Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that she didn't show up at her mom's for dinner Wednesday evening or call to explain tells me something happened then.

I'd be curious if she routinely didn't show up for dinner.. if not why wasn't mom worried the night before? If it's only a mile away, as a mom myself, I would have driven over to check on my kid if she didn't show up for a dinner she was planning to come to. Not at all blaming mom, just wondering if her going to dinner wasn't a 100% think so mom just wasn't worried when she didn't come over?

Well, the 7:45 jog time changes the whole timeline. That could possibly mean that AFTER her mom texted her about dinner (which mom says was 7:15-730ish, Mollie said OK, grabbed her phone, and started to jog on over to moms house. Still daylight. If LE says they have no idea what happened to her after 7:45, to me, that means that there are no signs that she went back to the house after 7:45.
I'm betting she was attacked/snatched on the jog over to her mom's house for dinner.
The red shirt isn't being discussed and I think is irrelevant. The 10PM text is also not being discussed by LE. To me, that means that the snapchat was sent BEFORE 7:45, and the BF just opened at 10PM. They have said they don't know what/or where she was after 7:45 Weds night. Period. Ergo, she was taken after mom texted about dinner but BEFORe 7:45PM. It was almost 24 hours then before the Sheriff was notified (around 6PM Thursday per Sheriff call log) Not good. :(

The farmers aren't going to wait to harvest. This is their livelihood. You can see in this pic that the ground isn't dug up, in fact there's about a foot of stubble left. The combine driver has a good view of what he's about to cut. After a field is harvested scavenger birds and coyote are all over the fields now that the rabbits and rodents exposed. So, if any evidence is in the field it will easier to see. Farm girl here.

cropreport.jpg

If it was random abduction then I keep going back to the police not issuing a warning?? Since they have not, it leads me to think it is someone she knew and they have their eye on them... or else why not say be aware and keep your eyes open.. lock doors, etc. If they believed it was random don't you think they would at least alert the public that they have someone on the loose like that? So many things just don't add up.

I have to say, the fact that she is missing, under very suspicious circumstances, and the whole town knows about it...would hopefully lead people to take the necessary precautions without LE having to specifically point it out.

That being said, I do hear/understand where you are coming from and it would be nice to hear from LE, but not at the expense of their investigation.

I am guessing everyone in town is not only talking about this but also realizing that the worst possible outcome is a very real scenario. That is scary and hopefully has lead to people taking additional precautions without having to specifically be told to do so.

Being a small town...I am sure there is a narrative at this point of likely suspects. I am so glad to hear the BF and his bros were cleared...I am sure this has been beyond torturous to DJ and his family.

Darn those cornfields...they worry me.

Also, wanted to say that I do believe that she was jogging at the 5:30 time frame. That was her "everyday" jog. I am assuming she went home then, took care of the dogs, showered, and talked to her mom at 7:30ish, texted okay about dinner, grabbed her phone, and started the short jog to moms. It's not that the jog time changed per se, it's that she was outside TWICE in a short period of time. The second time being when she was on her way to mom's for dinner.

Every theory seems to have pieces that contradict or just don't fit. Does it make sense that after running she left with somebody intending to spend the night elsewhere? She brought her red shirt with her and thought this person could just drop her off at her mom's house in the early morning and she'd take her car from there. There's nothing there that doesn't fit.
Here's one that doesn't fit:
She left her ID, likely inside her wallet, at the boyfriend's house.

She would have taken her wallet or purse to a friend's house to spend the night in case she needed money or credit cards to buy a snack, but she didn't.

There was no verification that the red shirt was 100% at the boyfriend's house. Family just assumed she would have it there, but she may have left it at work or had to throw it away a week before because it had a rip, burn, or stain. The only thing, imo, that fits is that the red shirt is a red herring. Molly went out running with her phone and fitbit. She left her purse at home (nobody takes their purse running) and that's why her family said her ID was left at the boyfriend's house.

She didn't go to her mom's house for brats because she had been abducted. She sent her boyfriend a snapchat before the run but he didn't open it until 10 pm.

O
I have to say, the fact that she is missing, under very suspicious circumstances, and the whole town knows about it...would hopefully lead people to take the necessary precautions without LE having to specifically point it out.

That being said, I do hear/understand where you are coming from and it would be nice to hear from LE, but not at the expense of their investigation.

I am guessing everyone in town is not only talking about this but also realizing that the worst possible outcome is a very real scenario. That is scary and hopefully has lead to people taking additional precautions without having to specifically be told to do so.

Being a small town...I am sure there is a narrative at this point of likely suspects. I am so glad to hear the BF and his bros were cleared...I am sure this has been beyond torturous to DJ and his family.

Darn those cornfields...they worry me.

oh no doubt people will be careful on their own, but the way police are commenting doesn't lead to much urgency.. or panic. I guess in other cases I've just seen/felt right away it was this person was taken, abducted, there is someone on the loose.. and without knowing for sure in this case I guess they can't say that, but if they do know more than they are saying it would be nice to at least know if they have any indication it's a stranger abduction.. which is very different in my opinion than someone she knows hurting her or stalking her.. that would be targeted and not at all random. So I am leaning toward this being someone she did know and it being targeted or if the police even thought a tiny bit otherwise, I do think they would be conveying that to the public in some way. They seem very laid back and based on what they have found in her social media/fitbit/phone, you would think they have an idea if there was something going on with specific people she already knew.

The farmers aren't going to wait to harvest. This is their livelihood. You can see in this pic that the ground isn't dug up, in fact there's about a foot of stubble left. The combine driver has a good view of what he's about to cut. After a field is harvested scavenger birds and coyote are all over the fields now that the rabbits and rodents exposed. So, if any evidence is in the field it will easier to see. Farm girl here.

View attachment 139886

Thank you for this knowledgeable post.

Yes. I had mentioned that in an earlier post too. But then I think there would be blood on the ground right?
Bingo. Accident. And no there would not necessarily be easily detectable blood.

Cutie listed these back a few, let me rank them:

Left home of own volition
Suicide
Accident
Familiar person attack
Stranger attack

A friend of mine recently ran a long distance race across a state. They had the Garmin thingy similar to a fitbit, and gave me a google link so I could watch them along the way. I was amazed at how accurate it was. It updated in real time so I could see all their stops along the way. Zoomed into street view and I saw they stopped at Taco Bell then ran across the street to Dollar General. It even gave the mph.

So, they were running at night (with headlamp) because of the heat and I was so worried for them out there on the highway alone. I'd have to get up and check on the progress. My biggest fear was I'd see they'd suddenly reversed and headed 70 mph the other way. Ambulance? Abduction? Happily my friend completed the race in good shape.

Well, the 7:45 jog time changes the whole timeline. That could possibly mean that AFTER her mom texted her about dinner (which mom says was 7:15-730ish, Mollie said OK, grabbed her phone, and started to jog on over to moms house. Still daylight. If LE says they have no idea what happened to her after 7:45, to me, that means that there are no signs that she went back to the house after 7:45.
I'm betting she was attacked/snatched on the jog over to her mom's house for dinner.
The red shirt isn't being discussed and I think is irrelevant. The 10PM text is also not being discussed by LE. To me, that means that the snapchat was sent BEFORE 7:45, and the BF just opened at 10PM. They have said they don't know what/or where she was after 7:45 Weds night. Period. Ergo, she was taken after mom texted about dinner but BEFORe 7:45PM. It was almost 24 hours then before the Sheriff was notified (around 6PM Thursday per Sheriff call log) Not good. :(
Good post. Do we know for sure that she responded OK to her mother's text at 7:15 ish?

I'd be curious if she routinely didn't show up for dinner.. if not why wasn't mom worried the night before? If it's only a mile away, as a mom myself, I would have driven over to check on my kid if she didn't show up for a dinner she was planning to come to. Not at all blaming mom, just wondering if her going to dinner wasn't a 100% think so mom just wasn't worried when she didn't come over?

From twitter and FB it is normal for her to not show for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie