Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secret!

* Optus has a new tool that can pinpoint exact location and help track location.
* Cor Mo geolocation can detect activity even when the phone is deactivated from the network.
* It was once that phones could only be tracked when on.

Category: | Herald Sun
Ristevski latest: Borce and Karen’s phones ‘deactivated’ on day she went missing

BORCE AND KAREN’S PHONES ‘DEACTIVATED’ ON DAY SHE WENT
A NEW tool used by Optus that can pinpoint the exact ­location of a phone helped track the last activity of slain mum Karen Ristevski’s mobile phone, which was “deactivated” the day she went missing, a court has heard.

Heraldsun.com.au | Subscribe to the Herald Sun for exclusive stories

Yes, this is possible here in Australia, but it only applies in real time. If your phone is switched on now, then people using portable equipment can triangulate your location very precisely in real time.

Without the portable equipment they can still get a real-time accurate fix on a phone by instructing the network to transfer the handset to several local phone towers. By measuring the signal strength of that phone at each phone tower, a location to within a street block can typically be inferred.

When trying to locate a cellphone after the fact, these techniques do not apply & we are left with “the phone was within 20km of suburban towers it pinged & within 35-50km of rural towers it pinged”.

Shopping, recently, I received a phone message, asking if "I enjoyed my experience at a large store I visited''!!!
I certainly was not using my phone.
Big brother everywhere.

???

So he has help desposing of Karen. .... then heads back with his helper to ?? Hoppers Crossing... where his phone pings off the Lara tower..

The defence have done a great job ..... at opening up.... the potential for an accessory after the fact..
Also the focus has been on the missing 100 minutes when phone was switched off. Or what happened after SR left home.
Borce was on his own till 6pm.
Have we been told of his driving movements after 1pm . Has the car or his car been captured on cctv at any other location.

And...
What if BR contacted someone for help that morning and told this other person to meet them on the way to save time, to not look suspicious and met up at an area familiar to both (this is where I’m thinking why BR drove close to ARs home) it was a spot he could easily identify to meet at and then drive off together to dispose the body. This scenario is to tie in with the theory that there was possibly a 4wd following the Merc.

Yes Mr Prypoten the technician. Optus has recently bought Cov Mo.
* Karen phone recieved a call at 1:19pm.
* A voice call attempt was recorded in the Sunbury - Diggers Rest area.

Ristevski latest: Borce and Karen’s phones ‘deactivated’ on day she went missing

Hi soso, Can you quote from that article, or is it not permitted?

Hey Fluffy,
Several years ago I had to attend court and the Barrister told me not to look at the accused but only to the lawyers or the Judge.
Oh okay TGY, I didn't know that. It just struck me it would be really strange to be in court with someone you loved and not at least make eye contact with them.

Also the focus has been on the missing 100 minutes when phone was switched off. Or what happened after SR left home.
Borce was on his own till 6pm.
Have we been told of his driving movements after 1pm . Has the car or his car been captured on cctv at any other location.

And...
What if BR contacted someone for help that morning and told this other person to meet them on the way to save time, to not look suspicious and met up at an area familiar to both (this is where I’m thinking why BR drove close to ARs home) it was a spot he could easily identify to meet at and then drive off together to dispose the body. This scenario is to tie in with the theory that there was possibly a 4wd following the Merc.

Moreinfo, I liked the last paragraph.
Now I am on another tangent, thinking about this.
Possibly a cryptic phone call initially, so could be explained later.
Hope Police have other phone pings, of ??? those that may be involved.:D

Adding to the timeline

Timeline

8:15 am - Sarah left for work. Karen in her pj's.
8:57 am - Karen's last log in.
8:58 am -
9:18 am - Karen's phone pinged cellular towerMaidstone
10:43am - Pings Keilor East tower
? 11:09am - Borce Ristevski's phone switched off
11: 40 am - Karens Phone pings Gisborne
? 11:19 am - Borces phone deactivated.
11: 12 am - Merc captured on cctv at Diggers Rest.
11: 40 am - Last known connection of Karen Ristevski's phone
Midday approx - Merc seen at Mt Maecdon facing wrong way. A 4WD parked behind
12:51pm - Borce phone reconnected to the network.
1:03pm - Borce Ristevski returns home
1:19pm - Sunbury/Diggers Rest area - Voice call attempt made and recorded by network to Karen's phone
1:20 pm - Store employee calls Borce to say Karen has not turned up for work
???? - Borce went out in the afternoon - uber driving but app would not work.

6:00 to 6:30 pm - Sarah arrives home from work. (depending on what article)
???? - Left for planned dinner.

7 :30pm - Borce, Sarah and boyfriend arrived home from planned dinner.
???? pm - Borce drove Sarah's boyfriend home.
???? pm - Borce returned home.

30th June
5:30 am - Sarah got out of bed. Called Karen again.
She checked Karen's Whatsapps log in time. It had not changed and remained at 8:57 am 29th June.

10:00pm ish _ Borce called Karen phone for the first time.

Ristevski withheld evidence he drove wife's car on the day she vanished: court
Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears
Inside the Ristevski home in the hours after Karen disappeared
Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals

Adding to the timeline

Timeline

8:15 am - Sarah left for work. Karen in her pj's.
8:57 am - Karen's last log in.
8:58 am -
9:18 am - Karen's phone pinged cellular towerMaidstone
10:43am - Pings Keilor East tower
? 11:09am - Borce Ristevski's phone switched off
11: 40 am - Karens Phone pings Gisborne
? 11:19 am - Borces phone deactivated.
11: 12 am - Merc captured on cctv at Diggers Rest.
11: 40 am - Last known connection of Karen Ristevski's phone
Midday approx - Merc seen at Mt Maecdon facing wrong way. A 4WD parked behind
12:51pm - Borce phone reconnected to the network.
1:03pm - Borce Ristevski returns home
1:19pm - Sunbury/Diggers Rest area - Voice call attempt made and recorded by network to Karen's phone
1:20 pm - Store employee calls Borce to say Karen has not turned up for work
???? - Borce went out in the afternoon - uber driving but app would not work.

6:00 to 6:30 pm - Sarah arrives home from work. (depending on what article)
???? - Left for planned dinner.

7 :30pm - Borce, Sarah and boyfriend arrived home from planned dinner.
???? pm - Borce drove Sarah's boyfriend home.
???? pm - Borce returned home.

30th June
5:30 am - Sarah got out of bed. Called Karen again.
She checked Karen's Whatsapps log in time. It had not changed and remained at 8:57 am 29th June.

10:00pm ish _ Borce called Karen phone for the first time.

Ristevski withheld evidence he drove wife's car on the day she vanished: court
Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears
Inside the Ristevski home in the hours after Karen disappeared
Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals

Do we know if Sarah was ringing her Mum on 29 June?
Has Sarah stated this?
Do we have that info?
But one can always ring ie BR, SR as if they 'don't know' what happened, just to have a record of these phone calls.

Shopping, recently, I received a phone message, asking if "I enjoyed my experience at a large store I visited''!!!
Big brother everywhere.

Big brother certainly is everywhere. That said, I know a fair bit about this stuff.

You didn’t use your phone at that large store, but are you on a loyalty program or similar with them? That would explain an SMS after a purchase.

Shopping centres stand to gain a lot of valuable data by monitoring customers & it has been a big thing since at least 2013 : Use of phone-tracking technology in shopping centres set to increase - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

If you have no loyalty program with that large store, my next question would be whether you’ve ever used free Wifi at that shopping centre? There’s an easy explanation for this.

Privacy these days is almost non-existent, as I’m sure you & most other members here know.

Another way they could be tracked is via facebook. If you go into your privacy settings it will show you where you are currently (and previously) logged in from. Its quite a long log, it shows any device loggdd into your account. This accurately shows the suburb you're in. I got busted in an exes account once because of this

Big brother certainly is everywhere. That said, I know a fair bit about this stuff.

You didn’t use your phone at that large store, but are you on a loyalty program or similar with them? That would explain an SMS after a purchase.

Shopping centres stand to gain a lot of valuable data by monitoring customers & it has been a big thing since at least 2013 : Use of phone-tracking technology in shopping centres set to increase - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

If you have no loyalty program with that large store, my next question would be whether you’ve ever used free Wifi at that shopping centre? There’s an easy explanation for this.

Privacy these days is almost non-existent, as I’m sure you & most other members here know.

Years ago, I did have a card from that store, a 'rewards' thing, that I have never used.
May explain my message.

Maybe Sarah said I am her only child.
She is Karen's only child.

This came out in a press conference, she did call herself an only child, but I don’t read much into that mistake, it was very shortly after her mother disappeared - to make a semantic error under those circumstances is understandable IMO.

I get an sms and and/or email after I do a click n collect from Target and also after shopping at Woolworths online. The Target ones want you to review what you bought.
And my bank. I think that was the first one I got, and it freaked me out a bit.

Big brother everywhere.

Years ago, I did have a card from that store, a 'rewards' thing, that I have never used.
May explain my message.

That would explain it. If you’re curious enough to want to find out for sure, you’re well within your rights to contact the store & ask how/why that message arose.

The bottom line will be you provided your mobile number to them & agreed to them using it to contact you in the future (likely buried deep within some lengthy terms and conditions). I’m sure if you make a purchase at that shop whilst leaving your mobile phone at home, you’ll still get a text message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288