Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

You all have made me bite my nails by this mystery conversation here lol. After very long search I have found out that mystery post seems to be gone from DDP FB page.

So anyone want to share loosely what that post said and/or why was it spooky?

(For others) Link to DNA Doe Project FB page and FB thread of Identified Sheep Flat JD DNA Doe Project

Last edited:
I took a screenshot of it because it was so odd. This is exactly what it said except I’m not posting the phone number

“ DI wish stuff could’ve went differently I can regret how old the last time we talked with Joanne I do still do and always thought you were the coolest ladies in Reno hopefully someday you’ll forgive me I miss talking to you take care my number still 775-::::::: see you”

The comment by the man that supposedly knew Jane Doe is reminiscent of a couple troll posts that used to be on the FindaGrave page for Lyle Stevik. The 'I wish things could have went differently' and referencing another person they both knew. Similar.

The comment by the man that supposedly knew Jane Doe is reminiscent of a couple troll posts that used to be on the FindaGrave page for Lyle Stevik. The 'I wish things could have went differently' and referencing another person they both knew. Similar.
It’s hard to say if it’s just a troll or someone who actually knew her-however if it turns out her name is Joanne & he’s not to be a relative or close to a relative of hers it would be really strange. I guess we won’t know unless they publicly identify her

If that post is
It’s hard to say if it’s just a troll or someone who actually knew her-however if it turns out her name is Joanne & he’s not to be a relative or close to a relative of hers it would be really strange. I guess we won’t know unless they publicly identify her

I do believe it’s a troll, but if it’s real, I suppose it could mean they’ve notified next of kin and word is getting around to those who knew her.

She does look like she could be a “Joanne” though!

If that post is

I do believe it’s a troll, but if it’s real, I suppose it could mean they’ve notified next of kin and word is getting around to those who knew her.

She does look like she could be a “Joanne” though!

The third-party friend is Joanne.

That’s correct, the poster is implying that “DI” is the Jane Doe, which could possibly mean Diane, Diana, or the initials of D.I.

That’s correct, the poster is implying that “DI” is the Jane Doe, which could possibly mean Diane, Diana, or the initials of D.I.
I interpreted it differently. I read “DI” as a typo that was supposed to be “I” and we could’ve been referring to he and the UID talked Joanne (3rd party) or referring to he and friend/wife/family talked to Joanne (UID).

Anyhow. Not important. The guy seems to be a troll. I just thought CarlKs most recent reconstruction looks like a Joanne. I’d be VERY surprised if that actually turned out to be her name.

Looks like Margaret Press commented and said it was a troll and the comment was auto deleted by Facebook and DDP banned him. So mystery solved.
I thought that was interesting. She also said he just started swearing... did anyone see that?

I interpreted it differently. I read “DI” as a typo that was supposed to be “I” and we could’ve been referring to he and the UID talked Joanne (3rd party) or referring to he and friend/wife/family talked to Joanne (UID).

Anyhow. Not important. The guy seems to be a troll. I just thought CarlKs most recent reconstruction looks like a Joanne. I’d be VERY surprised if that actually turned out to be her name.

Lewie .... no worries I understood what you meant and it was appareant that it was troll... trolls come out when their is a lot excitement

I thought that was interesting. She also said he just started swearing... did anyone see that?
I didn't see that, I had commented on his post and never got a notification of anything else, weird!

That’s what I thought to- DI was a typo for I but I thought Joanne was the UID but alas as we have found out it doesn’t matter now it was just a troll

I didn't see that, I had commented on his post and never got a notification of anything else, weird!
No I didn’t see it & I was checking quite frequently for a little bit but it must have happened when I finally went to bed this morning

For all of those waiting on pins & needles for the identification announcement of SFJD, LE is working through her case details in which may take them a bit. Identifing her is one segment of this journey the second is identifying her killer, ya never know they may have been able to accomplish both at once. We all shall know soon enough and they will announce when they have accomplished what they need to do in her case, till then will patiently wait an announcement.

FB - DDP - 7/29/18

Margaret Press we expect they will announce her identity when they've finished all the details they need to take care of.

I'm sure LE and/or DDP will reach out to the public when help is needed.

The killer obviously is a male since she was sexually assaulted and men's underwear was left over her womb the male's relation to WCJD could be of a few forms; i.e. acquaintance, friend, boyfriend, lover, husband. She knew her attacker in any case, there has got to be some type of DNA on the underwear and if sex was involved semen...

For all of those waiting on pins & needles for the identification announcement of SFJD, LE is working through her case details in which may take them a bit. Identifing her is one segment of this journey the second is identifying her killer, ya never know they may have been able to accomplish both at once. We all shall know soon enough and they will announce when they have accomplished what they need to do in her case, till then will patiently wait an announcement.

FB - DDP - 7/29/18

Margaret Press we expect they will announce her identity when they've finished all the details they need to take care of.

I wonder if they have DNA from her killer and they are using forensic genealogy now to ID him. . . And that's why it's taking so long. Similar to the process LE used to identify GSK.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back