met him or spoke with him or anything) because I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had a bright future at one point and his family truly loved him.

I know he spent the night on the 14th and was seen on surveillance with Emily on what I think was the morning of the 16th. I don't know if they spent that entire time together, though.

He was seen on camera on Friday morning at that Kwik Shop. What he told us was that they hung out in the garage mostly and it has no direct access to the house. But one thing about Christian was that he was definitely mentally ill (I think the diagnosis he had was paranoid schizophrenia). He also said he slept in the garage and not in the house but like FLA, I think he was lying about that. I honestly think EG hid Lucas from Christian as much as possible so Lucas wouldn’t tell JH about him. It’s not uncommon for abused children to be locked for hours on end in their rooms. That could be why Lucas had a pull-up on if he was locked in his room with no access to the bathroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back