Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Mollie was 20 but wasn't she only a rising sophomore? If so, the fact that she has psychology as her declared major may not mean anything much at all. A majority of kids change their majors especially after just 1 year of school. But also in many of the schools my daughters' friends have attended you don't get an advisor until you declare a major. So if psychology was a interest and had some classes she wanted to take and would fill some Gen Ed requirements, she may have just declared psychology. It may not be anything more than that.

This may be off the deep end and you will think I am crazy! However, we are looking at anything and everything.

I found this a bit odd - upthread Mollie’s father said she was his best man when he got married in June. Since she has a brother, why wasn’t he the best man? Are there problems in the family?

What is the relationship between Mollie and her brother?Has the brother been interviewed and cleared? Sorry to bring this up, however, with so many points unanswered, it does raise a question.

It sounds like Mollie and her brothers had an awesome relationship and looked out for each other. They were also cleared.

By the way, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Fitbit itself has some "social networking" features - you can have "friends", there are groups you can join (based on physical activities - running included), and there's a feed of posts from people in your groups talking about their latest hike/run, how many steps they did that day, etc. I'm only in the hiking group, but a week or two ago saw a notice from a couple who met through the hiking group and recently got married, so apparently some people use it.

Oh geeze that’s awful...that’s a perfect place for a “hunter” then. I honestly never heard of it. My older one who’s 22 says she heard of it but never used it. I doubt this app was used in this case to have anything to do with Mollie but that is seriously alarming if the wrong person does utilize it.
I'm going to ask my daughter about it too. She is about the same age as Mollie. And I know what my daughter will reply...."You read something about this on Websleuths, didn't you?"

It's possible that the fiancee was the target and not Mollie. The fiancee lived there, but Mollie was just there occasionally. Maybe this case is so odd (no press conferences, no family members begging, information very vague) because Mollie wasn't the original target and the FBI can't release information.
Only if the person hasn't been watching the house. Mollie mom said she basically lived there all summer.

She made it back to the apartment of her BF after her jog on Wednesday night. She sent him a SC at 10pm. Her computer puts her up and doing some kind of work on it late in the evening. The red shirt she was to wear on Thursday is missing. Her contacts and glasses are at the BF's apartment. Her Fitbit and phone are missing and believed to be with her. She didn't answer her phone at 7:30am Thursday.

Here is what I think. She was up and dressed on Thursday morning, maybe took the dogs for a walk and left the door unlocked behind her or she answered an early morning knock at the door, or someone slipped in through sliding glass doors and it was before she put her contacts in her eyes. I believe we are looking at a neighbor in one of the apartments who has been watching her and noticed that she was alone.

Look at the apartments that have windows/doors that face hers.

Just my opinion.

Or...the person who came to pick her up for work....coworker, neighbor??

That's just not true. Several cases have been referenced by previous posters in which a suspect was known almost immediately and often even publicly identified as NOT a suspect only for a later arrest. What may be obvious to LE or us is not necessarily "obvious" in court. Evidence takes time, especially if the general public is not thought to be at risk.

True..Scott Peterson was definately a suspect.. .They just never announced it. They were waiting on a body. But they were following him for months. They just don't announce to the public a formal suspect unless they have solid evidence.

Last edited:
Or...the person who came to pick her up for work....coworker, neighbor??
This is currently near the top of my list of theories.

What would really help is knowing more about her contacts.

Did she have more than one pair? Seems reasonable to think so, but we don't know. And did she need contacts to see distance rather than close up? I'm guessing she needed them for distance, but that is just a guess - but it means she could get ready in the morning without needing them. Dealing with her contacts could be one of the last things she does before leaving for work.

A set of contacts were still at home, which makes me think she was getting ready for work that morning but not quite ready to leave when she was interrupted.

But if they are simply a spare pair, the timeline opens up.

jmo

LE said something like this after Lizzie and Lyric disappeared. IIRC, they said something about having evidence that led them to believe the girls were alive - and we all know how that turned out.

In my experience, investigators will state that they are looking for a living victim until such time that they have proof that the victim is no longer alive.

Peterson was arrested as soon as they got the evidence. His arrest was also delayed because of family support for him.

I think we are all saying the same thing. If LE had all evidence they needed/wanted for desired charges, an arrest would be made. There is a lot of grey area in between having all needed evidence for a conviction and having no idea what happened and by whom. IMO, LE has a good idea but is still gathering evidence and potentially intentionally misleading or not clarifying information in hopes that will lead to more evidence (perp gets comfortable and slips up, for example). JMO.

To be very exact, we do not have confirmation of where Mollie went missing from. However we have the address of the house where she is presumed to be "dogsitting" that evening/morning. I started a case map and posted it in the media thread, brb with a link to it. ETA: IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

We may not have the exact address or Global coordinates but we sure have the town - she was last seen in Brooklyn IA, right? POPULATION 1500 - it has been 12 days! That is close to the number of folks in my HIGH SCHOOL graduating class! I am growing a bit testy about how LE/FBI is handling this case. Did they invite the FBI in but restricted what they could do?

Not a soul places her outside Brooklyn right? She vanished after 5something PM and whenever she was to report to work the next day right? That is the window of time we have.

So anyone, moving about or through Brooklyn IA may be a witness who can help the police.
LE are not releasing all of the information that they know. I am certain that they have a fair bit more information than what is known in the public domain and they will be narrowing down to a conclusion in the next few days.

I detest these sort of posts - sorry - I fully appreciate LE is working along and they can't disclose some details to the public. What I don't understand where this case goes is how the family apparently has been by LE they are waiting for a tip. Both the father and mother have now appeared on camera - and God forgive there is a crime here- their statements almost would lend a sense of relief to an evil soul, wouldn't it?

AND IOWA State Official - not FBI - on camera telling media that they have called more folks in to stamp down rumours. URGH.

This case is just being handled in an odd way to me. Why hasn't there been a press conference with all of the LE agencies standing there shoulder to shoulder with the biggest and baddest in great camera stance sending a strong, loud message they are coming for Mollie - and anyone who has information needs to be finding police before police find them instead!

I keep thinking about the truck stop right between the town and the pig farm...

I keep thinking about her black sports bra and dark shorts, long dark hair either in a ponytail or hanging free -

we don't know yet do we.

Are the people of Brooklyn IA afraid of something?

I apologize for my rant. I just truly hoped when I got home from the gym today there would be real news. OR the FBI would have assumed the lead and there would be something like a graphic with her possible routes, a time line, and most importantly a shredding of all of the rumors to help the public stay on the right page closing with phone numbers to the FEDs directly with tips.

I have a question - these corn fields are hundreds of acres out there right? Are the pig farms that large too?

What drives the economy of that tiny town? And how connected is Brooklyn when it comes to State?

This may be a bit off topic - but with all of the reports and investigations about the leadership and top tier of the FBI I should would appreciate the men in that agency out in IA doing what we know they can do and track down a 20 yr old girl in a town of 1500!

If you check out that link, the default app pics show geolocation as well. Very dangerous.
Just to let you know this had me search my younger daughter (19) in every way possible and I am thinking...”I am going to kick her butt if I find anything inappropriate” the whole time...seems to be all good. Lol it’s bad enough my girls were cross country runners too and the other goes out alone geo caching sometimes...it’s sad how simple things could change your life. My friends niece disappeared years ago...never found...foul play suspected...perhaps I am just paranoid.

We may not have the exact address or Global coordinates but we sure have the town - she was last seen in Brooklyn IA, right? POPULATION 1500 - it has been 12 days! That is close to the number of folks in my HIGH SCHOOL graduating class! I am growing a bit testy about how LE/FBI is handling this case. Did they invite the FBI in but restricted what they could do?

Not a soul places her outside Brooklyn right? She vanished after 5something PM and whenever she was to report to work the next day right? That is the window of time we have.

So anyone, moving about or through Brooklyn IA may be a witness who can help the police.

I detest these sort of posts - sorry - I fully appreciate LE is working along and they can't disclose some details to the public. What I don't understand where this case goes is how the family apparently has been by LE they are waiting for a tip. Both the father and mother have now appeared on camera - and God forgive there is a crime here- their statements almost would lend a sense of relief to an evil soul, wouldn't it?

AND IOWA State Official - not FBI - on camera telling media that they have called more folks in to stamp down rumours. URGH.

This case is just being handled in an odd way to me. Why hasn't there been a press conference with all of the LE agencies standing there shoulder to shoulder with the biggest and baddest in great camera stance sending a strong, loud message they are coming for Mollie - and anyone who has information needs to be finding police before police find them instead!

I keep thinking about the truck stop right between the town and the pig farm...

I keep thinking about her black sports bra and dark shorts, long dark hair either in a ponytail or hanging free -

we don't know yet do we.

Are the people of Brooklyn IA afraid of something?

I apologize for my rant. I just truly hoped when I got home from the gym today there would be real news. OR the FBI would have assumed the lead and there would be something like a graphic with her possible routes, a time line, and most importantly a shredding of all of the rumors to help the public stay on the right page closing with phone numbers to the FEDs directly with tips.

I have a question - these corn fields are hundreds of acres out there right? Are the pig farms that large too?

What drives the economy of that tiny town? And how connected is Brooklyn when it comes to State?

This may be a bit off topic - but with all of the reports and investigations about the leadership and top tier of the FBI I should would appreciate the men in that agency out in IA doing what we know they can do and track down a 20 yr old girl in a town of 1500!

There is zero evidence that the FBI has been limited or restricted. That wouldn't even make sense.

And this case is being handled in the same way multiple cases are across the nation. They're working the case and not giving us their info.

In terms of missing persons cases this has not been a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood