Identified! NC - Durham Co., UP15960, 25-35, in plastic storage container, Oct'16 - Melissa “Missy” Ann Poitra

Okay, I am going to round up who I think are the most possible missing person candidates for our doe. It distresses me how her case has not been publicized at ALL in the months since her discovery. The pants give me reason to believe she is accurately around 5'4"-5'6" (in line with the bone height estimation) and more likely on the heavier side (maybe 150-180lbs).

North Carolina Candidates:
1. Stephanie Rodgers (missing from Orange Co. since Apr. 28, 2015) - 37 yrs, "shoulder length brown hair," heavier at 150-160lbs, close height at 61-62"
2. Oralia Hernandez (missing from Mecklenburg Co. since June 29, 2009) - 29 yrs, brown hair, disappeared in jeans, exact height at 65", jeans would have been baggy at 125lbs
3. Rossana Miliani (missing from Jackson Co. since November 26, 2005) - 29 yrs, brown hair, a little taller at 68" and a possibly heavier at 220lbs.
4. Stephanie Haynes (missing from Mecklenburg Co. since July 21, 2003) - 36 yrs, brown hair, 64" and may have baggy jeans at 130lbs; would have many skeletal indicators (well healed pelvic bone and possible evidence of have given birth).
5. Jane Bui (missing from Mecklenburg Co. since October 16, 1997) - 36 yrs, brown hair, 65", heavier at 170lbs.
6. Debra Asbury (missing from Davidson Co. since September 26, 1994) - 26 yrs, brown hair, 69", lighter at 140lbs.
7. Parley Pate (missing from Wake Co. since February 9, 1993) - 33 yrs, brown hair, 67", heavier at 140-160lbs

Comparing the list above to the Exclusions listed on NamUs today, only Parley Pate is listed as an Exclusion.

Stephanie Rodgers was found deceased.
Oralia Hernandez is still missing Missing Person Case
Rossana Miliani is still missing Missing Person Case
Stephanie Haynes is still missing Missing Person Case
Jane Bui is still missing Missing Person Case
Debra Asbury is still missing Missing Person Case

This lady (and all other UIP's) deserve to get their name back.....off to do some more digging.

Was Leah Ziegler or Jennifer Ramsey Rivkin considered? I mentioned them earlier in this thread. Both are still missing.

The NAMUS profile was updated with a facial reconstruction.

She seems to have a very noticable gap between her front teeth. And the teeth on her top left side seem to be a bit crowded (I’m sorry, I haven’t figured out yet how to do the propper numbering of teeth).

She has a very oval shaped face and a distinctive nose... It makes me wonder if they were able to make out the shape of her nose when she was found. They also chose to portray her with jug ears which again makes me wonder if maybe she wasn’t completely skelotonized when she was found, but only partially.

I think Lea Ann Zeigler is a very close likeness.

I agree, Skigirl, and interestingly, Lea is listed as having often been homeless. I wondered earlier in the thread if the victim was homeless because of the size of the jeans (36-32 I believe)...they sounded like men's jeans and the wrong size for Lea's build, too. I'm sure a homeless person would wear whatever she could find, and not necessarily her size.

The NAMUS profile was updated with a facial reconstruction.

Link: Unidentified Person Case

Ruleouts:

MP1610 Cheryl Cunha 08/28/2001 Northampton PA
MP18496 Zoe Hope 04/20/2006 Wake NC
MP1301 Angela Hudson 09/20/2001 Rockingham NC
MP24995 Zulma Pabon 06/06/2014 Chesterfield VA
MP7584 Parley Pate 02/09/1993 Wake NC
MP9167 Elizabeth Pratt 11/15/1980 Davidson NC
MP17268 Crystal Prentice 08/23/2012 Cabarrus NC
MP9034 Cynthia Robison 10/11/2007 San Joaquin CA
MP2482 Sandra Ross 01/08/1984 Wake NC

I went ahead and contacted the person in charge of Lea Zeigler's NAMUS case and asked that she be compared to the UID found in Durham. Will let y'all know if I hear anything.
Would there be a height difference with decomposition?
I am asking because I am new to UID threads.

Would there be a height difference with decomposition?
I am asking because I am new to UID threads.

Heights are taken from bone lengths and certain other measurements, so there is a spectrum of sorts (say, 5'6" to 5'9"). It's difficult to tell the condition that this doe was found in.

upload_2019-2-18_10-18-42.png

upload_2019-2-18_10-18-42.png
Jessica Hooks, missing from Charlotte, NC since 2004 seems to have a slight gap in her teeth like the reconstruction.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Jessica Fallon Hooks – The Charley Project

Jessica was 5'6" and UID estimate is 5'5".

Jessica was 18 when she last contacted her family but she could have been alive for several years after 2004, bringing her age closer to the UID age estimate. The storage unit where the UID was found was first rented in 2010.

There is very little info on her case and I did not see a thread for Jessica here (I will start one after making this post).

ETA link to her thread: NC - NC - Jessica Fallon Hooks, 18, Charlotte, 1 Apr 2004

If anyone thinks this could be a possible match, please send it in, I'm only suggesting here. Thanks.

Last edited:
I heard of this Jane Doe a couple of months ago while I was looking up NC unidentified persons. This one still bothers me. I really lean toward it being Lea as well. Has anyone submitted her?

I heard of this Jane Doe a couple of months ago while I was looking up NC unidentified persons. This one still bothers me. I really lean toward it being Lea as well. Has anyone submitted her?

Yes, sallye818 submitted Lea (see message #50 in this thread). Lea is not yet listed as a rule out for this UID.

Yes, sallye818 submitted Lea (see message #50 in this thread). Lea is not yet listed as a rule out for this UID.

Oops, I missed it. Thank you!

Is it normal for it to take 6+ months for a rule out? Sorry if this is common knowledge, I'm kind of new to this.

Oops, I missed it. Thank you!

Is it normal for it to take 6+ months for a rule out? Sorry if this is common knowledge, I'm kind of new to this.

I've seen it take just weeks and months or years. I suspect delays are caused by lack of DNA an/or dental records for the missing person. I believe that DNA analysis is done on most UID's....but there is a backlog so it can take some time for the DNA results to be available for use.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back