MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much traffic there is on that section of Fish Lake Road on a typical Saturday afternoon?

If traffic is sparse, then the sighting of a white/light-colored 4-door sedan described as "speeding" down that road at the time Ally was shot is significant, IMO.

If that car was involved in Ally's murder, someone knows something. Someone knows the owner/driver.

There is a video posted in the first thread of the police in the road and searching it. I remember a poster commenting at the time that a white sedan is seen going past on that LE video. If we can find and watch it then it may give an idea of the passing traffic numbers.

TY for finding & posting the link, but the video won't play for me. The multi-colored circle in the middle of the screen just spins endlessly when I click on the play arrow.
I watched the video and I didn't see any cars going down Fish Lake Rd as it was blocked off by LE. However there were cars at a busy intersection, where the reporter was standing, (in one segment of the broadcast) and a white car did go by.

LE doesn't have time to provide weekly comfort or hand-holding. They would call if they had information to provide or questions to ask.

Hi SeesSeas - I agree that LE doesn't have time "to provide weekly comfort or hand-holding" as you phrased it.

However, a motivated detective who wants to close a case has time to keep the lines of communication open with involved parties.

Based on that comment in the article attributed to the victim's mother, it appears that unless Nikki was taking the initiative to make contact, then no contact was occurring on the investigator's end.

I've followed enough cases here and elsewhere (almost nine years) to know that a motivated detective doesn't wait for a victim's family to reach out. A motivated detective makes it a point to reach out. The fact that a month went by, after only the first three weeks, without an investigator reaching out to the victim's mother is troubling to me.

Could be a methhead in sandals looking to abduct a jogger and take them to his rural property.

Local addicts should know which meth guys are rough or ruthless when high.

Jmo.
I thought about this too. Similar cases I've read about involved SA, but here there's none. Could it be because Ally put up too much of a fight? So in the end the killer cut his losses, so to speak, and got out while he could.

Sorry I hadn't watched it and was just going by another poster's comments. Not very busy anyway. I have previously googled streetview 11240 Fish lake road and walked along virtually and there is just one vehicle travelling along the road ( not a white sedan ) so it is not a high traffic area at all.

I watched the video and I didn't see any cars going down Fish Lake Rd as it was blocked off by LE. However there were cars at a busy intersection, where the reporter was standing, (in one segment of the broadcast) and a white car did go by.
It looked like the reporter was in a downtown area versus a rural road. I did read in the comment section that it was a busy yet rural road from a person that claimed to be from the area.IMO

Sorry I hadn't watched it and was just going by another poster's comments. Not very busy anyway. I have previously googled streetview 11240 Fish lake road and walked along virtually and there is just one vehicle travelling along the road ( not a white sedan ) so it is not a high traffic area at all.

TY for your input Shire.

So if it's not a well travelled road, then witnesses spotting a white/light-colored 4-door sedan at/around the time of Ally's murder, then that vehicle may be important.

Does anyone know how soon first responders arrived on the scene after the man called 911 and tried to help Ally?

Sounds pretty similar to NJ, IMO:

NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994

324.43513 Carrying, transporting, or possessing firearm, slingshot, bow and arrow, or crossbow; hunting license not required; hunting on game bird hunting preserve; carrying or possessing unloaded weapon.

Sec. 43513.

(1) An individual may carry, transport, or possess a firearm without a hunting license if the firearm is unloaded in both barrel and magaziine and either enclosed in a case or carried in a vehicle in a location that is not readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle. An individual may carry, transport, or possess a slingshot, bow and arrow, or crossbow without a hunting license if the slingshot, bow, or crossbow is unstrung, enclosed in a case, or carried in a vehicle in a location that is not readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle.” (BBM)
Michigan Legislature - Section 324.43513

Last edited by a moderator:
It looked like the reporter was in a downtown area versus a rural road. I did read in the comment section that it was a busy yet rural road from a person that claimed to be from the area.IMO

Oh boy - so the video wasn't on the section of Fish Lake Road near where the murder occurred, but in downtown Holly?

And an anonymous commenter said that it was a busy road - was that commenter referring to the road on the video or the section of Fish Lake Road?

I would be surprised if that section of Fish Lake Road was a high traffic area. Dirt roads are rarely high traffic areas. High traffic roads are typically paved, are they not?

Presumably if it was FB then when AB left he would have to go get his shotgun and ammo then get his car and drive off in chase of AB. No one saw his car but did see a white sedan. That's why it is implausible IMO. In addition, you now saying maybe he had two shotguns, is doubtful - there is no evidence. Why do you say there were no witnesses? How would you know that? Witnesses saw the white sedan after all. AJMO
Absolutely there were witnesses. I so appreciate the folks that provided links in this case to help us that just started following a few weeks ago.
I have went back and found answers to some of my questions, such as the three 911 calls and found also that LE were going to examine the phone of Ally.At first I thought maybe it hadn't been located.
Also the man that tried to help Ally said he thought Ally had gotten out of a car and then been shot (911 call) So maybe he is one person that saw the white car.
He deserves a lot of credit. Sounds like he knew his CPR as well. I think a later interview said he had tried to pack/plug her wounds. IMO

Oh boy - so the video wasn't on the section of Fish Lake Road near where the murder occurred, but in downtown Holly?

And an anonymous commenter said that it was a busy road - was that commenter referring to the road on the video or the section of Fish Lake Road?

I would be surprised if that section of Fish Lake Road was a high traffic area. Dirt roads are rarely high traffic areas. High traffic roads are typically paved, are they not?
It looked like in the background was a building you might see in any downtown area but really not sure. When I think rural I think less traveled by vehicles aside from the few scattered residents that live in the area.I think the comment was in regards to Fish Lake Rd. I'll check as there were only a few comments.
Yes it was a comment about Fish Lake Rd

A woman won't necessarily mention to her significant other if she's being pursued/harassed by another man.

To all the men out there: It may surprise you how seldom women mention this to their intimate partners.

Firstly, women have the tendency to downplay/minimize/or otherwise ignore the unwanted attention of other men, since we get it on a frequent basis.

Secondly, women can be and are oftentimes reticent to disclose to their intimate partners any knowledge of unwanted male attention because they don't want to deal with a more-than-likely response from their male partners.

Responses which can (not always, but very frequently) include: A jealous, possessiveness reaction that compels him to confront the other male in order to 'protect his territory', or, in cases where the male intimate partner tends toward suspicion - he accuses his female intimate partner of doing something that caused her to become a target of the attention - i.e. flirting, dressing provocatively, or otherwise inviting the attention in some manner.

Oftentimes, women believe they can handle an unwanted suitor situation on their own and never say a word to anyone about it.

Absolutely there were witnesses. I so appreciate the folks that provided links in this case to help us that just started following a few weeks ago.
I have went back and found answers to some of my questions, such as the three 911 calls and found also that LE were going to examine the phone of Ally.At first I thought maybe it hadn't been located.
Also the man that tried to help Ally said he thought Ally had gotten out of a car and then been shot (911 call) So maybe he is one person that saw the white car.
He deserves a lot of credit. Sounds like he knew his CPR as well. I think a later interview said he had tried to pack/plug her wounds. IMO

Even though I didn't know Ally, I'm glad that a good Samaritan came to her aid. In her most desperate time of need, there was a loving person who was there for her. He really did try to save her - even "hollering at her" when she stopped breathing. I want to believe that she knew she wasn't alone, even though she was gravely injured.

He's a courageous angel.

I agree, Kimlynn - he deserves a lot of credit, but I understand his wish to remain anonymous.

Even though I didn't know Ally, I'm glad that a good Samaritan came to her aid. In her most desperate time of need, there was a loving person who was there for her. He really did try to save her - even "hollering at her" when she stopped breathing. I want to believe that she knew she wasn't alone, even though she was gravely injured.

He's a courageous angel.

I agree, Kimlynn - he deserves a lot of credit, but I understand his wish to remain anonymous.
I agree with everything you posted.So glad she wasn't alone and found a person so willing to try and help her. You could tell from the 911 call that he was rattled but he held it together because in his own words 'I have to get out there and see if I can help her'
Lovely brave man. IMO

The two year anniversary of Ally's murder is approaching.

Are there any vigils scheduled?

Is anything planned in order to keep her case in the news - news reports?

From my many years of following cases, when a victim's loved ones keep the case in the spotlight, it tends to spur the investigators on in the quest for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken