Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't sound good. Must have gotten some information where Mollie is from the Fitbit.

Mollie Tibbetts Case: Search for Missing Iowa College Student Turns to Vast Cornfield

The desperate search for a missing Iowa college student is focused on a vast expanse of dense cornfields.

It's a nightmare facing law enforcement as the hunt for the college sophomore who vanished after going jogging last week intensifies.

Mollie Tibbetts Case: Search for Missing Iowa College Student Turns to Vast Cornfield

Ugh. Hope they are using drones.

I'd imagine if this is/was an abduction (by whoever) the lack of evidence of a struggle means she was incapacitated very quickly and had absolutely no chance even if she did own this watch.
At first the information released was that there was no evidence of a struggle. Then, two days ago the aunt stated that they didn't know if there was or was not a struggle.

Lets remember the storm in the morning so if the dogs were out it would have been a quick one so they werent lost in the storm.
The storm could be a reason the dogs were in the basement. I don't have a dog but I have lots of friends who do and even bigger dogs can be real babies when it comes to storms. If they were easily upset by a storm she might have put them in the basement and it doesn't have anything to do with the timeline.

This doesn't sound good. Must have gotten some information where Mollie is from the Fitbit.

The desperate search for a missing Iowa college student is focused on a vast expanse of dense cornfields.

It's a nightmare facing law enforcement as the hunt for the college sophomore who vanished after going jogging last week intensifies.

BBM

To be fair that is complete conjecture. None of us have any idea why they're focusing there.

Edit: Could have been dogs, a tip etc etc

He was said to have texted her at 7:30 and then he opened her snap chat at 10. He did not realize until morning she had not read his text. This tells me they were not texting all night. But if you fall alseep and your phone hits your face, you are usually in bed and involved in your phone.

She also had a tweet that joked about her BFs phone hitting her in the face when they napped. It is just all too coincidental.

Mollies twitter activity routinely shows she is up late past midnight every night liking and retweeting things.

Lets remember the storm in the morning so if the dogs were out it would have been a quick one so they werent lost in the storm.

Snapchat and texting are two different things. But I am not seeing where he texted her at 7:30 p.m. and no other conversations occurred after that. In fact, I'm not seeing a direct quote from him that he texted her at all. Could you help me with a link?

True, if he texted her around 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. and then no conversation until he received a snapchat, that would indicate they indeed were not conversing back and forth all evening.

I just haven't seen that info. I think he was asked about his last communication from her, which he opened around 10, and then fell asleep. But I;m not seeing that there was nothing in between. You know what I mean?

ETA: There have been reports that the SC could have been sent around 9:45. If based on accurate info, that could indicate there was activity up until around then. And then he didn't look at his phone until 10.

Also, the bit about him not realizing until morning that she hadn't responded? That's not accurate. He said he texted her good morning the next day. Later on he opened and realized she had not responded or even read it.

I understand why you have suspicions but I'm just not seeing anything concrete.

Time will tell. They have a tight timeline now. I think they're closing in.

Doesn't sound good at all....

I don't know if this search is new? I remember reading that they were searching fields between the boyfriend's house and her parents' house this morning. I think the title is just meant to stir up clicks and doesn't necessarily indicate that they have new information or have changed anything about the searches they've been doing.

It seems if they have enough volunteers now (I understand early on they wanted everyone home so they could interview neighbors, etc) they could start at one end and have a person straight down the rows.. and have people spaced every few rows and comb them that way. Not quick, but certainly would be thorough.. and I don't see someone going THAT far off a main road.. how would they not be noticed? If you were driving by and saw her as in a crime of opportunity or even if you just committed a crime elsewhere and were going to take her to the cornfield.. why would you go so far into the field and leave a car near a road that could be seen and reported as possibly suspicious? It's really disturbing to even think of these possibilities.. I can't imagine how anyone would harm someone so I guess maybe anything is possible as far as where/why they would dispose of a body. :( Just doesn't sound good if they are searching cornfields again AFTER they have Fitbit/phone data.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members