MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Chambers used to refer to Quinton Tellis as “Eric.”
Sorry haven't read the thread so sure it has been mentioned by others, but if I had been on the jury not sure I could have convicted him. I just couldn't get past the name Eric, too many witnesses testified to hearing her say it.

I’m curious as to where this trial will be held...and where the jurors will come from. I sure hope they are given a basic vocabulary test as in “what does unanimous mean”?
:D oh yeah, I'd forgotten that part o_O

Sounds like "Eric" could be one of QVT's street names?

quote:
Champion testified he did meet with Caudle after another inmate, Kenneth Vogt, told his attorney Jeff Odom that Caudle had said Tellis had told him Chambers' nickname for Tellis was "Eric."

source:
Judge nixes defense motions in Jessica Chambers case, trial to continue as scheduled
Therese Apel, Mississippi Clarion Ledger
Published 1:04 p.m. CT July 9, 2018
Updated 4:53 p.m. CT July 9, 2018

Last edited:
Strange - I just looked in Panola County court site, and they do not have Tellis in there....
dont-no-smiley.gif

"Prosecutors said Monday that a witness has been found who allegedly gave Tellis a ride from an area close to where Chambers' car keys were found to Tellis' sister's home. Three additional witnesses connected to that information will also be introduced in the Tellis' retrial, officials said."

I had always been curious about QT leaving there and going to get the gas and then back again - seemed like too much time wasted. I wonder if he was hitch hiking or if this witness knew him. Where was this witness before?!

District Attorney John Champion hearing in Jessica Chambers murder trial (video clip)

"The defense alleged that DA John Champion attempted to coerce an inmate into testifying against Quinton Tellis. Josh Stawn, WREG"

District Attorney John Champion hearing in Jessica Chambers murder trial
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAT has another Ytube on the hearing with the same date:

Jessica Chambers Hearing

Jul 9, 2018

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge Finds D.A. Did Not Commit Misconduct In Jessica Chambers Murder Case

Jul 10, 2018

"SARDIS, Miss. (localmemphis.com) - A Panola County, Mississippi judge ruled Monday District Attorney John Champion will remain on the Jessica Chambers murder retrial set for September...."

Judge Finds D.A. Did Not Commit Misconduct In Jessica Chambers Murder Case
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The basis of the motion and supporting affidavit is that Champion allegedly tried to pressure another client of Palmer’s, Jalen Asir Matthews Caudle, charged with capital murder, to testify that Jessica Chambers used to refer to Quinton Tellis as “Eric.”
Whatever would have been the reason Miss Jessica called Quinton "Eric"?

Prosecution must have less than nothing. They can't even frame Tellis correctly.

I have a friend & when we first met he said his name was Archie. After a few years we found out his real name was David. He was going incognito in the bar! LOL! But to this day I call him Archie.
Maybe that's the same with how Quentin introduced himself as Eric to Jessica? Maybe?

Wondering if he has any court hearings before trial? Anyone who can get into Panola County court site, please post if there are any dates.

TIA!

edited to add: forgot I had access! :rolleyes: But he's not there.... anyone know "where" he is - county?

And has anyone noticed? We have a "Delete" button!!

Wondering if he has any court hearings before trial? Anyone who can get into Panola County court site, please post if there are any dates.

TIA!

edited to add: forgot I had access! :rolleyes: But he's not there.... anyone know "where" he is - county?

And has anyone noticed? We have a "Delete" button!!
Niner, QT is currently at the Mississippi State Penitentiary.
Mississippi Department of Corrections

Tellis is incarcerated at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman serving a five-year sentence for burglary larceny-unoccupied dwelling, according to Mississippi Department of Corrections records.

Quinton Tellis facing September retrial for the burning death of Jessica Chambers

I just caught up with reading our little WS case file vol. 1-3 and we have some real smarties around here for sure. I will be interested to see in the forthcoming courtroom battle any time the defense might spend on whether this was a crime or whether it was self-inflicted. (Most here rightly reject that as it seems so unlikely a way to suicide, though cases were cited where that proved to be exactly what happened.)

Niner, QT is currently at the Mississippi State Penitentiary.
Mississippi Department of Corrections

Tellis is incarcerated at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman serving a five-year sentence for burglary larceny-unoccupied dwelling, according to Mississippi Department of Corrections records.

Quinton Tellis facing September retrial for the burning death of Jessica Chambers

Well that's strange - I just tried finding him in the Mississippi link to Corrections, and it says No Results??

and the other link is down for maintenance! Today is not my day for court sites! :(

Breaking News in my neighborhood...

Police investigating after 2 bodies found in burned vehicle in Socastee

July 27, 2018 09:47 AM

Horry County police are actively investigating after two bodies were found in a burned vehicle Friday morning, according to Capt. John Harrelson with the police department.

Harrelson said the bodies were found off Butler Road near Enterprise Road in the Socastee area.

Read more here: Police investigating after 2 bodies found in burned vehicle in Socastee

WS Thread:
SC - Police investigating after 2 bodies found in burned vehicle in Socastee - July 27 2018

I just caught up with reading our little WS case file vol. 1-3 and we have some real smarties around here for sure. I will be interested to see in the forthcoming courtroom battle any time the defense might spend on whether this was a crime or whether it was self-inflicted. (Most here rightly reject that as it seems so unlikely a way to suicide, though cases were cited where that proved to be exactly what happened.)
I remember those posts well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member