Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
="keddiecutie, post: 14226654, membiys been hapening a week now with "your Internet has stopped" and I get kicked off. Oh and this problem where my reply jumps up into and messes up the quote I am replying to. I am no longer going to spend ages trying to correct them. r: 226594"]Me five, but who's counting.[/QUOTE]
Me six but I get a different message and I

I am really confused about this new site. I wanted to post something in Sierah's thread and I have no idea where to do so. Pages and pages of threads come up for her. How do I know which is the latest thread? Which thread is the discussion continuing? Same with Mollie Tibbetts. I go to see what's going on there and there's 20 different threads, people commenting on separate ones, at all different times, different discussions...where are the main, current discussion threads?
Look under 'Watched Threads'. I'm not sure about Mollie's thread but here is Sierra's latest thread;

GUILTY - Oh - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

I am really confused about this new site. I wanted to post something in Sierah's thread and I have no idea where to do so. Pages and pages of threads come up for her. How do I know which is the latest thread? Which thread is the discussion continuing? Same with Mollie Tibbetts. I go to see what's going on there and there's 20 different threads, people commenting on separate ones, at all different times, different discussions...where are the main, current discussion threads?
Here is Mollie’s thread.

IA - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 19, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

I can relate to your issue and have posed this question to Tricia @Tricia, so far no response. In this instance it’s not so much about finding a titled thread, it’s the numerous pages under the thread that have no chronological order to speak of. Who has the time or desire to go through volumes of threads to see which is the most recent? There are no dates shown other than the starting dates. I have not seen any sequence of order, it’s random. On the previous site the latest post on a thread was the first post listed, descending from there. This has been frustrating and has resulted in less time spent here.

What’s going on? That’s strange being that she said she would respond a couple of days ago.

I’m so frustrated with the site glitches. Today, and all day it’s been spotty.

It has been horrible today. And WS is definitely the problem. Every time it hangs I check other sites and they all are working fine.

I’m sorry for being a complainer, however, something is wrong with connecting to WS.

1. Earlier this evening, it took me 23 minutes to connect. The message was Service Unavailable.

2. Just now I got this message which is the first time I have seen it: It was 10:01 when this Error message appeared.

Can't Load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.

3. I am continuing to have to Accept Cookies, and sign in even if I just go to top of page to New Posts. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve signed in today.

I’m sorry for being a complainer, however, something is wrong with connecting to WS.

1. Earlier this evening, it took me 23 minutes to connect. The message was Service Unavailable.

2. Just now I got this message which is the first time I have seen it: It was 10:01 when this Error message appeared.

Can't Load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.

3. I am continuing to have to Accept Cookies, and sign in even if I just go to top of page to New Posts. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve signed in today.

You are not alone. Something is wrong with the site, we don’t know what it is and we have reached out to Tricia (upthread). We haven’t heard back from her.

Last discussed-the trouble shooting list was ready to be addressed because the jumping Ads issue was corrected. Appears to have been stalled since then.

You are not alone. Something is wrong with the site, we don’t know what it is and we have reached out to Tricia (upthread). We haven’t heard back from her.

Last discussed-the trouble shooting list was ready to be addressed because the jumping Ads issue was corrected. Appears to have been stalled since then.

Let me ask you what you are using to connect to Websleuths. Is it an iPad desktop, android, iPhone? Also what search engine are you using?

Please understand we are doing the best we can to fix the issues. I have a list together to go over with Dave tomorrow (Monday)
Tricia's profile shows she hasn't logged on in 24 hours, and she hasn't posted for 3 days.

*You cannot always see when I am online.

*A lot of the work I actually do for Websleuths is done off the site.

* Because I haven't posted does not mean anything as far as what I am doing on the forum.

*My real life does get in the way of Websleuths from time to time. I have personal issues I need to handle which means sometimes I cannot spend the amount of time trying to get your answers as I would like.

I am discussing with Dave tomorrow (Monday) many of the issues you are talking about.

I have been trying to come up with a quicker way for me to get to your questions. I know it is frustrating to bring a problem to our attention and nothing is done nor is your post acknowledged.

This is the last thing I want and I feel awful when I can't get to the problems and solve them for you so I have an idea.

If you spend a good amount of time on this discussion thread and would like to be my liaison basically that would be wonderful.

I am looking for someone who can get with me once a day and tell me the latest issues being posted on this thread. That way I don't have to spend so much time trying to find the posts with the actual problems that are mixed in with the chit-chat.

If this person would be willing to talk with me once a day about the issues going on with all of you that would be fantastic.

I prefer talking. Whoever this person is will be working closely with me and we need to get to know each other well.

While it may seem simple to be able to come on this thread and find the problems I can assure you there are times it is very difficult to decipher what is going on.

This is a volunteer position. All we will be discussing is what is in this thread that needs my attention and Dave's attention.

If I have any takers please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com or start a conversation with me (private message) on the forum.

Hopefully, this will help me get to your problems quicker.

Thank you,
Tricia

I'm using my desktop with the Chrome browser and am experiencing the same issues others have posted.

I haven't tried on my laptop.
Those issues include trying to actually get on the forum but it just spins right? What else do you experience?

This site can’t be reached
www.websleuths.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Happened at 7:08 pm EST. Had the same thing happen at least two dozen times today.

ETA: The is the only site I've experienced problems with today.

Bump.

@Tricia, I experienced this issue many times today on a PC with Windows 10 and Chrome.

Last edited:
Tricia said:
**snipped for focus**
Let me ask you what you are using to connect to Websleuths. Is it an iPad desktop, android, iPhone? Also what search engine are you using?

I'm on a laptop (Compaq), Windows 7 and use Mozilla. I've had that "Service Unavailable" all day yesterday - I believe I posted the times up thread - but as I recall, it was at 3:44pm Eastern European Time, which is 8:44am ET.

Also those "Accept Cookies" has appeared a few times.

Tricia said:
Those issues include trying to actually get on the forum but it just spins right? What else do you experience?

That's what happens to me - it keeps spinning, but I can still scroll down & post, but then it gets hung up on when I click on "Likes", I have to wait, and wait....
bored-smiley.gif

I just noticed that this thread is just spinning....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk