GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the without a doubt facts in this case (IMO) :
1. This was a planned hit (nothing stolen or disturbed)
2. RD was the main target (beheaded and left)
3. This crime spoke to someone who knew him and had dealings with him in the past
4. Because this was planned, did the possibility of them moving to a "safer" environment in the near future speed up the perpetrator's intentions (sold boat, gave up golf, age, etc.) ?

I still find it hard to believe no evidence was found. The killers spent some time in the garage and not 1 bit of evidence was left behind ? Although SS once said they had all forms of evidence and then went on to deny they had any evidence he also stated in 1 interview he wasn't going to go into what evidence he has. So confusing.

Why not leave Mrs D. in the garage with Mr. D? Why go to all the trouble of tying her up and putting her in the water with concrete blocks tied to her. And then why take the chance of getting caught by taking her with them in the boat? (If that is what they used).

It would not have delayed LE looking for the perps as they had a beheaded Mr. D. in his garage.

I can't help but think it was a warning to someone close to the D's that if demands weren't met, their mother would be murdered as well. Little did anyone know (other than the perps) that she was already deceased.

They must have known the lake would be searched and at only 60 feet deep they had to know eventually she would be found. If the killers dumped her in the ocean I would say they didn't want her found but in a lake it was just a stall tactic. But yes why not leave both of them in the garage is a good question

Very well could be why Razz...……

but.....….WHY did THEY GO TO THE TROUBLE?

Look at the FBI profile page, very confusing...……

why? who? are the two questions

Why not leave Mrs D. in the garage with Mr. D? Why go to all the trouble of tying her up and putting her in the water with concrete blocks tied to her. And then why take the chance of getting caught by taking her with them in the boat? (If that is what they used).

It would not have delayed LE looking for the perps as they had a beheaded Mr. D. in his garage.

I can't help but think it was a warning to someone close to the D's that if demands weren't met, their mother would be murdered as well. Little did anyone know (other than the perps) that she was already deceased.

apparently they needed her removed from site
and RD had a handful of her hair

WHY

They must have known the lake would be searched and at only 60 feet deep they had to know eventually she would be found. If the killers dumped her in the ocean I would say they didn't want her found but in a lake it was just a stall tactic. But yes why not leave both of them in the garage is a good question

I still find it hard to believe no evidence was found. The killers spent some time in the garage and not 1 bit of evidence was left behind ? Although SS once said they had all forms of evidence and then went on to deny they had any evidence he also stated in 1 interview he wasn't going to go into what evidence he has. So confusing.

same as the guy on the lawn, SS said, "it was a man and that's all IM going to say about that".....….

maybe there never was a man on the lawn...…….maybe there never was any evidence....that SS or investigators found anyway

The killers knew or didn't CARE If she was found or planned that she'd be found
They knew he'd be found or they would have hauled him away too

but BOTH situations were apparently planned so that neither would be found right away

same as the guy on the lawn, SS said, "it was a man and that's all IM going to say about that".....….

maybe there never was a man on the lawn...…….maybe there never was any evidence....that SS or investigators found anyway

The killers knew or didn't CARE If she was found or planned that she'd be found
They knew he'd be found or they would have hauled him away too

but BOTH situations were apparently planned so that neither would be found right away
As if they WANTED THEM FOUND...…..but not immediately

That could imply that it was someone they knew, as has been stated all along or they wouldn't have cared if they were found on day 1, not concerned about any findings and their hairs or fibers or prints etc

SOmebody SERIOUSLY did not want to be found out

This "why" drives me nuts, Razz. Early on, before her body surfaced, it sure was speculated a great deal as to where the heck was Mrs. D. and why would she have been taken??

During the first weeks and months of this awful murder case, I assumed the perps did use a boat and wondered if they initially planned to take both D.'s with them to put into the lake, and something happened, or they DID make some big mistakes, and found they could not carry or fit both Dermonds in the boat at the same time, and did not have time to make two trips. Maybe they WERE in a bit more of a hurry to dispose of the bodies than it appears, who knows? Sooo, realizing they couldn't take Mr. D., they took his head instead to destroy evidence, and that's the best they could do. I sometimes also wondered if one of the perps could have been a female. It's an unbelievable mystery!

This "why" drives me nuts, Razz. Early on, before her body surfaced, it sure was speculated a great deal as to where the heck was Mrs. D. and why would she have been taken??

During the first weeks and months of this awful murder case, I assumed the perps did use a boat and wondered if they initially planned to take both D.'s with them to put into the lake, and something happened, or they DID make some big mistakes, and found they could not carry or fit both Dermonds in the boat at the same time, and did not have time to make two trips. Maybe they WERE in a bit more of a hurry to dispose of the bodies than it appears, who knows? Sooo, realizing they couldn't take Mr. D., they took his head instead to destroy evidence, and that's the best they could do. I sometimes also wondered if one of the perps could have been a female. It's an unbelievable mystery!
What made you think that one of the perps may have been female? (A very interesting thought.)

We have been told the Dermonds opened the door for whomever killed them so that says a lot.

Maybe... but I know a lot of people who would open the door to someone - anyone - who was knocking during daylight hours and didn't appear overtly threatening.

By the way, (not directed particularly to you, Mimi) I've wondered: if it were a murder for hire, would perps have possibly taken the head to show proof for payment? And/or Mrs. was taken while Mr. was still alive in order to make him talk? About what, I don't know - location of assets, the will? And then he was killed anyway?

All just MOO.

And if they knew their killers, those kind would try very hard to prevent being discovered, its not like a stranger who might just be passing through that might never be discovered because they wont be questioned...….but everyone the Dermonds knew have been questioned...…..so someone passed thru the radar or someone was forgotten

THese perps had to try much harder to prevent discovery, so for sure everything was confused to make detection impossible or highly unlikely because they risk discovery more than a stranger

We have been told the Dermonds opened the door for whomever killed them so that says a lot.

Actually I do too, thinking more on it, my last scenario sort of made sense but because they dropped MRS D in the lake, the lake they lived on and didn't try to get her hidden better, makes me think they just drove down on their way out at possibly Lawrence shoals near the dam since they were heading that way anyway from the Dermonds home, they likely dropped his head somewhere if not where she was, in the lake, the skull wont float like a body so wont surface unless washed ashore somewhere, so it could be anywhere in the lake going down towards the dam and the boat launch towards the dam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member