GUILTY LA - Levi Cole Ellerbe, 6 mos, kidnapped, burned to death, Natchitoches, 17 Jul 2018 *arrests*

(Coming out of self imposed timeout here for a minute just to say that if the mother has no involvement in this my heart sincerely aches for her and sorry I said my hinky meter was initially firing.)

Can you imagine the poor police and medical responders? That had to pull this live baby out of a burning fire? :( And the doctors and nurses who had to treat him?? Unimaginable how they must feel having to attend to this first hand. They are probably traumatized. No words.

Poor little innocent baby. Never harmed a fly. Heart is so heavy. I know all of us feel this.

Last edited:
2) I thought the following was interesting. If the person was never caught, could it be the same individual at play; or could it indicate a "copy cat crime"?

Snipped and transcribed from about 2:10 minutes in of the video:
Reporter: And, believe it or not, just 12 years ago police say a similar crime happened right here in Natchitoches. A boy—a baby—was abducted and later found burned in another parish.
Natchitoches PD: Baby kidnapped, burned to death

Can anyone find or even recall a BABY in Natchitoches who was burned alive in 2006?

Obviously if this occurred we need to determine if the person was caught and convicted!

All I can find is a reportedly 5 year old (although his headstone says he was 3 years old) who was indeed abducted and burned alive in July of 2006. I found his websleuths thread by googling, it didn't come up in a search here.

He was abducted and burned alive by Mom's ex boyfriend because Mom was dating a new guy.

GUILTY - LA - Corinthian Houston, 5, abducted & burned alive, 1 July 2006

The sub human WAS apprehended, tried, convicted and sentenced to die. Unfortunately he committed suicide in 2016, sadly not by burning.

So, if this was a revenge type killing of some sort, I highly doubt the perp(s) just woke up one day and decided to burn a baby alive? Meaning, he/they may have priors for some really awful things...

(So sickened can barely post)

——

I wanted to add to my above post re: the first responders and medical personnel, about how traumatized they must be, I dont think I mentioned the fire dept...was it a fireman, policeman, or EMS who pulled the baby, Little Levi from the fire? :(

—-
Are drugs involved here somehow with someone in the baby’s circle?

—//

Ugh trying to find any more similar instances, so googled “burned alive Louisiana” or something like that (ugh the horrible things one has to google here)...anyway, just noting historically this method was prevalent in witchcraft:

“Common methods of execution for convicted witches were hanging, drowning and burning. Burning was often favoured, particularly in Europe, as it was considered a more painful way to die.[5] “
List of people executed for witchcraft - Wikipedia

Of course not saying this has anything whatsoever to do with witchcraft, just posting research notes as I come across them. Voodoo, it is Louisiana...Again, not saying any of this has to do with witchcraft or voodoo, just looking at the MO and type of death. I see gangs, cults etc have already been mentioned.

Last edited:
So, if this was a revenge type killing of some sort, I highly doubt the perp(s) just woke up one day and decided to burn a baby alive? Meaning, he/they may have priors for some really awful things...

(So sickened can barely post)

——

I wanted to add to my above post re: the first responders and medical personnel, about how traumatized they must be, I dont think I mentioned the fire dept...was it a fireman, policeman, or EMS who pulled the baby, Little Levi from the fire? :(

—-
Are drugs involved here somehow with someone in the baby’s circle?

—//

Ugh trying to find any more similar instances, so googled “burned alive Louisiana” or something like that (ugh the horrible things one has to google here)...anyway, just noting historically this method was prevalent in witchcraft:

“Common methods of execution for convicted witches were hanging, drowning and burning. Burning was often favoured, particularly in Europe, as it was considered a more painful way to die.[5] “
List of people executed for witchcraft - Wikipedia

Of course not saying this has anything whatsoever to do with witchcraft, just posting research notes as I come across them. Voodoo, it is Louisiana...Again, not saying any of this has to do with witchcraft or voodoo, just looking at the MO and type of death. I see gangs, cults etc have already been mentioned.
Yeah, I even thought it was some sort of satanic ritual.

Deleted. I erased my post because I was afraid it would be mistaken for news in this case. Sorry about that.
embarrassed-smiley.gif

Last edited:
5 Year-Old Lousiana Boy May Have Been Burned Alive in Vendetta Against His Mother

I believe this was the case of the other little boy from Natchitoches that was burned alive. I think the perp in that case was the Mom's ex-boyfriend.

Well, that at least makes sense in the way that the parent was the real target of the attack and the child was hurt to hurt the mother.

But in this case Levi's mom said two men attacked her. It's a lot easier to see how one person could do something so sick, but how would anyone manage to get an accomplice to help them? I feel like even if you surveyed murderers on death row that you'd struggle to get many who'd take money for something like this.

I'm also curious about the distance the baby was taken? It's not very far from the home, and I wonder if there's a logic in that? I suppose there could be different reasons, not wanting to hold only a baby for long? Do the perps live fairly close by themselves? Do they have a familiarity with that area around the trailer park? But surely if they're local then they'd consider themselves at higher risk of being identified if they weren't wearing masks of some sort? On the other hand, wouldn't someone wearing a mask in a trailer park stand out? I suppose they could use something light to cover part of the face, but a balaclava would surely stand out a lot more?

(snipped)

Where does "men" come from? PD said " two unknown subjects."
Did they make another statement somewhere I missed?

This is beyond evil. So cruel and cold-hearted. This poor, poor baby. So happy and innocent. :*(

Oh, I didn't realize...I guess if it hasn't been written down anywhere that I just figured it would be more likely to be two males? Am I the first here to say "two men"? ETA I just looked back at page 1 of the thread and yes, I was the first to do that!

Interesting. I suppose a female with a grudge could potentially hurt a woman's child to get back at the woman.

(snipped)

Where does "men" come from? PD said " two unknown subjects."
Did they make another statement somewhere I missed?

This is beyond evil. So cruel and cold-hearted. This poor, poor baby. So happy and innocent. :*(

UPDATE: Funeral set for Natchitoches infant kidnapped, burned

Investigators say Levi's mother told them two unknown men came to her trailer and began beating on the door. She told police she was sprayed in the face with a substance she believed to be mace. She ran to get away from her attackers then circled back to find her son missing.

bbm

This is the kind of stuff you‘d normally see in India or somewhere in Africa but I found these cases:

Random. Not tortured, but killed:
Man kidnapped and killed three-week-old girl and shot her parents

Not random. Not killed, but tortured and left to die:
https://nypost.com/2015/11/21/ex-babysitter-charged-in-toddlers-bizarre-abduction/
Ugh these links are horrible beyond words...I knew as soon as I asked I really didn’t want to know the answer. :(

——-

So, thinking about some other angles, which probably are not the case here, but will mention them anyway for brainstorming purposes, perhaps the intention was not to burn and kill the baby originally. Maybe it was a kidnapping gone wrong, say someone wanted a baby or something like that, like in Savanna Greywind’s case, but then LE was on their trail fast so they decided to “ditch the evidence”...or could Levi have been been injured and unconscious during the kidnapping and they panicked...I don’t want to give any defense attorneys any ideas for WHEN these scum bags are arrested...just wondering if there may be another angle other than a revenge killing, etc.

ETA: but if an accelerant was used, this might indicate premeditation, unless they just happened to have gasoline in the car...was the burn location decided in advance, this is all so awful. :(

Last edited:
“The trailer park is in the 5600 block of the La. Highway 1 Bypass, tucked away from the busy four-lane road by a thicket of trees.“

Photo of officers at RR tracks at link:
Police: Baby dead after kidnapping, fire in north Louisiana

———

“Officers from the Natchitoches Police Department, Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s 0ffice, Louisiana State Police, and Northwestern State University Police Department mobilized and began searching for the missing infant.

At 10:20 p.m., the Natchitoches Fire Department responded to a fire near Breda Avenue, approximately 1 mile away from the trailer park, and found the baby suffering from severe burns.“

6-month-old baby in north Louisiana dies in fire 1 hour after kidnapping

-tight timeline here it seems, they didn’t have Levi long.

——

Vacant house fire/ maybe O/T, in fact likely is. Don’t want to clog the thread with a bunch of unrelated stuff so I guess will just have to wait for more info from LE about all of this.
Vacant home goes up in flames in Bossier City

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304