Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a sad situation and I'm hoping for a happy ending, but worried it won't be. And this case is just really getting to me more then others because Mollie reminds me so much of my own daughter, who is also 20, majoring in psych, getting her 1st apartment this year, from a small town. I'm always cautioning her about paying attention when she is out, keeping an eye on her surroundings. Even living in a small town, things happen and you can't trust everyone. Praying they find Mollie soon!

It seems not to matter how populous a place is these days... Don't know what it is... Just more depraved people walking around?

And,
Welcome to Websleuths, SingingAngel!!

University of Iowa‏Verified account @uiowa
Our thoughts continue to be with Mollie Tibbetts’ family and friends. Mollie went missing from her hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa last week. Please contact authorities if you have any information: http://spr.ly/6015DSlec

Di9nitUXgAAZ5GD.jpg

9:00 AM - 25 Jul 2018

To the locals,
With an interstate close by, is there ever any sex trafficking activity in the area. I know there was a case near me in a smaller town that I would have never thought of happening around here. Then again, I think most of the ones I've heard of have been much younger victims.

At this point, I sadly think stranger abduction while out jogging (probably by a local). I think its just the lack of any evidence that has me thinking this way. I have a daughter Mollie's age so this hits close to home. Praying she is found soon as this is every parent's worst nightmare.

Sex traffickers don't hunt and snatch middle class white girls off the street as they jog in tiny farming towns.

Sex traffickers lure poor girls who come from dysfunctional families and who are overwhelmingly black, usually runaways. Or they traffick adult prostitutes or migrants who don't speak the language.

Not once have I seen the sex trafficking theory pan out in the case of a missing white woman or girl in my 14 years of websleuthing. Not once.

Sex trafficking is a major issue in our nation. But not with missing females of Mollie's demographic. It's too risky for pimps to snatch and try to traffick educated middle class girls that society cares about, whose families go insane trying to find, and who are from functional families and thus are less able to be controlled and sold at truck stops or in hotels.

The "Taken" movie scenario is a fiction.

Knowing how the FBI can completely disassemble a suspect's home and business causing extreme disorganization and monetary loss, I wouldn't let the FBI search my property without a warrant. For this reason, I think the hog farm owner required a search warrant to search his farm. A judge must have been seen something which was suspicious to grant this search warrant.

Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search
Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, a state agency investigating the case, said Thursday that there have been "a couple" searches of properties based on tips, but that to his knowledge none of them have required police to secure warrants because property owners have been cooperative.

Authorities searched a hog farm in Guernsey for Mollie Tibbetts
Mortvedt said the searches yielded no results

Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel has confirmed that Dalton Jack, Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, is not a suspect in this case.

<added link and snipped to comply with copyright rule>

Last edited:
I hate to take over this thread so much, but I know the answer to this one too.

Hwy 21 is simply one of the best routes out of town and the quickest route to get to several of these small towns. And with limited things to do in any of these towns, a ping at that spot along Hwy 21 could be as innocent as a trip to Pizza Ranch in Sigourney. If she did indeed ping on Hwy 21 it could almost anything.

If she had impulsively decided to go to that carnival that's been mentioned, would she have gone via Highway 21?

Welcome SingingAngel... I caution my 24 year old daughter too. She thinks I am paranoid because I follow true crime. Yes I am but still...

Thank you ... my daughter thinks the same thing. In fact recently she came to me and said she was going for a walk .. at 10 at night! I told her no, not a good idea and she rolled her eyes and said "Nothings going to happen here" We live in a small town with only about 750 people, but that doesn't mean anything, sadly. Plus our town is a major route for travelers, trucker and such. I told her she's old enough to make her own decisions but why risk it. In the end, I stood my ground and she stayed home.

Yeah and I don't think they'd actually conduct an extensive search without a warrant. So now I'm confused. If they didn't have search warrants then they probably just did cursory searches and weren't honing in too seriously on any one person.
Maybe they had them ready but got consent and did not have to use them

Sex traffickers don't hunt and snatch middle class white girls off the street as they jog in tiny farming towns.

Sex traffickers lure poor girls who come from dysfunctional families and who are overwhelmingly black, usually runaways. Or they traffick adult prostitutes or migrants who don't speak the language.

Not once have I seen the sex trafficking theory pan out in the case of a missing white woman or girl in my 14 years of websleuthing. Not once.

Sex trafficking is a major issue in our nation. But not with missing females of Mollie's demographic. It's too risky for pimps to snatch and try to traffick educated middle class girls that society cares about, whose families go insane trying to find, and who are from functional families and thus are less able to be controlled and sold at truck stops or in hotels.

The "Taken" movie scenario is a fiction.

Sex traffickers aren't snatching young women off their jogging paths but they are using the internet to target and lure them into their web. Interstate 80 is a major pipeline for drugs and human trafficking and there is a truck stop just a couple of miles outside Brooklyn.

The Trucking Industry: A Focus On Smuggling And Human Trafficking

Pimps are targeting, recruiting women through online dating websites

Yeah and I don't think they'd actually conduct an extensive search without a warrant. So now I'm confused. If they didn't have search warrants then they probably just did cursory searches and weren't honing in too seriously on any one person.

I was thinking this too. Perhaps they went and looked around, and in the meantime are getting warrants to do a deeper search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305