Germany Germany - Katrice Lee, 2, Schloss Neuhaus, Paderborn, 28 Nov 1981

I remember reading that the defense secretary had promised Katrice's father he would have her case reviewed. Perhaps they have been told to investigate the case and in the absence of other things to do, they decided to excavate the river bank. It might not be specific information.

Katrice's father and his other daughter have been very active all those years asking and pushing for anything to be done in her case. He has met many politicians, done numerous interviews, petitions etc.

He and his daughter have FB group for missing Katrice and are quite active there too, regularly updating about all the things https://www.facebook.com/groups/MissingKatriceLee/

I am quite happy that finally something is being done for them and Katrice, even though I don't think anything will be found in that ground search. But huge publicity, first time since this case happened is very good as it might bring finally some really valid leads.

The search for missing toddler Katrice Lee took a dramatic turn tonight as it was revealed the name of a potential suspect has been handed to police.

The informant said he had served in the RAF with the man he identified from a Royal Military Police photo-fit.

The suspect was seen putting a child similar to Katrice into a green saloon car when she vanished from a supermarket in Germany in November 1981 on her second birthday.

After talking to police, he told the Mirror: “I trained for the RAF with a guy who looks exactly like the picture of the man with the green car.

“We went our separate ways in 1980 and I don’t know where he was posted to but the police seemed interested in what I had to say.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/name-potential-suspect-search-missing-12520097

I really hope this leads to something.

Woman charged with impersonating girl who went missing in 1981

A woman will appear in court charged with impersonating someone who has not been seen since she vanished in 1981 when she was a toddler.

Katrice Lee disappeared on her second birthday while she was on a shopping trip with her family at a NAAFI store near the British Army base in Paderborn, Germany, where her father Richard was serving.

Mr Lee, from Hartlepool, said someone had been impersonating his daughter on social media and a woman will appear in court.

[...]

Merseyside Police said 40-year-old Heidi Robinson, from East Way, Moreton, Wirral, will appear before Wirral Magistrates charged with a malicious communications offence.

The force said: “Robinson will next appear at Wirral Magistrates Court on Wednesday 1 May.”

[...]

Missing Katrice Lee: Court case adjourned for woman accused of sending 'malicious' messages

Heidi Robinson, 40, from Moreton, Wirral, is charged with a malicious communications offence relating to alleged social media posts.

She was due to appear at Wirral Magistrates' Court today but the case has been adjourned until May 14.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said in March: "We can confirm that a Wirral woman has been charged with malicious communications in relation to an ongoing investigation.

"40-year-old Heidi Robinson from East Way in Moreton was charged with 'Send by public communication network an offensive / indecent / obscene / menacing message / matter'."

Missing Katrice Lee: Court case adjourned for woman accused of sending 'malicious' messages

A person has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a British toddler who vanished in Germany in 1981.

Katrice Lee, from Hartlepool, disappeared from a supermarket near a British military base in Paderborn on her second birthday.

She was out shopping with her mother Sharon at the Naafi store, near to where her father Richard, a soldier, was stationed.

Military police reportedly began searching a terraced house in the Moredon area of Swindon on Monday.

An Army spokesman refused to give the gender or age of the arrested person, nor what they had been arrested on suspicion of.

Arrest is made over the disappearance of British toddler Katrice Lee | Daily Mail Online

I feel sick to my stomach waiting to find out now. I lived in Germany for almost 9 years and every time we past the old, closed Schloss Neuhaus NAAFI to go the the NAAFI in Paderborn several times a week, I always said 'This is where Katrice disappeared'.

1981 or 2019 - The NAAFI shops are not overcrowded, full of strangers, noisy places; NAAFI is a huge part of our Armed Forces community and it would be rare to not bump into at least 1 person you know, even if you're the only people in the shop. Staff included.

There is absolutely no way a toddler could be removed from that shop with a fuss from her, she went quietly and unnoticed. And absolutely no way on her own, somebody would have noticed a toddler either leaving the huge amount of ground she'd have to to drown in a river or a toddler kicking and screaming being taken away.

I'm quite close to Swindon nowadays, strangly

Absolutely aching for Katrice and her family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back