Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you feel differently in the event that key evidence in the case is later found to have originated at the farm? I am convinced there is some significance to these farm searches that we the public just don't understand yet. Also, what if the farm owners or their workers do have some knowledge about MT and chose to not share it with LE, could that change your opinion on sleuthing the farm owners? LE said she wasn't there when they searched the farms. So far as I can tell LE didn't say she was never there.

Definitely agree. To get the warrant, they had to have probable cause to search it. I wonder if her phone pinged from that area, or her phone/computer showed she searched those addresses recently

My mind immediately went to pig poop or something else found in the carpet or on the floor in the house, lol. But, I thought I remembered it being said that the pig farm was searched based on a tip. Does anyone else remember that?
Bolding mine. It sounds familiar but I don’t have a source and can’t rember too specifically other than it was sandwiched between the Fitbit data articles and the rumor articles. I personally think it was likely based on a tip but would be happily proven wrong with the release of more details.

My apologies, but I'm short on time and this case has exploded with posts. Is anyone willing to give me the 2-minute update regarding actual new developments? Thank you in advance. (I hate it when cases take off so fast that you can't find out facts unless you invest hours of time.)

I am just reading -on another group and also the Dubuque Police Department page- about the attempted abduction of a female jogger in Dubuque yesterday evening. Correct me if I am wrong I read a few days ago this town is not that far from Brooklyn, how many miles?
Does any of you think the two cases could be connected?

Yes, there was a post on FB last night that went viral about a woman who was jogging here in Dubuque last night when she had an interaction with someone. This info went viral on social media, which I won't post here, and some of those posts mentioned the MT case. Here is a MSM article about this: Dubuque police investigating reported attack on jogger

My apologies, but I'm short on time and this case has exploded with posts. Is anyone willing to give me the 2-minute update regarding actual new developments? Thank you in advance. (I hate it when cases take off so fast that you can't find out facts unless you invest hours of time.)
There aren’t any. Press conference tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck with that.. there doesn't seem to be any solid new developments IMO nothing has developed since the day she went missing.

Yes, there was a post on FB last night that went viral about a woman who was jogging here in Dubuque last night when she had an interaction with someone. This info went viral on social media, which I won't post here, and some of those posts mentioned the MT case. Here is a MSM article about this: Dubuque police investigating reported attack on jogger

Oh, and Dubuque is about 2.5 hours from Brooklyn...

Mollie’s dad did an interview tonight. He begged people to call in tips. Said the family has no idea if mollie got home from her jog. LE gives the family a general briefing each day. Family is hanging in there, but the focus should stay on Mollie.

Separately, LE has scheduled a press release for tomorrow afternoon. We don’t expect major announcements.

Well, to me, it certainly seemed as though a poster was suggesting that the fitbit was placed ON a pig. I could possibly have misinterpreted the post. IMHO, it's a stretch to think that a perpetrator would do such a thing. I wear a Fitbit Flex 2. Most people don't even recognize it as a fitness device. The one that Mollie appeared to be wearing in one of her pics is similar to mine. I doubt if a perpetrator would be focused on that or go to extreme lengths to use it to fool LE. And I think putting it on a pig qualifies as extreme lengths. I've only been around pigs once, and they did not strike me as particularly friendly creatures.

Fitbit wrist bands are not meant to last in mud.

2 cents - nothing has changed except the media announcement at 1:30 tomorrow. The father gave a video statement. Still trying to figure out if she did homework before or after 7:30 because it helps clarify whether she was abducted during her run or at home (doing homework).

To me, an opinion, I think she was abducted near the house sitting home by one or two people in a vehicle when she was jogging. I don't think she is alive. I think FBI are on it because they are aware of a number of unsolved abduction/murders of girls and women in the general area over the past 6 years.

Mostly just theories since day one other than a few LE statements. We are just a few hundred posts away from someone thinking the perp logged into her laptop and finished a bibliography and footnotes on any papers that she had to finish.

Probably smart tech transmission. I think the data must have triangulated to that general area. What are other possibilities for investigators to be searching an area 15 miles South of where she was supposed to be?
Well, law enforcement was quoted as saying that the searches they were conducting, not just at the farms (there was at least one location in town near a softball field) were based on tips.

Mostly just theories since day one other than a few LE statements. We are just a few hundred posts away from someone thinking the perp logged into her laptop and finished a bibliography and footnotes on any papers that she had to finish.

There is one fact i forgot to mention.. shes not at the hog farm!
I really hope theres something from the PC.

Since they appear to be searching multiple pig farms, there may be a tip or forensics that ties MT to a pig farm but not a specific pig farm.

I'm wondering if this was based on a valid tip like "my friend said he killed her and fed her to the pigs (so sorry, that's graphic) but he didn't say where" or if it was multiple tips based on the knowledge that most people would have pigs being pretty great at body disposal.

Another possibility is a lot of farmers own multiple farms, so a pig farmer may have pigs in multiple locations and may have multiple farm hands helping. Most farmers I know are family farms where the kids help out, but the bigger farms usually have high school and college aged non-related kids helping out too. If they have a suspect or at least have some questions about a particular person, he may have ties to all of those farms.

Bolding mine. It sounds familiar but I don’t have a source and can’t rember too specifically other than it was sandwiched between the Fitbit data articles and the rumor articles. I personally think it was likely based on a tip but would be happily proven wrong with the release of more details.
Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, a state agency investigating the case, said Thursday that there have been "a couple" searches of properties based on tips, but that to his knowledge none of them have required police to secure warrants because property owners have been cooperative.

One of those searches took place Wednesday night in southern Poweshiek County along Iowa Highway 21, but it did not result in anything, he said.

"There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.
Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member