CANADA - 3 dead including gunman, 12 injured in Greektown shooting, Toronto, July 2018

MSM is now showing the suspected shooter video. CP24.
Thanks. I first saw it on either Global or City or CTV (I was flipping through the channels), but since I didn't have a link I wasn't sure it would be okay to link.

Does it look like the shooter has a weird gait? I can't tell if it's his stride and he's hopped up on adrenaline (or other) or if he has a limp.

I’m not sure. His right foot looks slightly turned out, but maybe because he was planning to go on that direction?

My initial thought was “purpose”. He was walking with determination.

Oops, sorry @bluesneakers. I meant to quote you, but didn’t. Because newb.

One victim dead after 14 people shot on the Danforth; Police say suspected shooter dead
"Toronto police said a total of 14 victims were shot, including a young woman who died and a young girl who is in critical condition in hospital.

Police said the suspected shooter is dead and is not included in the tally of those shot.

The motive for the shooting is not yet clear."
"Police are appealing to all witnesses who were in the area to come forward. Investigators on scene said buses were waiting at Pape and Danforth avenues to transport witnesses to be interviewed."

Live updates from CBC News: Police are appealing to the public for information.

Live blog from CBC News Interactive: In a CBC News exclusive video, a witness captures man, believed to be the gunman, fire several shots into a Greektown eatery.

Montreal Gazette: (Story posted several minutes ago.) Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders will update media on Logan Av south of Danforth Av at 12:30am Monday July23/2018 re: 9 victims shot and shooter dead (I assume this time is local?)

Toronto Shooter: Instagram Video Reportedly Shows Gunman | Heavy.com

Toronto’s Greektown on the Danforth’s website describes it as “the largest Greek neighbourhood in North America and one of the most cosmopolitan areas of Toronto. Visit our part of town and experience a neighbourhood alive with interesting restaurants, boutiques, shops, markets, cafes, and a host of wonderful experiences.”

Last edited:
Thanks. I first saw it on either Global or City or CTV (I was flipping through the channels), but since I didn't have a link I wasn't sure it would be okay to link.

Does it look like the shooter has a weird gait? I can't tell if it's his stride and he's hopped up on adrenaline (or other) or if he has a limp.
Almost looks as if something is dangling around his ankles/feet, reminded of too long, flared pants that are wet at the hemline.imo

From Heavy: Toronto Shooter: Instagram Video Reportedly Shows Gunman | Heavy.com

Toronto’s Greektown on the Danforth’s website describes it as “the largest Greek neighbourhood in North America and one of the most cosmopolitan areas of Toronto. Visit our part of town and experience a neighbourhood alive with interesting restaurants, boutiques, shops, markets, cafes, and a host of wonderful experiences.”
And:
Krinos Taste of the Danforth
The Krinos Taste of the Danforth is one of Toronto’s signature events, showcasing the best our multicultural city has to offer – from mezes to dim sum, from world folk music to children’s games – but with a very special emphasis on the Hellenic food and culture that make GreekTown a year-round destination.
Come join us as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of Canada’s largest street Festival, welcoming approximately 1.6 million attendees, on Friday, August 10th to Sunday, August 12th.
Taste of the Danforth -

Video at link.
Toronto shooting video shows alleged Danforth Avenue shooter pulling gun and shots heard
"Video posted to social media on Sunday shows the man believed to be responsible for the shooting in Toronto's Danforth area which left multiple people injured. A warning, the video contains disturbing images."

"The video came amid news of a shooting in the city’s Greektown neighbourhood that left a young woman and the alleged gunman dead, and 14 injured including a nine-year-old girl in critical condition.

Toronto police confirmed that a handgun was used in the shooting, but there’s no certainty about the suspect’s motive."
"The video is likely to form an important part of the police investigation."
rbbm.

Video at link.
Toronto shooting video shows alleged Danforth Avenue shooter pulling gun and shots heard
"Video posted to social media on Sunday shows the man believed to be responsible for the shooting in Toronto's Danforth area which left multiple people injured. A warning, the video contains disturbing images."

"The video came amid news of a shooting in the city’s Greektown neighbourhood that left a young woman and the alleged gunman dead, and 14 injured including a nine-year-old girl in critical condition.

Toronto police confirmed that a handgun was used in the shooting, but there’s no certainty about the suspect’s motive."
"The video is likely to form an important part of the police investigation."
rbbm.

Does this video seem odd to anyone else? At first I thought it was just a video from surveillance outside of a building. Now it looks like someone is filming him. What are the odds someone would just happen to be filming? Maybe there were shots fired prior to this footage and the photographer grabbed his/her phone and put it out the window. ??

One victim dead after 14 people shot on the Danforth; Police say suspected shooter dead
"Saunders said it took police some time to contain the scene because of the size of the area affected.

“I can tell you there was an exchange of gunfire,” Saunders said. “I’m glad that my officers are safe and I’m glad that it is resolved."

"Police also detonated a suspicious device found at the scene, but have not said what it was or what it was thought to be. "

"Another man told CP24 that he was standing 10 to 15 feet away from the alleged gunman when he got a look at him.

“He looked around 35, long hair, black hat. He had a dark shirt with long sleeves rolled up and black pants,” the man said. He was skinny, but he had this horrible look in his face, like he was under the influence or something.

rbbm.

Does this video seem odd to anyone else? At first I thought it was just a video from surveillance outside of a building. Now it looks like someone is filming him. What are the odds someone would just happen to be filming? Maybe there were shots fired prior to this footage and the photographer grabbed his/her phone and put it out the window. ??

I believe they had heard something (probably shots) before. She asks "is it from that car?" before they apparently spot the shooter.

imo

Since about 75% of people have smartphones capable of taking and uploading video, I'd say the odds are very high.

Is the video you are talking about in terms of his gait the one with like 2 seconds or are you referring to another angle

Might be me - know nothing about guns nor care to - but what I got most out of the two seconds one was he seemed super agile familiar with shooting.

Military or cop?

my logic here is that our friends to north are sane as far as guns go so it would seem more like a speciality if you will, to appear so skilled.

His movement and feet placement , raising the gun up , holding it aim etc looked almost James Bond

His stance is what struck me the most like sharp shooter eeeeeee if that makes sense?

a hate crime??

Second victim injured in mass shooting on the Danforth dies
"A second victim injured in a mass shooting on the Danforth on Sunday night has died, Toronto police confirm.

The name and age of the victim, who was one of 14 people shot when a gunman opened fire in the heart of Greektown last night, has not been released."
"The suspect, the SIU said, fled the area and was later found dead on Danforth Avenue.

The man’s name has not been released but the Special Investigations Unit, which is currently probing the circumstances surrounding the incident, confirmed that the suspect is 29 years old."
"Toronto police confirmed that 14 people were shot, including one female who was pronounced dead at the scene and a child, who was rushed to hospital with critical injuries".

What we know about the suspect in Toronto Danforth mass shooting

A 29-year-old man opened fire with a handgun in Toronto’s busy Greektown neighbourhood Sunday night, according to Ontario’s police watchdog, leaving at least two dead, and injuring 12 others, including a nine-year-old girl.
Toronto police located and exchanged gunfire with the suspect, according to the SIU. The man fled the area but was found dead in a nearby alley. It remains unclear if he died by suicide or was killed by police.

MASS SHOOTING ON DANFORTH: Two killed, dozen wounded, gunman dead
dixcczgvsaamh1x.jpg

"Toronto Police sources tell the Sun a nine-year-old girl was shot in the back".
"The 19-year-old said the shooter stood outside on the sidewalk, but didn’t appear to be using a rifle. She said it looked like he was specifically aiming directly into the restaurant.

“It was like he was in a stance, his arms were straight out,” she said.

“It looked like he was firing straight in front of him. It looked very aimed"
rbbm.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member