Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a mischaracterization of the process.. The burden of proof at committal for the Prosecutor is extremely stiff, in fact, a great deal of the court's money and time depends in the integrity of it, and the logic of it. The defence, at committal needs to do nothing , as you may have noticed, no one was called for the defence at all, which is usual, the entire burden rests upon the Prosecution.

The argument of the defence is necessary and Borce is entitled to it. It would be about even in regard to cases going to trial after a committal is heard, this is usually a matter reserved for the Supreme Court trials, and is a very necessary part of the entire process.

Well apologies, I may be wrong! I had been reading about these the other day, and took my info from this article about contested committal hearings m, where I have pulled out the statements that made me think that:
  • Almost all accused are committed to stand trial.
The committal test is a fairly low threshold test to enable someone to be committed. The aim is to sort out what is worth proceeding with or as it is sometimes described “sorting the the wheat out from the chaff”.

Contested committal hearing

I also read that contested committal hearing are where the accused is pleading not guilty but I think Borce has not entered a plea yet?

SR at this point in time has not been charged with anything to do with her mother's death or an accessory to it.
I don't think that will change and i don't believe she knows what happened.
She may really believe her father had nothing to do with it, if she never experienced her father being aggressive toward her mother.
Her feelings IMO could change if this case goes to trial and she learns things she didn't know about her parents? I do feel bad for her because it would be very daunting to be placed in such a position that she now finds herself in, with both her parents no longer in her life.

that is precisely what I am expecting. The alternative is unsubstantiated as far as logic goes, as there is still the body of a dead woman in a bush grave , a fair way from home. Where she was 'last seen' . Someone is responsible for that death.

I don't expect him to get bail, either. That, again, would be radical . I expect Borce to sit in remand up to and until his trial for murder starts.

And if that doesn't happen I'll be awfully cross.
Yeah, I'd be pretty cross also. But hopefully they'll get it right; they did get it right for Allison - eventually. And Karen deserves no less.

SR at this point in time has not been charged with anything to do with her mother's death or an accessory to it.
I don't think that will change and i don't believe she knows what happened.
She may really believe her father had nothing to do with it, if she never experienced her father being aggressive toward her mother.
Her feelings IMO could change if this case goes to trial and she learns things she didn't know about her parents? I do feel bad for her because it would be very daunting to be placed in such a position that she now finds herself in, with both her parents no longer in her life.
Unfortunately one needs a very open mind to appreciate evidence presented by the "opposite side" in a trial IMO.

Oh wow , news or ? Someone has stated her bag and phone were found on a property on black hill rd Toolern Vale dec 2016! Not sure how accurate but this person is from the area from what I have gathered . Would love to know if it’s fact or a guess

This was before Karen inherited the money from her parents.

So Borce was a registered loser, before Karen began to lose money on BellaBleu..
Mr. Forensic accountant didn't say, if Karen still owned her inheritance (money, assets) or had the money already spent, maybe partly, for saving Bella Bleu? It would have been very important to know and would have been an additional motive, IMO, if she was fighting with Borce to get her money back.

Oh wow , news or ? Someone has stated her bag and phone were found on a property on black hill rd Toolern Vale dec 2016! Not sure how accurate but this person is from the area from what I have gathered . Would love to know if it’s fact or a guess
Wow. Finally.
We don't need to wait for the day, Sarah would the golden bag pull off some closet.

The Herald Sun reported in Dec 2016, but "Subscribers only".

Delayed filing of insolvency - Eckstein | Kollegen

Delayed filing of insolvency

Chargeable for delayed filing of insolvency are individuals who, as a legal agent of an organization, do not immediately, latest three weeks after bankruptcy or over-indebtedness, file an application for the initiation of an insolvency proceeding over the organizations assets. Next to the penal investigation of corporate insolvency there is a threat of further punishability risks in form of elements of bankruptcy, the violation of accounting obligations as well as creditor and debtor privileges. Further, the accusation of the withholding and defalcation of remunerations and wage tax evasion appears as typical side-offences of corporate crisis in many cases.

Would it not have been long overdue for Warrant?

What was happening in their lives around...before December 2015??

There must be some wacky reason he registered the new business name.

In the past IMO... they ...he and Karen covered their ars** together by shifting ownership of business names here..n.. there.... to avoid repercutions of debt......working in unison...

I felt with all their struggles. ..they still worked as a team to "get through"...

Delayed filing of insolvency - Eckstein | Kollegen

Delayed filing of insolvency

Chargeable for delayed filing of insolvency are individuals who, as a legal agent of an organization, do not immediately, latest three weeks after bankruptcy or over-indebtedness, file an application for the initiation of an insolvency proceeding over the organizations assets. Next to the penal investigation of corporate insolvency there is a threat of further punishability risks in form of elements of bankruptcy, the violation of accounting obligations as well as creditor and debtor privileges. Further, the accusation of the withholding and defalcation of remunerations and wage tax evasion appears as typical side-offences of corporate crisis in many cases.

Would it not have been long overdue for Warrant?

I personally have no idea what all that means. .. .

But I'm guessing the Ristevski's in all their years of trading...finacial up n downs...figuring out loopholes...bouncing back...still gaining finance. ...........

Guess there's a whole other world most of us don't know about and would have no idea how to transverse.

The fact that the finacial forensic person..came up with a nudda idea... doesnt IMO mean the was "no" reason or nothing to be gained........ could simply mean that expert hasn't ascertained the reason yet....... at time of committal hearing.

I believe that in or around December 2015, Karen could have received her portion (a share of $360,000) of the inheritance from her father's estate.

Family lawyer George James Bouhalis told News Corp that the money was paid before the end of 2015.
Karen Ristevski 'shared in father's inheritance' months before disappearance

Envirovision was registered with ASIC as a company on 16th December 2015.
https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...Type=OrgAndBusNm&_adf.ctrl-state=dtinpwau4_15

A bank account for Envirovision was opened on 14th June 2016.
That company didn't open a bank account until June 14, 2016 — two weeks before Mrs Ristevski ....
Heraldsun.com.au | Subscribe to the Herald Sun for exclusive stories

Then an ABN for Envirovision was established on 24th June 2016 .... 5 days prior to Karen being murdered.
Historical details for ABN 41 609 873 725 | ABN Lookup

Last edited:

It is possible that it is a guess. We wondered the same thing, due to the size of the evidence bags photographed during the search of December 2016.

r0_0_729_410_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

A police officer carried two brown paper bags from the search site that takes in bushland on Blackhill Road in Toolern Vale about 3.30pm on Tuesday.

However, detectives did not say whether the bags contained evidence that would directly assist in the hunt for Ms Ristevki, who was last seen at her Avondale Heights home six months ago.
Bags of evidence carried from Karen Ristevski search area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members