UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note : the genealogy web site that tracked and cracked the golden state killer has just solved 5 more unsolved cases . This will be a whole new era of crime solving advances that will solve murders decades old .

If there was any dna left behind in the Rhoden gilley murders someone’s in trouble .
Just think about all the unsolved cases that will be solved in this year alone . Jon Bennett comes to mind along with many others . Should be a interesting year . I would expect several suicides and many people worrying .
If WE meaning you and I , wanted to use there services to track someone - a mere $2000 would do it . Think about the the victims family’s who want answers to their loved one murders . 2000 is cheap . It’s going to be a busy year and allota happy family’s .

Just a note : the genealogy web site that tracked and cracked the golden state killer has just solved 5 more unsolved cases . This will be a whole new era of crime solving advances that will solve murders decades old .

If there was any dna left behind in the Rhoden gilley murders someone’s in trouble .
Just think about all the unsolved cases that will be solved in this year alone . Jon Bennett comes to mind along with many others . Should be a interesting year . I would expect several suicides and many people worrying .
If WE meaning you and I , wanted to use there services to track someone - a mere $2000 would do it . Think about the the victims family’s who want answers to their loved one murders . 2000 is cheap . It’s going to be a busy year and allota happy family’s .

Wow! That's quite impressive, but, with that power comes great responsibility.

Last edited:
No junk or salvage records were found. I bet they let someone drive it, between 9/16/2013 & 8/28/2015, then later titled it over, but didn't update the odometer reading, and had to correct the title, and possibly remove a lien holder, which might explain the other two title change dates in 2015.
That very well could be what happened. I can believe that happening more than I can driving over 22,000 miles in 12 days LOL.

So, was the person who owned the car when it was somehow involved in the Rhoden murders ever questioned? Why did they decide to sell it to James Manley and who told PCSO that the sale had occurred?
I sure hope the previous owner was questioned. And I’d also hope that truck had a GPS tracker on it prior to JM owning it.

Whoever sold it to Manley, only owned it on paper a little over 12 months. I just find the dates odd. Maybe that’s just me though. The truck was titled 2 months before the murders then titled by JM about 6 weeks before the 1 year anniversary. WEIRD!

Maybe an “informant” told PCSO that JM now had the truck. Or maybe a tip was called in. Or maybe PCSO was watching the family. It is odd though that PCSO wasn’t concerned with that tracking JM in that truck until 6 weeks after he titled it. I dont know, I suppose the possibilities of who, what, when, why are endless since we have next to nothing when it comes to the GPS warrant and the affidavit that’s sealed.

Why did PCSO put a GPS tracker on the red truck during the anniversary memorial for the Rhoden/Gilley family members, while family was in the church? Why would PCSO attempt to track James Manley when they already knew someone else owned and drove the suspect red truck the night of the murders?

IMO they put a tracker on, on that specific day because it was the only time they could go on to the Manley property and not be seen because no one was home. Every one was at the memorial.

Perhaps they were worried that if they snuck on the property at night, they’d be heard and shot. After all, Reader did tell the family to arm themselves and LM made the statement that if someone showed up at his house in the middle of the night, he was shooting (paraphrasing-he made that statement after PCSO woke them at 3 in the morning)

JMO, someone at PCSO was trying to frame JM for the murders.

All of this was done as they were allowing the Wags family to move to Alaska with S, even though PCSO had "laser focus" on them.

One incident you'll notice when watching the Gone: Missing Women of Ohio documentary is that there was an instance when LE decided to unfairly punish one of their women informants by having a judge unjustly take away the woman's children. Family courts work with LE down there to punish innocent women.

Anything’s possible. I personally don’t believe PCSO could stop the W’s from moving. Without arrest warrants and charges, the W’s were free to go wherever they wanted. BUT, I do believe they could have done something to stop them from leaving the state with S. PCSO fought to keep the other 3 children in foster care/protective custody. Why didn’t they fight to protect S? Just because she wasn’t present for the murders doesn’t mean that child wasn’t in harms way like the other children. JMO.

Last edited:
JM has never been named as a suspect for anything. A judge had to sign off on putting a tracking device on that vehicle, so there had to be just cause. I think the warrant pushed the envelope, personally, just based on what little we know, but maybe it served their purpose. They have called JM a witness. Maybe their end goal was to get him in front of the grand jury as a witness.

So are you saying perhaps the entire truck issue was simply a means to an end? If so the OBCI has some very smart people. And what do you think JM knows to bring him to the table?

I sure hope the previous owner was questioned. And I’d also hope that truck had a GPS tracker on it prior to JM owning it.

Whoever sold it to Manley, only owned it on paper a little over 12 months. I just find the dates odd. Maybe that’s just me though. The truck was titled 2 months before the murders then titled by JM about 6 weeks before the 1 year anniversary. WEIRD!

Maybe an “informant” told PCSO that JM now had the truck. Or maybe a tip was called in. Or maybe PCSO was watching the family. It is odd though that PCSO wasn’t concerned with that tracking JM in that truck until 6 weeks after he titled it. I dont know, I suppose the possibilities of who, what, when, why are endless since we have next to nothing when it comes to the GPS warrant and the affidavit that’s sealed.

IMO they put a tracker on, on that specific day because it was the only time they could go on to the Manley property and not be seen because no one was home. Every one was at the memorial.

Perhaps they were worried that if they snuck on the property at night, they’d be heard and shot. After all, Reader did tell the family to arm themselves and LM made the statement that if someone showed up at his house in the middle of the night, he was shooting (paraphrasing-he made that statement after PCSO woke them at 3 in the morning)

Anything’s possible. I personally don’t believe PCSO could stop the W’s from moving. Without arrest warrants and charges, the W’s were free to go wherever they wanted. BUT, I do believe they could have done something to stop them from leaving the state with S. PCSO fought to keep the other 3 children in foster care/protective custody. Why didn’t they fight to protect S? Just because she wasn’t present for the murders doesn’t mean that child wasn’t in harms way like the other children. JMO.

The 3 yes. But it would have been very public to fight the WS and perhaps to much of the case would have been exposed.

Am I correct that the children are now with family?

Agree. I would think that the owner prior to AM titling the truck, was investigated, and may have had a tracker on the truck during the time they owned it, which, based on the data, may have resulted in the warrant for the gps tracker, when the truck came into AM's possession. There had to be probably cause to grant the gps search warrant. If there wasn't, any info they gleaned, would be tossed out in court.

The length of time, iirc, is only 10 days, that they have to place the gps unit on the vehicle, so they probably saw their chance, on the 21st, and put it on the truck.

Little B went to his bio Mom. That day, iirc. I don't think that he was placed in protective custody at any time, and he was there, during the murders, old enough to talk, and may have seen something (but the assailants may not have known he was there, however, they do now).

So are you saying perhaps the entire truck issue was simply a means to an end? If so the OBCI has some very smart people. And what do you think JM knows to bring him to the table?

BBM
Possibly. They only arrested him, because he took the gps unit off, and destroyed the unit. Another thought, did someone tip him off that it was there?

I can't speak to what JM knows, but, they were granted that gps search warrant, for that red truck, for some reason.

This is a pretty good article and audio interview. LE, once they have a warrant approved, doesn't have to tell you anything, not even why, or for what, they are searching. No matter if it is your home, your vehicle, property, etc... all they have to do is show you that they have a warrant.

http://radio.wosu.org/post/what-does-law-say-about-tampering-police-gps-trackers#stream/0

Agree. I would think that the owner prior to AM titling the truck, was investigated, and may have had a tracker on the truck during the time they owned it, which, based on the data, may have resulted in the warrant for the gps tracker, when the truck came into AM's possession. There had to be probably cause to grant the gps search warrant. If there wasn't, any info they gleaned, would be tossed out in court.

The length of time, iirc, is only 10 days, that they have to place the gps unit on the vehicle, so they probably saw their chance, on the 21st, and put it on the truck.

Little B went to his bio Mom. That day, iirc. I don't think that he was placed in protective custody at any time, and he was there, during the murders, old enough to talk, and may have seen something (but the assailants may not have known he was there, however, they do now).
Thank you, I realized I said 3 instead of 2 this morning but couldn’t edit my post.

Yes, I’m sure the assailant(s) now know that little B was there, if they didn’t know at the time. The most recent interview with CRob around the anniversary made me wonder if perhaps B did see or hear something that night.

Thank you, I realized I said 3 instead of 2 this morning but couldn’t edit my post.

Yes, I’m sure the assailant(s) now know that little B was there, if they didn’t know at the time. The most recent interview with CRob around the anniversary made me wonder if perhaps B did see or hear something that night.

BBM

That interview made me wonder too. More-so than I had before. Remember in the other case we were looking at, that, iirc, Dudly had posted about? The little four year old had pretended to be asleep when the "green dragon" stepped to his door? It was the child's 1/2 brother but he didn't fully recognize him b/c of the green gear he was wearing. B could have woke up, seen them, knew something scary was happening, and just laid there quietly, like the other little child. I read about another young child in a similar situation, who had pretended to be asleep, during a murder. IIrc, they described seeing the assailant, as a monster, of some sort, who stopped for a moment, in their bedroom door. B didn't have a bedroom. He was right there on the couch.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does BBM stand for in the context of this message board?

BBM

That interview made me wonder too. More-so than I had before. Remember in the other case we were looking at, that, iirc, Dudly had posted about? The little four year old had pretended to be asleep when the "green dragon" stepped to his door? It was the child's 1/2 brother but he didn't fully recognize him b/c of the green gear he was wearing. B could have woke up, seen them, knew something scary was happening, and just laid there quietly, like the other little child. I read about another young child in a similar situation, who had pretended to be asleep, during a murder. IIrc, they described seeing the assailant, as a monster, of some sort, who stopped for a moment, in their bedroom door. B didn't have a bedroom. He was right there on the couch.
Yesssss!! After I watched that episode of American Monster, all I could think about was B. The child in that episode wasn’t much older than B and then the 2nd year anniversary article speaking about B having nightmares. It truly worries me for his safety. IMO, I don’t think that should have been published until after arrests are made. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate any and every update we get, but that one concerns me.

Yesssss!! After I watched that episode of American Monster, all I could think about was B. The child in that episode wasn’t much older than B and then the 2nd year anniversary article speaking about B having nightmares. It truly worries me for his safety. IMO, I don’t think that should have been published until after arrests are made. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate any and every update we get, but that one concerns me.

Same thoughts here, and I didn't think it was wise to have published it either.

Hey, if any of you all are interested, there's a recent podcast about the Rhoden murders by Unsolved Murders: True Crime Stories Podcast. It was a little frustrating to hear the host make some mistakes about the case, but it was nice to get to hear someone discussing it!

EDIT: Sorry, I wrote the wrong podcast name. It's True Crime All the Time Unsolved. Episode 75, "The Pike County Murders."

My apologies.

Last edited:
Hey, if any of you all are interested, there's a recent podcast about the Rhoden murders by Unsolved Murders: True Crime Stories Podcast. It was a little frustrating to hear the host make some mistakes about the case, but it was nice to get to hear someone discussing it!
I found the site but don't see the Rhoden/HHG podcast. I must be looking in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member