GUILTY UT - Father killed infant son on altar after finding “666” on him, Ogden, 20 Jul 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Dad was reading Bible when mom came home. The baby’s body was in the trash, police say

Alex Hidalgo, 37, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated homicide, obstructing justice and desecrating a dead human body, the Ogden Police Department said Sunday.

Hidalgo was watching his infant son while the mother ran errands. When she returned, she found Hidalgo reading a bible and watching a religious video. When she asked Hidalgo where their baby was he told her he had killed him after building an altar and seeing "666" on him.

The baby's mom found her son in a garbage bag inside one of the closets and ran out of the apartment screaming when one of the neighbors came out to help her.

The mom and neighbor tried to perform CPR on her son until medical personnel arrived but they were unable to revive the child.

upload_2018-7-22_23-46-41.pngupload_2018-7-22_23-47-46.jpeg

Ogden Police UT

Ogden Police UT

Father charged with aggravated murder in Ogden infant homicide case

Father said he killed his son because he found 666 written on the boy, according to police

Father arrested after deceased 10-month-old Ogden boy found in trash can

Ogden father says he killed infant son on altar after finding “666” on him, court documents show

Utah father claimed he killed his son because he “had 666” on him, jail documents reveal

It sounds like delusions/hallucinations from schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder or some other form of religious mania, but it could just be another junkie gone wild. I think I'm giving up on second guessing what's going on in the minds of people when I know their actions will never make sense to me.

Sometimes it would be nice to have a button that says "WOW that is a wild story and I am SO glad you posted the trainwreck here for us!!!" instead of LIKE.

But, I guess we like to read about trainwrecks or we'd be off somewhere else....

RIP, little guy, all my best to your Mom & family!

Dad was reading Bible when mom came home. The baby’s body was in the trash, police say

Alex Hidalgo, 37, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated homicide, obstructing justice and desecrating a dead human body, the Ogden Police Department said Sunday.

Hidalgo was watching his infant son while the mother ran errands. When she returned, she found Hidalgo reading a bible and watching a religious video. When she asked Hidalgo where their baby was he told her he had killed him after building an altar and seeing "666" on him.

The baby's mom found her son in a garbage bag inside one of the closets and ran out of the apartment screaming when one of the neighbors came out to help her.

The mom and neighbor tried to perform CPR on her son until medical personnel arrived but they were unable to revive the child.

View attachment 139537View attachment 139538

Ogden Police UT

Ogden Police UT

Father charged with aggravated murder in Ogden infant homicide case

Father said he killed his son because he found 666 written on the boy, according to police

Father arrested after deceased 10-month-old Ogden boy found in trash can

Ogden father says he killed infant son on altar after finding “666” on him, court documents show

Utah father claimed he killed his son because he “had 666” on him, jail documents reveal
According to the probable cause (quoting from your last link):
At that point, detectives say Hidalgo asked the woman to not call anyone, fearing he would “go to prison.”
Crime Scene Investigators found a paring knife in the kitchen sink that was “wet as if it had just been washed,” the PC statement says.
The father also fled on foot in order to avoid arrest.

Most likely something was going on in the man's head - drugs or mental illness - and he'll probably have a mental evaluation.

But telling the mom not to call anyone because he didn't want to go to prison, washing the knife and then fleeing from police indicates he knew what he did was against the law. I don't think that would qualify for a diminished capacity defense but I sure the heck don't know what other defense he could raise. JMO

Wednesday, July 25th:
*Prelim Hearing – UT – baby boy (10 mos) (July 20, 2018) – Alex Hidalgo (37) arrested (7/21/18) & charged (7/23/18) with aggravated murder, obstruction of justice & desecrating a dead human body. Held without bail. Said he saw “666” on the boy’s body & killed him by a self-made altar.

Man charged with fatally stabbing young son makes court appearance
Alex Hidalgo, 37, of West Valley, made his initial court appearance on Wednesday in Ogden. He is charged in 2nd District Court with aggravated murder, a first-degree felony; obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony; and abuse or desecration of a dead body, a third-degree felony.
@Niner
A hearing on who will represent Hidalgo was scheduled for Aug. 2, according to court records. Until then, a judge ordered he remain held in the Weber County Jail on no bail.
According to court records, Hidalgo was charged with rape of a child and sex abuse of a child in 2003. The case was scheduled to go to trial in 2004, but prosecutors eventually filed a motion to dismiss due to "evidence problems," court records state. He has a string of misdemeanor convictions dating back several years, including domestic violence in front of a child, intoxication, DUI and drug possession.
upload_2018-7-26_20-6-22.jpegupload_2018-7-26_20-6-40.jpeg

Father accused of murdering son learns of death penalty
Judge Michael Direda: "Count one, the aggravated murder charge, carries a potential penalty of which may be as high as death penalty or could carry life without parole of a life sentence.
do you understand that?"
Alex Hidalgo: "Yes."

But for now, Hidalgo won't know if prosecutors will go after the death penalty.

"We want to wait until after the preliminary hearing," said Weber County Attorney Chris Allred. "We want to hear more of the evidence."

Thanks for the updated date cybervampira!

and he was a Jr.... so sad...
sigh-smiley.gif

RIP Little Alex
rose-smiley.gif

I'll be on a road trip tomorrow - so posting this now:

Thursday, August 2nd:
*Prelim Hearing – UT – baby boy (10 mos) (July 20, 2018) – Alex Hidalgo (37) arrested (7/21/18) & charged (7/23/18) with aggravated murder (1st degree felony), obstruction of justice (2nd degree felony) & desecrating a dead human body (3rd degree felony). Held without bail.
Said he saw “666” on the boy’s body & killed him by a self-made altar. Could get DP.
7/26/18 Update: Next hearing 8/2 for appointment of an attorney.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back