CANADA - 3 dead including gunman, 12 injured in Greektown shooting, Toronto, July 2018

Oh no. Terrible news to hear.

Hope nobody else ends up dying.
Kudos to LE for helping stop the shooter.

I dont think we know yet what the motive was but wasnt there a terror alert just last week or so about a possible terror incident that LE was worried about? Wonderland or something?

Could this possibly be related to that alert?

Internal police memo warned of potential 'vehicle ramming' attack near CN Tower - CityNews Toronto
Had just been wondering about the same thing, now this horror 10 days later.!
Canada - Toronto LE beef up patrols after receiving'unconfirmed' info.12 July 2018
Ws thread.

Officers from the city's special investigations unit believe he was 29 years old.

Shortly after the shooting, Police Chief Mark Saunders said it was not random and he did not rule out terrorism as a motive.

Toronto councillor Paula Fletcher said the gunman was "disturbed" and the shooting was not gang related.

Toronto shooting toll rises as second victim dies

^^^
Of course he was disturbed, not rocket science.
How does she know?

Is the video you are talking about in terms of his gait the one with like 2 seconds or are you referring to another angle

Might be me - know nothing about guns nor care to - but what I got most out of the two seconds one was he seemed super agile familiar with shooting.

Military or cop?

my logic here is that our friends to north are sane as far as guns go so it would seem more like a speciality if you will, to appear so skilled.

His movement and feet placement , raising the gun up , holding it aim etc looked almost James Bond

His stance is what struck me the most like sharp shooter eeeeeee if that makes sense?

a hate crime??
Maybe he's American.

(Which would give an interesting twist to how people are jumping on this being an immigration issue.)

Last edited:
Does this video seem odd to anyone else? At first I thought it was just a video from surveillance outside of a building. Now it looks like someone is filming him. What are the odds someone would just happen to be filming? Maybe there were shots fired prior to this footage and the photographer grabbed his/her phone and put it out the window. ??

bbm

Pretty high, imo. If someone’s behaving strangely and there’s a loud noise or whatever, it’ll be caught on video. Think of the Paris attacks (Bataclan) and following manhunt, Vegas, Boston, Parkland ...

On second thought, I just gave myself a headache. :(

Officers from the city's special investigations unit believe he was 29 years old.

Shortly after the shooting, Police Chief Mark Saunders said it was not random and he did not rule out terrorism as a motive.

Toronto councillor Paula Fletcher said the gunman was "disturbed" and the shooting was not gang related.

Toronto shooting toll rises as second victim dies

^^^
Of course he was disturbed, not rocket science.
How does she know?

bbm

Most police departments and investigative units keep a database of some kind, formal or informal, to track known gang activity. They also have gang task forces, etc.

Last edited:
  • Jul 23 2018 11:36 AM
    In terms of the next updates we're getting, Toronto Police will speak at 12:15 p.m. ET, while the SIU will hold a press conference at 12:45 p.m. ET.
    Adam Carter
    0f02d2c9-ff9d-488d-8144-ea60d1142192.jpg

• Jul 23 2018 11:34 AM
    An update from acting medical director of trauma at St. Michael's hospital, Dr. Najma Ahmed: There are five patients at the hospital, and three of those underwent "immediate lifesaving surgery" after last night's shooting. All five patients are in serious and critical condition, she says. Ahmed said she could not answer other questions.
Toronto's Greektown shooting: Latest updates on the aftermath | CBC News

16 people shot.
2 dead.
13 in hospital.
Suspect dead by gunshot wound, Saunders hasn't said by self or by LE.

They know who the shooter was and they're securing a warrant to search his residence.

And they are begging for witnesses to come forward.

eta: SIU says the shooter is from Toronto.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck