Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope you're not going to report someone just because they were driving through when she went missing. How many other random drivers should they investigate?
Does your coworker have a reason to update you on their whereabouts during a work trip? I think unless you have a VALID reason you need to stop.
I really hope you're not going to report someone just because they were driving through when she went missing. How many other random drivers should they investigate?
Does your coworker have a reason to update you on their whereabouts during a work trip? I think unless you have a VALID reason you need to stop.

I never said a coworker, it’s someone I met on bumble and had a couple interactions with. I thought it odd the family said they’re following up on online interactions considering he was active on bumble while on the road. He now no longer has a bumble account which is another weird coincidence.

I never said a coworker, it’s someone I met on bumble and had a couple interactions with. I thought it odd the family said they’re following up on online interactions considering he was active on bumble while on the road. He now no longer has a bumble account which is another weird coincidence.

I say do what your gut tells you to do. You never know. If it’s nothing the police will review it and move onto the next tip.

There is no such thing as a silly tip or lead”, if you truly believe that there is something weird about this person, REPORT HIM.

Yeah, that's not creepy at all.
It may honestly just be a coincidence (my 19 yr old daughter downloaded bumble, signed up, talked to a couple of guys, then deleted so... it happens) or it may be more.
For Mollie's sake? I'd say report it.
If it's nothing, it's nothing.

moo.

Yeah, that's not creepy at all.
It may honestly just be a coincidence (my 19 yr old daughter downloaded bumble, signed up, talked to a couple of guys, then deleted so... it happens) or it may be more.
For Mollie's sake? I'd say report it.
If it's nothing, it's nothing.

moo.

The original commenter is exactly why I stopped following this site. But thanks to all of you who were supportive of my comment and not rude. If I was the family of Mollie I would welcome any potential tip.

I think she went missing either in the middle of the night or early in the morning. She probably took her contacts out to sleep. I have glasses and contacts. I take mine out to sleep and wear my glasses until bedtime or if I'm just reading in bed I don't need glasses or contacts. Something could have startled her in the middle of the night and she got up and checked or maybe she can see enough in the morning getting ready without her glasses or contacts. I can function without both of mine as long as I'm just putzing around the house and don't have to really focus or see things far away. If she was pet sitting in an apartment complex people would know that she was there alone if she doesn't live there. People in apartments talk. Could it even be that someone stopped by late at night or early in the morning that she's acquaintances with or a friend of the people that lived there and she opened the door and they attacked her or raped her or something. It's a possibility. I'm trying to figure out why she didn't make arrangements to get to work that morning if her brother normally has the car. How was she planning to get to work?

I say do what your gut tells you to do. You never know. If it’s nothing the police will review it and move onto the next tip.

I agree, Steph!

I totally respect and am grateful for those who don’t let what someone else thinks stop them from doing the right thing.

The problem is people who think that they shouldn’t report a tip because it might get an innocent person in trouble. It’s called a tip for a reason. Police need people to be their eyes and ears in the community ( and online). They will investigate and if the person the tip is about isn’t involved, they’ll move on. They want to find the missing person or if there is foul play, get the perp off the streets before they hurt or kill someone else.

If you see something, SAY SOMETHING!

This case reminds me so much of several others. Some with happy endings and some not. Tara Grinstead especially...

The original commenter is exactly why I stopped following this site. But thanks to all of you who were supportive of my comment and not rude. If I was the family of Mollie I would welcome any potential tip.

My VERY favorite feature of the new board format is how ignore works. On the other version you could ignore but you'd still see when the person was quoted. Here ignore means IGNORE.

It actually took me a while to figure out that people weren't responding without quoting! There is an option at the bottom to show ignored content. I accidentally hit it one day and was like "ohhhhhhhhhhh I get it now!"

It is a fabulous thing.

This case reminds me so much of several others. Some with happy endings and some not. Tara Grinstead especially...

My VERY favorite feature of the new board format is how ignore works. On the other version you could ignore but you'd still see when the person was quoted. Here ignore means IGNORE.

It actually took me a while to figure out that people weren't responding without quoting! There is an option at the bottom to show ignored content. I accidentally hit it one day and was like "ohhhhhhhhhhh I get it now!"

It is a fabulous thing.

My gut tells me LE knows something. Especially when they called off volunteer searches so early in. What they know is likely not a good thing. Typically I am optimistic. Here. Not so much. Sadly.

Comments have been turned off in the Finding Mollie FB group due to family & LE request.

Very sensible law enforcement have enough on their plate without monitoring the Facebook page comments too.

When I got back here tonight and saw so many pages I was hesitant to check in. Sooo worried for Mollie. I think something bad has happened...….

I am worried for Mollie too when a disappearance is so out of character it is not good.

I am wondering if Mollie had any Exes or unwanted attention from a friend or co-worker who wanted to be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752