Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have passed through Brooklyn (have actually texted 'greetings from Brooklyn' when getting gas here to NYC friends.) The gas stations along 1-80 are full of people passing through. I always have my guard up.
Reading through info posted so far, it just isn't clear what happened but I hope we can refrain from accusing family members. As G-slingin Granny points out, lots of other possibilities.
Google photos of Holiday Lake. It's a crowded lake near Brooklyn where tens of thousands go to vacation in the summer. Many people staying at this lake drive into Brooklyn to buy supplies.

To any of Mollie's coworkers, some of whom must be reading here, please join us! You can be anonymous and post here.

1. Was it a male who drove Mollie to work on days she didn't have her car?
2. Did Mollie express concern about any of her campers' dads or male caretakers?
3. Does the hospital require criminal record checks on employees and interns?
4. Did Mollie have a stalker, a male who annoyed her, or someone she had romantically rejected?

Last edited:
Personally I think it’s either a stalker or she was on an app like bumble due to relationship issues, or a combo of both. The younger generation goes on bumble to meet people or when they’re bored (I.e. sitting at home alone dog sitting). LE and the family probably are aware by now and they are purposely withholding that info so the public doesn’t lose interest in finding her. People are way more inclined to help when someone seems Sweet and innocent vs someone who’s potentially cheating or thinking about cheating on their bf. Given the most recent selfie of her on IG, I think she was looking to get out of her relationship. She’s got cleavage showing which she didn’t have in any other selfies.

If she was on bumble its easy for someone passing through to connect with her because it’s based on distance from that person. Or it could have been a stalker pretending to be someone else on the app. Just a theory but considering they mentioned “chasing posts and messages back to their source.” If someone had a fake bumble account it’s similar to fb they’d have to chase down ip addresses, etc. just a theory

Have we heard much about the texting with Mom on Wednesday evening? I'm still wondering if something happened when she was out for a run. As others have mentioned, it's possible she had another pair of contacts in or, depending on just how blind she actually is without them, just ran without. That would explain why her phone and Fitbit are missing but not her wallet or anything else. I just don't see her going out to meet up with someone that evening without her wallet (unless, maybe, she was walking to Mom's).

The timeline change with brother dropping off is interesting but the times are so close to each other that it's possible each was off by a few minutes in their approximation and Mollie took off for a run shortly after being dropped off.

There is one conflict in statements I'm surprised nobody has pointed out. The neighbor was said to have seen her jogging at about 5:15, but her brother said he dropped her off there at 5:30. Did he pick her up while she was running, was the neighbor wrong about the day she was seen jogging/running, or is one of them wrong about the time? I doubt if it's anything important, but I really don't like relying on information I'm not sure of.

JMO
Im starting to question that too and the brother allegedly dropping her off.

Wouldnt he clear up if she needed a ride the next morning to work if he dropped her off at 5:30 pm Wednesday?

He then would be the last person to see her and not the guy on porch.

Also wonder if this is same brother talking in past tense in interview.

Also wondering now if the 10pm snapchat may have been a ruse.

Gosh these cases can drive a person crazy. No wonder LE is taking their time. Glad LE has some focus it appears.

IMO, I wonder if Mollie was hoping her boyfriend would have proposed after 3 years of dating if he hadn't already done so. It appears the boyfriend has been quite cooperative with LE. From Mollie's twitter public posts, IMO, Social Media and the online apps may play into factor Mollie's disappearance. I am not on Snapchat nor do I do twitter posts, and IMO, it appears retweets and Snapchat status and life storytelling is popular amongst Mollie and her social media friends. Mollie's boyfriend on the other hand seems to be more private and less into social media. IMO, it's interesting to see Mollie's twitter public posts of multiple screenshots of texts between Mollie and her boyfriend- it's like she's storytelling her relationship for social media validation on some level.
Perhaps the night of Mollie's disapperance, Mollie had seeked a ride from a friend or one of those smartphone app driver for hire to visit her boyfriend and something happened during the drive? Afterall, her boyfriend had not responded to a Snapchat she sent until the next morning via text from what I read.
IMO, the boyfriend could have been exhausted from work, and not unreasonable for him to fall asleep or wake up with his cellphone near his face, especially with a girlfriend who, IMO, may have like communicating via electronic devices and via social media chats often.
IMO, she could have confided in or offered support for a male friend of hers that night and something happened to cause her to disappear for possibly a short time. Perhaps a friend needed her shoulder to cry on. Afterall, per "MOLLIE'S FAMILY: 'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad'"
IMO, it's interesting her cellphone was not found at the home she was last seen in, so IMO, she does not appear to be abducted from her home or that of the dog sitting place she was at.
IMO, it's interesting the boyfriend did not know where Mollie took her last Snapchat photo- "inside a house"- perhaps Mollie was partying at a friend's house that night?
IMO, I wish this be all some Psychology major study or social media retweet experiment and she comes home unharmed, but in reality that may not be the case.

I have a daughter who dated the same guy through college. The last thing she wanted was a marriage proposal when she was only into her second year at university even if they had dated since they were 16. She wanted to get her degree first. As a general rule, kids today are not that much into the whole "getting married" until they are much older. As for the boyfriend not responding. I am married to a guy a lot younger than I ( 25 years). He's an engineer and like someone in construction puts in some LONG days, especially with travel as his company has factories all over the world. I can be pretty sure he doesn't even remember I called him to say good nights after some days. I don't picture Mollie freaking out and trying to drive hours when she works the next day to visit him, especially with a job outing planned the next morning.

She's a beautiful young woman, in a house that looks deserted because she left her vehicle at her Moms a mile away. There is a small town mindset of locals that say "we don't lock our doors" and drugs being a huge problem in rural middle America with resulting property crime. I don't think the boyfriend had anything to do with this at all.

JMO
Im starting to question that too and the brother allegedly dropping her off.

Wouldnt he clear up if she needed a ride the next morning to work if he dropped her off at 5:30 pm Wednesday?

He then would be the last person to see her and not the guy on porch.

Also wonder if this is same brother talking in past tense in interview.

Also wondering now if the 10pm snapchat may have been a ruse.

I have been following this thread closely as I am in Iowa and it’s all over the news here, but this is my first post.

<modsnipped- against TOS to make random accusations>

I do not think the boyfriend is at all involved in this. It seems he and his family are doing absolutely everything to try to find her.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been following this thread closely as I am in Iowa and it’s all over the news here, but this is my first post.

<modsnip>

I do not think the boyfriend is at all involved in this. It seems he and his family are doing absolutely everything to try to find her.

JMO.

Welcome to WS TrueCrimeJunky.

Last edited:
Google photos of Holiday Lake. It's a crowded lake near Brooklyn where tens of thousands go to vacation in the summer. Many people staying at this lake drive into Brooklyn to buy supplies.

Tens of thousands? You may be right, maybe you googled it - but as a local to the area I’d guess a few hundred tops. Certainly not what I’d ever call crowded. The Brooklyn exit off I-80 is probably one of the least used exits, it’s sandwiched between two exits with much bigger facilities. From that exit if you’re stopping to get gas you wouldn’t even know there’s a town two miles up the road.

When looking at the media articles and the Finding Mollie FB page there seems to be a lot of organizing to get flyers out and spreading the word. They are organizing food for the LE (very nice). But I don’t see active requests for searching. This continues to confuse me. They seem to have a direction and it doesn’t seem like the direction is a good outcome. So you would think they would be narrowing down where to look. If the worst really is true the longer she stays out in the elements, the less evidence they will be able to get from her. Are they actively searching or is it really just an investigation at this moment. The FB page talks about an investigation but doesn’t say ‘search’. I don’t mean for this to come across as critical of LE. I am sure they know what they are doing. It just think it’s significant and wonder if it says something about what they think happened.

At the moment I can't discount the fact that there is a likely pricey and almost certainly non-refundable destination wedding in the very near future. Some event (real or perceived) that would/could cause the wedding not to go forward would be motive. It could all be just coincidence and happenstance but I can't discount it at the moment.
I hadn't thought about that angle - that's an interesting thought.
I'm also wondering how big this property is and how big the BF's construction business is. Big enough to store equipment on the property? Perhaps Mollie interrupted someone(s) looking to pick up a few pieces of construction equipment or supplies? Hoping today's the day.

Please read our rules carefully:
The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Authorities say they are making progress in the investigation, and have come up with a solid timeline, but they can't release it publicly.

1 week later, search for Mollie Tibbetts continues

Officials told TV9 they have no leads they can share publicly.

Authorities reveal new details about Mollie Tibbetts investigation

folks, check your cell phones and social media accounts (including posting on this forum). how many times did you (or one of your kids) call, text, snap, facebook, insta, finsta, vsco, tweet or post yesterday. i'm older so i don't do social media but i texted or called at least 10 people last night. there's no way a social 20 year old who has a huge extended family in addition to having tons of friends only tweeted once, sent one snap (boyfriend) and called/texted once (mom) on any given evening. 3 communications in an entire night? not buying it. i think she spoke/texted/posted more than that and therein lies a key to her doings/whereabouts. it doesn't take 6 days for LE to unlock her digital footprint. maybe i'm being optimistic but i'm hoping they have a pretty good idea what happened, even if they have no clue as to her actual location...thoughts?

Just a hunch
...hoping the officials are checking on employees and frequent customers at the Co-op. The home she was staying at is wide open, it would be easy to watch comings and goings from the Co-op.

Also, it being such a small town, in the above scenario, the Perp most likely would know her or DJ/family/brothers.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member