Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi from UK. I have been following this case non stop!

Google maps shows the area to be very rural. How much road traffic goes along highway 21? (The long road another poster said police where searching along)

How common are dashcams in a rural area like this part of Iowa?

From the Streetview, it looks like a typical two-lane rural State Highway. It probably has moderately heavy farm traffic. I expect that area has constant traffic, but not very heavy.

End of Iowa 21

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere it was searched after comments on social media.<modsnipped comment about social media>. not sure if it was actually before the search or before the search was made public so might have been someone who lives local. It’s just unbelievable to me that someone can make fake profiles to torment the poor family. There’s some sick people in this world. I really hope he/she is caught and jailed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm losing hope they'll find Mollie. Sorry to say this but that's reality.
These cases can be so heartbreaking and frustrating.
We don't know at all what happened to her. We can only guess that she was abducted but we don't know. We keep trying to make sense out of the unknown.
I do not think she ran away. I do not think she committed suicide. That leaves 2 options. She was either abducted or someone accidently ran into her with their car and hid her to not get caught. Any other thoughts?
BBM I agree that these are the two most likely scenarios.

Nob

I dont think it was the boyfriend for 2 reasons. First, folks back home have really from the start not been worried about him. And the sheriff and FBI cleared him. That's conclusive in my opinion.

I do think sometimes LE will say they've cleared people so those people will let down their guard. I have no opinion about the boyfriend (haven't seen his interviews) but I will say that I don't find his lack of recollection about her last Snap to be fishy at all. He did not expect it to be the last thing he got from her so he wouldn't have dwelt on it when he received it. You can only view a Snap once - twice at most if you make the decision to re-see it immediately after your first look - and depending on how she had it set, it might've only been viewable for a few seconds. When you're involved in daily back-and-forth Snap conversation and not discussing anything remarkable, it's just easy to forget the last thing you received. I don't use Snapchat much - just with one friend - but if she responds to a question I sent her after several hours have passed, I often can't remember what it was I had asked her.

If I learned anything from the Serial podcast it's that our ability to recollect information that seemed mundane at the time we received it is not all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member