MO - Duck boat carrying 31 tourists capsizes, killing 17, near Branson, July 2018

Nobody was wearing life jackets that was filmed. Not even the littl kids. You can tell the captain was nervous.

That is the correct thing to do. Same in a airplane. Never inflate or in this instance place on your lift jacket on YOU until out of whatever you are in is going down .

They lift you up the aircraft or boat is going down they end up trapping you (in this case on the canopy in the case of an aircraft the roof of the cabin)

Am serious if you are in airplane going down and someone inflates it inside the cabin you would be doing said person quite a favor by ripping it off him her and other passengers they can impede escape of others

It was msnbc a couple of days the captain , when he realized it was over did unlatch or however the canopy is attached. It will be a year or so but i would bet when get where folks were sitting we will find that more were from the front that got out -- where he unlatched it

if posted sorry

they are do the retraction of the vehicle live here -- caution it is not a fast moving entity!

Last edited:
They are so ugly yuk

I noticed that the extractor was rated for 30 tons

it is still registered to the dept of transportation - that is strange no

The little tow boat is kinda cute

Last edited:
All of those life vests still strapped in the top. So disturbing.

It looks like the canopy is split wide open. It makes you wonder if they had had their life jackets on if they would’ve floated right up and out through the top?

JMO

Last edited:
The duck boat company who owned the craft which sank last week killing 17 people were warned about design flaws over a year before the tragic accident.

Steve Paul, owner of the Test Drive Technologies inspection service, said he issued a written report for the company in August 2017 explaining the engine and drainage pumps could fail in inclement weather.

Paul also claimed he told the company the boat's canopy made it difficult to escape if it were to capsize.

Duck boat company was warned about design flaws last year | Daily Mail Online

Could the boat company owner face charges gitana1?

that was for the previous owner the folks that own it now bought the stuff 6 months ago

somewhat baffled by the windshield being busted out water takes the easiest way out it had all windows and the roof to escape?

Divers just coming out of the water minutes ago. Don't know what it means but the blue floating things are not there anymore. It is interesting to watch how the retrieval team works to do this. Just looking at the water ripples I believe they have finished hooking up the cables and it's coming up now. How sad to see all those life jackets not used on top of the canopy roof. I don't know if anyone else saw it but I saw a drone hovering over the scene down low.

ETA

I too find it interesting. and amazing . Go on you tube and see how they rereil trains - its incredible . There was one of the Asiana Air 757 in San Fran as well (time lapse )

really good video here

A closer look at duck boats

All of those life vests still strapped in the top. So disturbing.

It looks like the canopy is split wide open. I makes you wonder if they had had their life jackets on if they would’ve floated right up and out of the top?

JMO

the way you worded this answered my earlier question re windwheild

I think both the canopy windshield and side plastic would all blow out after it was totally submerged and on its way down to the bottom - so I think it would be too late at that point .

I also did not realize that passengers on the large boat saw the deceased floating around their boat -- from high up -- traumatic

(snipped for space)

I'm confused. Do you mean there is video from the sunken duck boat?

no it was the divers who noticed that it had rolled when it finally hit the bottom of the lake

no it was the divers who noticed that it had rolled when it finally hit the bottom of the lake

Thanks for explaining. It would be even more horrible if there was video.

In the one Kansas City Star article (posted upthread) a young girl who survived said the captain was freaking out. At the very last minute before capsizing, he reached up and unhooked the canopy. I wonder why when the captain and driver saw the engine compartment in the front taking on water, did they not announce for the passengers to get their life jackets on? This teenage girl, (Gillian I believe), said she tried to get to her life jacket but it was too high over her head and she couldn't reach it.

EXCLUSIVE: Pictured, the captain of the duck boat which sank in Missouri lake killing 17 and whose actions will now be focus of Coast Guard probe

Attachments

• EC56AF99-EAA0-434E-B9B4-21DB3BC4B95D.jpeg
    EC56AF99-EAA0-434E-B9B4-21DB3BC4B95D.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 14
warning rough to watch

kinda angry obviously boat this was shot from was much bigger it could have gotten in front of the little one resulting in much calmer water for the little one just sailing along like that

this is triggering bad stuff

years and years ago we were on a private deal down the intercoastal for my uncles birthday

my little sister and i were chatting (both of us were flirty and when out would try to guess if a cute guy was gay or hetero and would flirt!) there was a cute guy on a ski jet right next to us

he was cute!!!!!

then he sped off and slammed into a boey

we ran all over trying to find the bridge on the thing finally did and hysterically told the captain what had happened and were screaming at him to turn around and he could care less doing all this we are too big to turn around at the location we were at he could care less

OR for my sister and I it was to the captain he is right back there ( we certainly were not on a speedboat -- we were slow moving) just put her in reverse slowly we can all go on the back and make sure we don't hit him ( it was nighttime - it was big cruiser for private parties i am sure they had plenty of lights and all the lights on ours could have been turned up )

jet ski was going fast at impact it was horrid to do this day have no idea what happened this was way before internet

it was a very very upsetting for my sister and I and after we left the bridge it was like no one in our family cared either it was messed up god forbid miss the lobster

it was all this crap We are sure the coast guard is on its way

it was not like the rest of the people celebrating his birthday did not believe us it was like it will be taken care we are continuing with the birthday celebration

was so pissed at each and every one of them

screw the lobster and all the other la de da stuff ugh
OMG how horrific! Why did they go out with forecasted storms and I’m sure lake wind advisories. They have these duck boat things in Hot Springs and one sunk a few years ago, a lot of people drowned. Couldn’t make me get on one . A senseless tragedy :cry:

The duck boat company who owned the craft which sank last week killing 17 people were warned about design flaws over a year before the tragic accident.

Steve Paul, owner of the Test Drive Technologies inspection service, said he issued a written report for the company in August 2017 explaining the engine and drainage pumps could fail in inclement weather.

Paul also claimed he told the company the boat's canopy made it difficult to escape if it were to capsize.

Duck boat company was warned about design flaws last year | Daily Mail Online

Could the boat company owner face charges gitana1?

Whoever made the decision to launch or authorized the launch and whoever made company policies allowing launching in bad weather, if that's the case, could face criminal charges.

2013 Missouri Revised Statutes :: TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS :: Chapter 562 General Principles of Liability :: Section 562.016 Culpable mental state.

That is the correct thing to do. Same in a airplane. Never inflate or in this instance place on your lift jacket on YOU until out of whatever you are in is going down .

They lift you up the aircraft or boat is going down they end up trapping you (in this case on the canopy in the case of an aircraft the roof of the cabin)

Am serious if you are in airplane going down and someone inflates it inside the cabin you would be doing said person quite a favor by ripping it off him her and other passengers they can impede escape of others

It was msnbc a couple of days the captain , when he realized it was over did unlatch or however the canopy is attached. It will be a year or so but i would bet when get where folks were sitting we will find that more were from the front that got out -- where he unlatched it

if posted sorry

they are do the retraction of the vehicle live here -- caution it is not a fast moving entity!

I get your point. But how do you put life jackets on all your kids once out of the plane or boat and in the water?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back