Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - she would not do this to ME I am an only child.
Not Mum would not do this to Dad and I we are a very, very close family.
imo
I think, Borce had persuaded Sarah to believe, Karen wouldn't disappear forever because she would be Karen's only child and Karen would never do that to her. After all, he never accused Karen of running away (like Vasko did), so that would fit, IMO. Sarah was perhaps parroting things, her father had explained to her in the early hours of Karen's disappearing.

I’ve found information about this CovMo tool that Optus now uses. It is here : Geo-CEM with CovMo™ | Groundhog Technologies

My opinion is that this tool will not provide a location for a phone that it switched off/‘deactivated’.

It will permit accurate locations to be found in real time & somewhat accurate locations regarding phones location in the past, depending upon how many towers the phone connected to during the time span in question.

Whilst a phone may connect to a more distant tower (eg near Geelong), the strength of the signal to a distant tower should be less than the signal strength to a tower much closer to the handset. Comparison of these signal strengths, especially if they occur in a short space of time, can help to pinpoint a phone.

The 1:19pm call attempt was probably the shop employee.
Could not get through to Karen so she called Borce.
imo
Does that mean Karen's phone was dumped near that area (Sunbury/Diggers Rest)?

Love your timeline, makes things stand out.

Now I speculate that a return trip was made to Hoppers Crossing, before the trip to Mt Macedon. Depending on whether the ping to Geelong was around 10am.:rolleyes:

Does that mean Karen's phone was dumped near that area (Sunbury/Diggers Rest)?

Love your timeline, makes things stand out.

Now I speculate that a return trip was made to Hoppers Crossing, before the trip to Mt Macedon. Depending on whether the ping to Geelong was around 10am.:rolleyes:

It means that the last time the Optus network was connected to Karen’s phone (just by virtue of it being switched on), was within the coverage of the Optus tower in Sunbury/Diggers rest.

If her phone was switched off in that area, the network will have still routed the call to that tower and asked it to alert Karen’s phone to the incoming call. If her phone was switched on, it would’ve started ringing.

We can conclude her phone went flat/was switched off/smashed in range of that tower, but it could’ve been moved away from there once off & would’ve left no trace at all.

I suspect the intensive searches around Toolern Vale (nearby) relate to the fact that Karen’s phone went off the air in Digger’s Rest.

A few things I keep thinking about..

- why did borce take Karen's car when he had his own, especially if he knew he was going to the bush, it would've been easier in his, not hers.

- can you uber from multiple cars? As his profile showed he drove the Vw (and that was the car that he picked my OH up in). Makes no sense to use the merc as you can only pick up 1 passenger.

- sarah said something along the lines of "my mum wouldve taken my dads car to work", did she always do this?

IMO, Karen’s car was taken as her DNA would have been all over it.
Also the possibility to make it look like Karen may have been driving the car herself.

From my knowledge you Uber from one car as your rego is taken when you sign up and your car has to meet certain requirements. I call bs on the Uber story Borce has given.

Adding to the timeline

Timeline

8:15 am - Sarah left for work. Karen in her pj's.
8:57 am - Karen's last log in.
8:58 am -
9:18 am - Karen's phone pinged cellular towerMaidstone
10:43am - Pings Keilor East tower
? 11:09am - Borce Ristevski's phone switched off
11: 40 am - Karens Phone pings Gisborne
? 11:19 am - Borces phone deactivated.
11: 12 am - Merc captured on cctv at Diggers Rest.
11: 40 am - Last known connection of Karen Ristevski's phone
Midday approx - Merc seen at Mt Maecdon facing wrong way. A 4WD parked behind
12:51pm - Borce phone reconnected to the network.
1:03pm - Borce Ristevski returns home
1:19pm - Sunbury/Diggers Rest area - Voice call attempt made and recorded by network to Karen's phone
1:20 pm - Store employee calls Borce to say Karen has not turned up for work
???? - Borce went out in the afternoon - uber driving but app would not work.

6:00 to 6:30 pm - Sarah arrives home from work. (depending on what article)
???? - Left for planned dinner.

7 :30pm - Borce, Sarah and boyfriend arrived home from planned dinner.
???? pm - Borce drove Sarah's boyfriend home.
???? pm - Borce returned home.

30th June
5:30 am - Sarah got out of bed. Called Karen again.
She checked Karen's Whatsapps log in time. It had not changed and remained at 8:57 am 29th June.

10:00pm ish _ Borce called Karen phone for the first time.

Ristevski withheld evidence he drove wife's car on the day she vanished: court
Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears
Inside the Ristevski home in the hours after Karen disappeared
Category: | Herald Sun
Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals
Ristevski latest: Borce and Karen’s phones ‘deactivated’ on day she went missing
Adding to the timeline

Timeline

1:19pm - Sunbury/Diggers Rest area - Voice call attempt made and recorded by network to Karen's phone

30th June
She checked Karen's Whatsapps log in time. It had not changed and remained at 8:57 am 29th June.

Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears
Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals
Ristevski latest: Borce and Karen’s phones ‘deactivated’ on day she went missing
Adding to the timeline

Timeline

30th June

Adding to the timeline

Timeline

30th June

This came out in a press conference, she did call herself an only child, but I don’t read much into that mistake, it was very shortly after her mother disappeared - to make a semantic error under those circumstances is understandable IMO.
Did Borce's son live with the couple? If not currently, did he for the formative years when he and Sarah where growing up?

Sorry not familiar with the suburbs mentioned in the timeline, (Qld'er here), so are we suggesting that Karen and Borce's phones both pinged towers on the way to where her body was dumped that morning and then were deactivated? Cause if that is the case it is seriously telling! Thanks timeline peeps!

Did Borce's son live with the couple? If not currently, did he for the formative years when he and Sarah where growing up?
Hi deugirtni! AR moved in with his father and Karen when he was 14 years of age. (Prior to that, he lived with his mother, BR's ex). He moved out (or rather, was kicked out) several times in the years that followed due to being an ice addict among other things! Hope that lil bit of info helps.

My very first post - if Sarah arrived home 6-6.30 and later at 7.30 was back from dinner - was not the dinner too quick? Sorry was not able to quote on my device
Welcome aboard, angelina1. Most, if not all of us participating here, agree with you. Am thinking the times stated are wrong.

My feelings on the cash, be it $850 or $900 (both reported), Karen had that cash and was going to give it to Ant for whatever reason - hence Borce lost the plot.
I've been thinking along those same lines right from the start, sleepinoz! It has to do with the phone call AR made to Karen 10 days earlier. Karen wanted to give him the money, Borce didn't want her to. They had a heated argument over it. It could still be classed as "they fought over financial issues i.e. "we can't afford to go giving him money all the time". Another thought I had (still have) is, AR may have tried to blackmail Karen re the family secret. AR stated he felt guilty for what happened to Karen *I cannot remember where I read that, but I definitely read it*--if that phone call 10 days earlier involved requesting money, I can understand why AR would feel guilty, even if slightly, for what happened to Karen. MOO

Also the focus has been on the missing 100 minutes when phone was switched off. Or what happened after SR left home.
Borce was on his own till 6pm.
Have we been told of his driving movements after 1pm . Has the car or his car been captured on cctv at any other location.

And...
What if BR contacted someone for help that morning and told this other person to meet them on the way to save time, to not look suspicious and met up at an area familiar to both (this is where I’m thinking why BR drove close to ARs home) it was a spot he could easily identify to meet at and then drive off together to dispose the body. This scenario is to tie in with the theory that there was possibly a 4wd following the Merc.

Also, in the afternoon, BR, after 'thinking', leaves his phone home.
Perhaps, uses other car, to drive to 'wherever', for assistance, with 'whoever'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong