Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If VR didn't sit in the court room (didn't hear of someone with a nice fur lined vest and moccassins ;)), then he might be one of the next witnesses perhaps?
I certainly hope we hear from him on the stand at some stage, FG! I believe he's very much involved, whether directly or indirectly, he's involved! MOO

Just like to add a big thank you to soso for the timeline and also for the info regarding one of witnesses testifying today.

Bring on Day 5!!!

Was there anything missing from the room where it looked like furniture had been moved.
Can someone later say it was an accident, she fell and hit her head on something.
What if that something is now missing, perhaps buried or disposed of in some other way

I would like to think that wheelie bins in the area were checked and people asked to look out for anything that had been put in their bins.
At the time it was visible the bed had been moved due to what appeared to be recent indentations in the carpet. I can't remember a rug in the main bedroom.

Sarah Ristevski couldn’t sleep. She’d been checking her phone through the night to see if her mum, Karen, had called after not coming home a day earlier.

At 5.30am Sarah phoned again but got no answer. She opened Whatsapp, the chat program her mother used to contact overseas suppliers for her fashion boutique, Bella Bleu.

It showed her mother's last log-in was the day before - June 29, 2016 - at 8.57am. Sarah would continuously check this but it never changed.

Sarah had been in tears when Karen hadn’t returned home, according to evidence presented this week to Melbourne Magistrates Court, where a hearing is under way to determine whether Borce Ristevski - Sarah's father - stands trial on the charge of murdering his wife.

Mother and daughter spoke on the morning of the disappearance. As their dog Benji jumped on the bed, Karen had seemed bubbly. Sarah, who’d had her 21st birthday party at their Avondale Heights home a month earlier, organised her lunch and left for work at 8.15am.

Inside the Ristevski home in the hours after Karen disappeared
If that is in fact an Acne scarf (as SR enters the car) - they retail around $240.00

Borce and Sarah made a tactical error, right in the beginning.. ( not counting the murder ) .. they claimed, separately and together, that Karen and Borce had some sort of blue, an argument, the cause of which was money, so they both said. As a consequence of that argument, Karen, so they say, leaves the home, to clear her head.

In the light of the discovery of the body, this claim was an horrific error on their part. How much better it would have been for them to both say, it was an ordinary night, nothing unusual, etc.

BUT they told this yarn for the purpose of red herring any investigation, along with Vlasko's claim of the easy to get false passports, for some peculiar reason, neither of them believed that sad site with the lonely remains of Karen would ever be found. Why they thought this, I don't know, overconfidence, self delusion, a whole host of reasons.

The inference they want drawn from this is, Karen is still out there, clearing her head, or has had the double misfortune of leaving home in a snit, AND being murdered on the same day.

Plus, the murderer is given a tremendous free kick as Borce and Sarah decide, together , not to report their missing wife/mother for 3 days. Three days.

And this story floats along, right up until the remains of Karen's body is found, not that far from home, ( not as far, say, as Adelaide or the Nullabor Plain ) on the west side of the city, carefully hidden minus shoes and handbag.

So the inference now is, she leaves home in a snit, is murdered, and murdered by someone on the west side of Melbourne, someone local to Doveton, local to Macedon, in a hurry to bury the body, someone familiar with the burial site, minus her shoes, her handbag and the mystical $850 that Borce 'gave ' Karen to pay off some bills.

The murderer, AND Borce must have actually passed each other on the Calder Highway either coming or going, or both , as Borce tested the fuel gauge....

What is Pathology?
sally-robertson.jpg
By Sally Robertson, BSc
Pathology is a branch of medical science primarily concerning the cause, origin and nature of disease. It involves the examination of tissues, organs, bodily fluids and autopsies in order to study and diagnose disease.
Currently, pathology can be divided into eight main areas, depending on the types of methods used or the types of diseases examined. These different disciplines are described below.

General pathology
General pathology describes a complex and broad field that involves the study of the mechanisms behind cell and tissue injury, as well as understanding how the body responds to and repairs injury. Examples of areas that may be studied include necrosis, neoplasia, wound healing, inflammation and how cells adapt to injury. Thorough understanding in these areas is applied in the diagnosis of disease. General pathology is also the term used to describe anatomical and clinical pathology.

• Forensic pathology – Forensic pathology is the examination of an autopsy in order to discover the cause of death. The external appearance is first assessed to check for evidence of wounds or suffocation, for example. Surgical procedures are then begun and the internal organs are studied to see whether internal injuries exist and are connected to external ones.
Above, is an overview on the topic.

Perhaps Borce tried to attempt to bury Karen before he found the logs between which her body was hidden? (IMO). I recall reports that the ground where she was found is almost impossible to dig into by hand, but he may have made an attempt not knowing that.

Also, I failed to follow the link BigT had provided and had forgotten about the sighting of a man with a shovel cited in that link.

Instead, I was thinking of the media reports that a shovel seized at the Ristevski home was found to have traces of soil from two locations - their back yard in Avondale Heights & the site where Karen’s remains were found.

“The Herald Sun reports that a soil sample from the shovel matches earth found in the Mount Macedon region where Mrs Risvtevski’s remains were found this week.” Shovel Seized By Police At Home Of Karen Ristevski

Yes, I'd completely forgotten about the sighting of a guy with a shovel too. Also that the soil sample from the shovel was found to match a sample of earth from Mt Macedon. Well, that really doesn't look good for Borce, does it.
We finally got the roses pruned over the weekend, so I'm still back on page 64 with 10 pages to catch up on! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998