Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The frustrating part for Calderwood is that agents are telling her they have few clues.

“A DCI agent told us she had been in this 23 years and this is the only case where there was nothing to go on,” Calderwood said.

“Just vanished,” added Mollie’s father, Rob Tibbetts, who flew in from his home in Fresno, California.

“It’s like a fog,” Calderwood said. “You have so many people coming at you so quickly. It all gets muddied together.”

She took a call from an agent who was trying to determine if Mollie was in a home at 9:45 p.m., “and that was with my morning coffee.”

Calderwood said the news media is “making us lose our focus,” with a national tabloid show truck parked outside on Monday, and major networks erroneously reporting that Mollie was “running through a cornfield.”

“There is a balance between exploiting the story and reporting the story,” she said.
'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

So I wonder if we should assume Mollie sent the Snapchat around 9:45pm, since they are trying to figure out if she was inside??

I don't think we know if there was back and forth chatting/texting. I think he was responding to when and how he last heard from her. You know what I mean?

And yeah. That's weird phrasing as to him noticing he texted her. But people often speak oddly or grammatically incorrect. Especially when stressed or not used to public speaking. I mean just read any transcript of a tv show interview. Ugh. They're all over the place.

It could be as simple as e was trying to say he noticed she hadn't read his text. And it came out awkwardly.

There's only ONE thing that really gives me pause in this case. I haven't read to the end so maybe it's been answered. But who created the FB page?

Why are they acting like Mollie's family is uninvolved in "their" search?

I’ve seen posts on the one I’m looking at from both families and people from both are listed as admins. But maybe there’s more than one?

I need to take a break from this thread because the speculation is getting to be a bit much for me on this case for some reason. Just hoping and praying Mollie is found safe, even though my gut instincts say that's very unlikely. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

I'm sorry. I've felt that way before in other cases. You have provided a lot of good information and I hope you'll come back soon.

So I wonder if we should assume Mollie sent the Snapchat around 9:45pm, since they are trying to figure out if she was inside??

JMO
Based on that I think its fair to conclude the last snapchat she sent the night before was sent at 9:45 pm. That would match up to around 10pm reported from the BF.

Im still trying to figure out if there are 3 brothers or 2 and why no reference to where the fiance was staying. Its important to know the whereabouts of everyone that was living with her at the time of her disappearance and the way I took it was all the brothers and fiance may have been staying at that 1 house.

So does this mean there are 3 total brothers? BF in Dubuque and 2 brothers in Ames

Or maybe bad reporting again. Maybe there was 2 in Ames but could have been 1 brother and his fiance.

"Jack said Tibbetts was dog-sitting at his house Wednesday, July 18, while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames."

Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

O/T: is anyone else having major problems with the website today? I have now had issues with very very slow loading and posting on two different internet providers.

Yes, yesterday and today it has been very strange. Lagging, double posts, quotes in posts didn't work...I'm surprised we're at post #1285...usually we wrap things up for the next chapter around #1000.
---
You all know more about sc than I do, so I'll take your word for it :)

Yk what else is bugging me? That her bf doesn't remember what the caption was...on the SC she sent him- the one he opened at 10 pm. I wonder if it was something about her being upset or him being upset, etc. Maybe it was simply good night but if it was...wouldn't he remember that and say it in interviews- instead of "I don't remember what the caption was". Dude, it was the last time you heard from your girlfriend. You can't remember?

That bothered me as well.

They should still be able to get access to her most recent icloud backup, assuming that's what she used. That would establish the frequency of her Snapchats or texts or however she chose to communicate. Plus they will image his phone and be able to verify the other side of the coms.

Also this question is for anyone local to Brooklyn. Was there ever crime scene tape around the house? If so, is it still up or has the house been released back to the renters?

He wouldn't have had a reason to remember exact details of her Snapchat at the time he opened it - he didn't know she'd be missing the next day. A friend Snapchatted me around 11 last night. If someone asked me tonight to recall the details of where that friend was, what they were wearing, what words they specifically used, I wouldn't be able to give any specific details because I didn't have a reason last night to analyze it in detail.

She wasn't just a friend, she was his girlfriend. I bet the FBI retrieves it and we all will know what she said.

Maybe it really was just a generic good night kind of message and he doesn't remember the exact wording, or maybe it was personal. Something a 20 year old girlfriend would send to her boyfriend and he's just being polite and not repeating it to the whole world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member