Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally, I do not think she is Anita Qvist, Anita was obviously a true blond. EDJD was more of a natural strawberry blond, as evidenced in her autopsy/morgue photos. I will be surprised if she ends up being Anita,
who I sadly surmise has been deceased for many years.

EDJD's Doenetwork page says her natural hair color was brown and frosted. 81UFAR

We don't know whether Anita's was colored or not. I'm not sure I'd call it blonde anyway, more of a light golden brown. Also, blonde hair often darkens with age, so it's hard to guess from a high school picture what it might have looked like by her late 20's.

EDJD's updated Namus: Unidentified Person Case

A special post from DNA Doe Project's Facebook page:

"Hi Five to Officer Stephanie Bourgeois of the Apache Junction Police Department who is one of 16 finalists for a private grant* of $5k to help fund DNA Doe Project cases. You guys may know Stephanie as the officer who is working with her agency to get Apache Junction Jane Doe into our DNA Doe Project. The grant will be awarded based on votes from the public. Anyone can vote once a day until July 27. So please go to

Why We Serve 2018 | Aftermath Services

and VOTE. A vote for Stephanie is a vote for the DNA Doe Project!

*Our support of Officer Bourgeois for this award does not imply endorsement of Aftermath, its products, or its services."

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to 'submit.' And remember you can 'vote' every day until the 27th, I personally have bookmarked the page so I remember!

Per comments on DDP FB, EDJD's DNA was requested however it seems as thou LE has not released it.

Any one know what is going on with release ?

DDP

Soooo many of you have asked about El Dorado Jane Doe. We were in contact with the agency in early June and offered to fund her. They were checking on available DNA. That's where things stand. If they can get us DNA and it passes QC we will put a button up for her immediately. Thanks all of you who care so deeply for her.

DDP

Soooo many of you have asked about El Dorado Jane Doe. We were in contact with the agency in early June and offered to fund her. They were checking on available DNA. That's where things stand. If they can get us DNA and it passes QC we will put a button up for her immediately. Thanks all of you who care so deeply for her.

Thanks all of you who care so deeply for her.[/QUOTE]

This was already posted here on Sunday. Good for more people to see it though :)

It doesn't seem to be anything sinister about LE not having released it yet. It could take them many months to locate the samples and determine if there's anything usable.

No not all ... I did not understand what the hold was with LE and asked if anyone knew the back story as that I had not been over here in a while. I do know the detective in her case was a huge advocate in wanting her identified.

My post was side track into something else for whatever the reason...

No not all ... I did not understand what the hold was with LE and asked if anyone knew the back story as that I know the detective in her case was a huge advocate in wanting her identified.

My post was side track into something else ....

Ooops, I was thinking of Mt. Vernon Jane, where there are turf issues and other problems even though the main detective is devoted to her case.

I follow too many cases, I think...but I want to solve them all!

Ooops, I was thinking of Mt. Vernon Jane, where there are turf issues and other problems even though the main detective is devoted to her case.

I follow too many cases, I think...but I want to solve them all!

Totally with you .... have mixed up UID's esp when their within the same county....

Your darn toot'n right ... want each and everyone of them to have their dignity and rightful given name back.. and finally to be at peace and rest.

Had a file and a lot of info on EDJD I did a few years ago ... unfortunately my laptop crashed last year lost a lot of good viable information on several Doe's that I had not made public ..... was not able to recover.. Ugghhh ... now I do weekly back ups.. : )

Last edited:
Rule Outs as of 07/24/18

MP2825
Tracy Byrd
03/07/1983
Bucks PA

MP4958
Myrisha Campbell
09/06/1958
Goliad TX

MP13086
Roxanne Sims
12/31/1977
Multnomah OR

MP9089
Jeannette Drzewiecki
09/13/1982
Ector TX

MP10795
Cathleen Martin
03/29/1987
Delaware PA

MP2559
Lisa White
11/01/1974
Tolland CT

MP6722
Michelle Thomas
10/05/1985
Galveston TX

MP26896
Phyllis Brewer
06/13/1981
Mahoning OH

MP2301
Misty Copsey
09/17/1992
Pierce WA

MP6429
Julie Moseley
12/23/1974
Tarrant TX

MP6263
Cindy King
07/19/1977
Josephine OR

MP22793
Winnie Kersey
12/03/1982
Duval FL

MP2510
Cheryl Ann Iacovone
07/12/1977
Delaware PA

MP6744
Mary Trlica
12/23/1974
Tarrant TX

MP2495
Joanne Williams
12/07/1978
Lackawanna PA

MP8364
Veronica Brewer
07/01/1986
Fort Bend TX

MP23402
Cathy Smith
07/01/1981
Jackson MO

MP6128
Cynthia Gooding
09/03/1974
Monroe FL

MP6871
Jackie Leslie
07/31/1974
Apache AZ

MP4528
Elaine Allenbach
03/01/1986
King WA

MP14131
Kelly McGinniss
06/28/1983
King WA

MP6251
Kimberly Kahler
01/01/1980
Los Angeles CA

MP6114
Elizabeth Gill
06/13/1965
Cape Girardeau MO

MP3875
Rochelle Ihm
07/13/1986
Maricopa AZ

MP3875
Rochelle Ihm
07/13/1986
Maricopa AZ

MP8051
Judith ODonnell
11/30/1980
New York NY

MP7756
Laurie Lucas
06/08/1990
Arapahoe CO

MP7172
Sherry Bynum
08/09/1987
El Paso CO

MP6661
Amanda Slaughter
04/28/1991
Orange TX

MP1487
Stacie Madison
03/20/1988
Dallas TX

MP989
Susan Smalley
03/20/1988
Dallas TX

MP6730
Pamela Tinsley
04/13/1986
Oklahoma OK

MP1733
Linda Davis
01/07/1976
Rogers OK

MP3978
Darlene Webb
01/22/1983
Volusia FL

MP11891
DEBORAH GREEN
05/30/1982
Palm Beach FL

MP5074
Wendy Huggy
04/07/1982
Pinellas FL

MP1581
Janet Brice
08/15/1982
East Baton Rouge LA

MP1997
Tracy Ramsey
10/30/1984
Jackson MO

MP3874
Shelley Hoke
06/28/1991
Maricopa AZ

MP7870
Rebecca Dunn
05/10/1979
Clark NV

Tracy Byrd
PA

Lisa Wilson
TX

Tricia Kellett
IL

Sherri White
AK

Kim Leggett
TX

Melinda Creech
IN

Lisa Sexton
OH

Staci Madison
AR

Michelle Mulcahy
FL

Last edited:
I have been reading up on the letters that James McAlphin wrote and forgive me if any of this has already been discussed here but there were a few things that got my attention. This man has every reason to lie but I think in his rambling there is probably some truths.
Early on he brings up the fake identification. He first writes the word borrowed but then scribbles it out but if you look hard you can make it out. He then goes on to state that mercedes bought the ss card from the real Cheryl Wick. Either way, borrowed or bought, I think this is about right. As some of you have pointed out, who goes years without noticing their ss card and birth certificate have gone missing?
Another thing is the police report on page 18. In every newspaper article, and just about every account for that matter, I have been led to believe that McAlphin was staying in the motel and edjd had come from a friends house where she had been staying to see him. However witnesses in this report clearly state it was edjd's room and it was McAlphin who had come to see her. How can they not get this stuff right? Most accounts have edjd staying with Andrea Cooksey but in this report this same woman claims she was on her way to the motel to visit with edjd.
One other thing. About the things I've read about Tyrone including these letters. Now this is just a hunch but I'm starting to think that James McAlphin is Tyrone.

Well, I was gonna post the link for the letters but these are my first posts on this new format and I don't know how. I'll figure it out later.

Additionally, I do not think she is Anita Qvist, Anita was obviously a true blond. EDJD was more of a natural strawberry blond, as evidenced in her autopsy/morgue photos. I will be surprised if she ends up being Anita,
who I sadly surmise has been deceased for many years.
I would call Anita a dirty blonde. EDJD could have been a dirty blonde as well, but with all those freckles I think strawberry blonde is closer. She appears Scots/Irish/English. She has very fine features, very pretty eyes. Anita on the other hand is much more Slavic. First glance I thought Icelandic but I think someone said actually Finnish? Anita is more on the plain jane side, and it's hard to believe her more angular face would grow into the soft curves of EDJD. Is DNA offered publicly for missing persons? So many of us researchers are well acquainted with genealogy and DNA and can be of assistance.

I'm still 100% positive she wont be listed as a missing person , I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, this looking for her real identity wears me out lately , I'm to the point where I don't even like to look at her FB pages I never thought it would wear on me like this , I used to be so optimistic oh and as for hair she was naturally dark headed not strawberry , she bleached like alot of us :)

The last few weeks I have been making some comparisons. They involve a picture I know most of you have seen many times. I wanted to bring it to attention if it has never been brought up. It is the picture of EDJD and James McAlphin standing in the parking lot outside a motel. I don't know if this is where she was murderd or just some other motel they stayed at. Coming into that picture on the left is another vehicle. It is only the front wheel and fender. My question is, is this a Pinto? I have not been able to rule it out. Especially a 1980 model with the squared off front end. In fact I am becoming more convinced that it very possibly could be. What catches my eye the most is how it is flared out around the tire well and how the tire well and fender hooks down in front of the wheel. I have looked at many pictures and the best angle I have been able to find is of a 1976 model. It is linked below. You will have to scroll down and tap on the picture to the right. I will continue to search for a better comparison. There is a website, a forum, Pinto Auto Club of America but I could not find an email address and I did not want to register as a member just to ask for an opinion. Although I may yet.
I would welcome any opinions as I know many of you have a better eye than me.
The first link is in the parking lot and the next one is of the 1976 model.

Google Image Result for https://i1.wp.com/cdn0.throwbacknews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/el-dorado-jane-doe.gif
00&h=315&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2014/12/15/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1976-ford-pinto-runabout/

I'm still 100% positive she wont be listed as a missing person , I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, this looking for her real identity wears me out lately , I'm to the point where I don't even like to look at her FB pages I never thought it would wear on me like this , I used to be so optimistic oh and as for hair she was naturally dark headed not strawberry , she bleached like alot of us :)

I agree she's probably not listed. If she is the stats, timeline, etc must be way off.
I agree about the hair too. Looking at the morgue photos, she looks like a straight up redhead to me, but that's just my opinion.

I was thinking about this case just now and something occurred to me. EDJD, because of what she herself reportedly said and because she fits the description, is suspect in the 1988 murder of the truck driver Dewayne McCorkendal in Oklahoma. Since she is suspect and it is still an open case, I wonder if the authorities in Oklahoma have ever considered running her profile through their criminal database to see if it possibly hit a match for a relative? If not, I wonder if it would be worth suggesting?
That is if they already haven't. If they have I must have missed it.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this case just now and something occurred to me. EDJD, because of what she herself reportedly said and because she fits the description, is suspect in the 1988 murder of the truck driver Dewayne McCorkendal in Oklahoma. Since she is suspect and it is still an open case, I wonder if the authorities in Oklahoma have ever considered running her profile through their criminal database to see if it possibly hit a match for a relative? If not, I wonder if it would be worth suggesting?
That is if they already haven't. If they have I must have missed it.
CODIS includes violent offenders (and more than just violent offenders) missing person & unidentified remains' DNA profiles. If a family member's DNA was in there, it would hit. That's how they identified that couple not long ago. A relative of the doe was arrested or something along those lines and when entered into CODIS, made a hit.

EDJD's Doenetwork page says her natural hair color was brown and frosted. 81UFAR

We don't know whether Anita's was colored or not. I'm not sure I'd call it blonde anyway, more of a light golden brown. Also, blonde hair often darkens with age, so it's hard to guess from a high school picture what it might have looked like by her late 20's.

EDJD's updated Namus: Unidentified Person Case
I'm just saying what I see in the morgue photos, I see EDJD's natural hair as being strawberry blond, and that very much fits in with all the freckles. Not to say other people don't see something entirely different...but I stick by my opinion.

I'm just saying what I see in the morgue photos, I see EDJD's natural hair as being strawberry blond, and that very much fits in with all the freckles. Not to say other people don't see something entirely different...but I stick by my opinion.
Of course, although Sloane’s opinion on hair colour would carry more weight than the rest of ours imo given she actually met edjd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member