CANADA - 3 dead including gunman, 12 injured in Greektown shooting, Toronto, July 2018

dotr

Reaction score
At least 10 seriously injured in Greektown shooting: paramedics - CityNews Toronto
"Toronto police were called to an area outside a restaurant on Danforth Avenue near Logan Avenue around 10 p.m. following reports of multiple gunshots.

Witnesses tell CityNews that they heard up to 25 gunshots.

Paramedics tell CityNews the scene encompasses several blocks and a number of victims have sustained significant injuries. Six victims have been transported to trauma centres, 1 to a pediatric trauma centre and two to local hospitals while an unconfirmed number of people are being treated at the scene.

The fate of the gunman is unknown at this time but unconfirmed reports say the shooter is no longer active."

Breaking News

Multiple people have been injured after shots rang out in a busy Toronto neighbourhood Sunday night.

Police, paramedics and firefighters have converged on the scene in the area of Danforth and Logan avenues, in Toronto’s east end.

Paramedics said they’ve transported at least eight patients to hospitals, and six of those were trauma cases.

Multiple people injured after shots fired in Toronto

9 people injured in Greektown shooting, shooter dead: police - CityNews Toronto
"Witnesses tell CityNews that they heard up to 25 gunshots.

Paramedics tell CityNews the scene encompasses several blocks and a number of victims have sustained significant injuries. Six victims have been transported to trauma centres, 1 to a pediatric trauma centre and two to local hospitals while an unconfirmed number of people are being treated at the scene.

Police confirm the shooter is dead.

Police are asking anyone who may have witnessed the shootings to go to a command post that has been set up at Pape Avenue and Danforth Avenue.

The TTC says subway trains are bypassing Chester station due to the police activity in the area.

Multiple people shot in Toronto's Riverdale neighbourhood, paramedics say | CBC News
riverdale-shooting.jpg

Paramedics say multiple people have been shot in Toronto's Riverdale neighbourhood Sunday evening. (Laura Green/CBC)
Shooter no longer active

Includes video, below is live tweet, so shocking to hear those gunshots in an area I associate with people out enjoying good food on a summer's evening.
9 injured after shooting on Toronto’s Danforth; shooter dead
"Nine people were shot, including a nine-year-old child, a police source told Global News. The gunman is believed to have shot at police, the source said".

Last edited:
Nine injured in mass shooting in Toronto

Toronto EMS Deputy Commander Shawn Staff said between five and fifteen people were transported to local hospitals, including two adult trauma centres and one pediatric hospital.

He could not provide the number of patients, but said they were dealing with “several high-acuity critically injured patients, including one child.”
Eyewitness Jim Melis described a white man wearing a black cap and a bandana firing shots into a cafe. Mr. Melis was driving southbound toward Danforth Avenue, when a man ran out in front of his car, crossing the street. He said the man walked by the Dmitri Cafe, pulled out a gun and began shooting through the window.

Another witness, John Aruldason, said the Greektown neighbourhood of the Danforth was crowded. “Every restaurant was packed, patios were full.”

I couldn't find the video I saw on the news anywhere in MSM online, but the person who recorded it uploaded it to her instagram. It's also on twitter if you search "Danforth shooter." Warning: Disturbing.

eta: Just realized I commented on this in the other thread. I didn't even realize there were two threads. It's chilling. I'm sure it will be everywhere by morning.

Last edited:
There is an amazingly clear video of the shooter shooting at people on twitter, but I can't share it yet because I haven't seen it yet on MSM. But you can find it with the hashtag #Danforthshooting

CP24 just interviewed two local politicians (counsillors?). They spoke of the 9 year old girl as if she is deceased. “A life cut short”.

CP24 did not confirm, nor ask about it on camera. But they mentioned afterwards that they would ask the politicians off-camera.

(Chief Saunders confirmed that child is in critical condition.)

Last edited:
I couldn't find the video I saw on the news anywhere in MSM online, but the person who recorded it uploaded it to her instagram. It's also on twitter if you search "Danforth shooter." Warning: Disturbing.

eta: Just realized I commented on this in the other thread. I didn't even realize there were two threads. It's chilling. I'm sure it will be everywhere by morning.

Wow, that is horrifying to see that guy just coldly shooting.
It looks like FOX and other media was hoping to get that clip from the instagram poster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back