Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

UPDATE - Police have sent searchers home for the day with no sign of missing 20 year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

UPDATE - At least 100 people are out looking for a missing 20 year-old woman in Poweshiek County.

Investigators now say Mollie Tibbetts was last seen dog sitting for at a friend's house late Wednesday night. When no one heard from her Thursday, they reported her missing.

Crews are out searching around the Brooklyn area for any sign of Tibbetts, At this point, investigators aren't sure if foul play is involved.

[...]

Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

Last edited:
I'm not a regular on WS, but having studied and worked in Iowa for 3 years this case has my attention. I keep thinking of jogging trails located near nicer neighborhoods that were great during the day, but I wouldn't touch them at night. Too isolated, foggy, and I've seen too many horror movies.

The key to this case likely will stem from the dog sitting gig. Families hire a dog sitter when they have been away on vacation. Has it been released how many days the family that Mollie was dog sitting for has been away? I picture a criminal keeping tabs on an inactive home for a burglary conspiracy and Mollie happened to be in the way when the plan was executed. Or the plan changed to an abduction/sex crime on the fly.

I can also picture a suspect who is not known to Mollie. A male from the local neighborhood who had knowledge that Mollie liked to jog alone as well as knowing that the home she was returning to was generally unoccupied during the time frame of the crime. I'm fearing the worst here, she is in my thoughts.

MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

MISSING PERSON. 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is missing. Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn. If you have any information please call 641 623-5679.
View attachment 139896

Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency

Thread #1
Thanks so much. Im on the road and finally saw Tricia post about this thread.
I'm very worried for Mollie . Going back to catch up.
We've got her flyers up on The Truckers Missing Child Project. They're looking.
Chi ☹❤

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members