Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people actually like to cook. Not me. It is possible that Kate and or William like to cook.

But why? They can do whatever they want and come for a delicious meal and then leave the clean up to staff.

Play with the kids. Exercise. Absolutely anything they want. Sounds good to me.

Does Kate nurse or bottle feed?

It would be a dream to have the baby brought to you all nice and cleaned up. Then you can feed and hold the baby.

So much more restful. If you don’t have to cook, clean, do laundry and errands, life with children would be much easier. Just have fun.

There will be other nannies as Maria Borrello has her own living quarters down the road a bit. The Royal children are never alone, they have a nanny who sleeps in the adjoining room. They are probably on 8 hrs shifts, 24/7 with a 2:1 ratio.

Remember, they do not live like we do. If Granny Carole takes perhaps the older two, the baby still needs a nanny. Their idea of hands on and ours is no doubt miles apart.

The parents don't lose sleep or stay up with a feverish child, that's the nannys job.

We would be quite surprised if we understood their idea of 'hands on', probably an hour or so a day.

There will be other nannies as Maria Borrello has her own living quarters down the road a bit. The Royal children are never alone, they have a nanny who sleeps in the adjoining room. They are probably on 8 hrs shifts, 24/7 with a 2:1 ratio.

Remember, they do not live like we do. If Granny Carole takes perhaps the older two, the baby still needs a nanny. Their idea of hands on and ours is no doubt miles apart.

The parents don't lose sleep or stay up with a feverish child, that's the nannys job.

We would be quite surprised if we understood their idea of 'hands on', probably an hour or so a day.

They secretly eat burgers & fries from McDonalds, and have Chicago style pizza delivered a few times a week. ‘Hands on’

Seriously speaking, I’ve read that Kate does enjoy cooking and indulges in sweets, beef, cheese, bread on a regular basis.

I don’t think the Duchess of Cambridge is as hands off as we might think I think it is important to her to have a close bond with her children as a result of her normal upbringing. At the Christenings and other Royal events she interacts with the children and doesn’t leave Maria to do everything which is nice.

I don’t think the Duchess of Cambridge is as hands off as we might think I think it is important to her to have a close bond with her children as a result of her normal upbringing. At the Christenings and other Royal events she interacts with the children and doesn’t leave Maria to do everything which is nice.

I agree completely! Her motherly love is so evident and passionate. She is radiant in her very hands on parental role.

Maria Borella is not an around the clock Nannie. This would be impossible for anyone to do.

I imagine there is a Night Nannie too. She is probably the one who sleeps in the adjoining bedroom. Maria Borella may go home at night.

My DIL had problems with her two babies sleeping. She jumped at every sound, kept them in the master bedroom too long, so they didn’t learn to self soothe. She hired a Night Nannie who had a bedroom on the same floor as the nursery. The Night Nannie was not expected to stay up all night. Her job was to tend to baby if he got up during the night, and mother could sleep. She had set hours, like 11:00 pm until 7:00 am. She was a jewel! She knew how to get those babies to sleep through the night.

I am sure the children don’t have a clue, but that uniform is scary and ugly. I feel as if the nanny looks like a guard rather than a motherly type.

Some people have fabulous metabolisms. If I ate the food that Kate theoretically eats, there is no way I would be a size zero or whatever tiny size she is.

Or maybe she has one bite of each item such as a sweet.

I agree completely! Her motherly love is so evident and passionate. She is radiant in her very hands on parental role.

Yes I agree you can see the love the Duchess has for the children. The children are very lucky to have the Duke and Duchess as parents I think they are loved very much and will turn out well.

Call me naive, but I honestly don't think they have a night nanny! Do you remember back when they had George, and they weren't going to have a nanny at all - but then got William's old nanny to help out 'as and when' temporarily (she was 72 I believe! not full-time nannying at all)? Then they gave in and hired Maria. So much about how we parent comes from how we were parented, and Kate had a pretty normal (albeit rich) upbringing. I think she would want a tiny band of very loyal, discreet staff who mostly let her get on with raising her family. She certainly used to do her own food-shopping, remember also as a newlywed she was a regular at Waitrose in Anglesey. Rich, yes, but also very family-oriented.

Plus in the UK children go off to preschool/nursery at 3 years, then school from 4 years which means that those early years are so precious. George attended nursery and I'm wondering now if Charlotte has started, or starts in September. Nannying at this point would involve a lot of logistics and driving, although parents say that Kate or William tend to do the school run! I'm telling you, there's something distinctly normal about these parents, lol. And I've never seen even a whiff of another nanny, nor heard of one, besides the temporary nanny with George coming up to 1. Kate stayed with her mother after George was born instead of hiring a night nanny.

I was thinking the other day about Charles and Di having a bad marriage from the outset. But if Charles hadn't married Diana, and he'd stayed single and had no children (maybe married Camilla after her divorce as he has done in our reality), then we'd have Charles as king, followed by King Andrew, and then Queen Beatrice!

I was thinking the other day about Charles and Di having a bad marriage from the outset. But if Charles hadn't married Diana, and he'd stayed single and had no children (maybe married Camilla after her divorce as he has done in our reality), then we'd have Charles as king, followed by King Andrew, and then Queen Beatrice!

*shudders at the last two words*

If Charles never had children I wonder if the heir rules would have been changed then (as they have been now) to make Anne the Queen as she is the second eldest. She had Peter & Zara before Charles even married Di, interesting that she refused to give them royal titles given that Peter could have been directly in line to the throne. Dodged a bullet there, Pete!!

Last edited:
Samantha Markle appeared on Good Morning Britain on Monday to talk about her relationship with the Duchess of Sussex, and whether she was profiting off Meghan's royal position.

The 53-year-old said: 'I've worked in media most of my life and in broadcasting. So because my sister is suddenly royal isn't grounds for me to stop doing all that.

'Let's face it, we all have to survive, money makes the world go round, so if you want to call that cashing in, that's fine. But no one in media would refuse a paycheck for talking about the royals.'

She later added: 'For someone to say, ''Oh you shouldn't take any money, you should turn down a paycheck'', go tell your boss you don't want a paycheck for interviewing me because that's cashing in.'

Samantha Markle admits 'cashing in' on Meghan's marriage to Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

I feel like boycotting the ITV channel and writing a strongly worded letter complaining.

*shudders at the last two words*

If Charles never had children I wonder if the heir rules would have been changed then (as they have been now) to make Anne the Queen as she is the second eldest. She had Peter & Zara before Charles even married Di, interesting that she refused to give them royal titles given that Peter could have been directly in line to the throne. Dodged a bullet there, Pete!!

I think if they change rules, as they did before George was born, they are for 'going forward' not applying to those who are already in line.

Samantha Markle appeared on Good Morning Britain on Monday to talk about her relationship with the Duchess of Sussex, and whether she was profiting off Meghan's royal position.

The 53-year-old said: 'I've worked in media most of my life and in broadcasting. So because my sister is suddenly royal isn't grounds for me to stop doing all that.

'Let's face it, we all have to survive, money makes the world go round, so if you want to call that cashing in, that's fine. But no one in media would refuse a paycheck for talking about the royals.'

She later added: 'For someone to say, ''Oh you shouldn't take any money, you should turn down a paycheck'', go tell your boss you don't want a paycheck for interviewing me because that's cashing in.'

Samantha Markle admits 'cashing in' on Meghan's marriage to Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

I feel like boycotting the ITV channel and writing a strongly worded letter complaining.

Good idea, speak life!

She is missing the point entirely and doing herself no favors with this ‘money makes the world go around’ narrative. She’s an opportunist in clear sight. If she’s been in ‘this biz most of her life’ there should be other go-to industry sources if she is needing money to make her ‘worlds’ go around.

Who cashes in at their loved ones expense, (other than these types)?

[ETA warning: this is the British Royal family only]
The 70 Best Royal Hat Moments of All Time
70 Best Royal Hats in History - Most Memorable Royal Family Fascinators

my faves: Princess Margaret in peacock feathers
Queen Elizabeth in a blue flower embellished hat in Tuvalu
Princess Diana in navy netted veil hat (1988)
Princess Beatrice in white feather burst hat
Duchess Catherine in red fascinator with maple leaf accents
Duchess Catherine in blush hat with oversized under-brim flower

Last edited:
This popped up on my recommended viewing with Comcast Xfinity streaming on demand:

People Magazine Investigates: Crimes of Fashion

(2018) Investigation Discovery joins forces with reporters from People magazine to tell stories of high-end fashion icons and their couture crimes that captured headlines. The adage"if looks could kill" takes on entirely unique meaning in the series, which grants People's journalists exclusive access beyond the catwalk to reveal that fashion can sometimes be fatal. The hourlong tales of depravity, obsession, and family betrayal in the fashion world all have a common thread -- cold-blooded murder.

Two episodes so far: Linda Sobek and Maurizio Gucci

[ETA warning: this is the British Royal family only]
The 70 Best Royal Hat Moments of All Time
70 Best Royal Hats in History - Most Memorable Royal Family Fascinators

my faves: Princess Margaret in peacock feathers
Queen Elizabeth in a blue flower embellished hat in Tuvalu
Princess Diana in navy netted veil hat (1988)
Princess Beatrice in white feather burst hat
Duchess Catherine in red fascinator with maple leaf accents
Duchess Catherine in blush hat with oversized under-brim flower

These are great! I like your faves too.

My votes for most over-the-top:
6-The Queen Mother triangles hat
32-Princess Margaret red feathers
43-Princess Beatrice butterfly fascination
45-Zara Phillips at William and Kate’s wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online