Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got in off the road but I have managed to almost catch up. I shared shared shared and made sure all my truckers (the truckers missing child project) are up to date on Mollie.
Prayers and much anticipation for today's update.
I am so glad the rumor mill is not allowed or active on WS. Proud to be amongst you all.
Love and respect and let's find Mollie,
Chi
I second you comment about Prayers for today's update. A question for you if you don't mind. Do you have any insight into the types of truckers that maybe travel I 80 to service the farming or animal ag industries? How much tracking is done by huge fleet owners or are the truckers that service the animal ag or farming segments mainly independents that aren't subject to significant oversight by fleet owners - or is it a mixed bag? Someone had posted on here that the US Govt has mandated some level of GPS tracking for all trucks but I wondered if there were any exceptions. I don't know much about the ag industries that are such a big part of the region.

Another thought, maybe she decided to walk/jog to work part of the way and then hitchhiked, got a ride from a stranger, which led to an abduction. . . .
The reason I really lean toward an acquaintance abduction from the house is because her housemates were all out of town and she was alone. It's rare for someone to be abducted at all, but to be abducted when you happen to be alone in a house that is normally occupied by four adults coming and going just seems too coincidental.

Could be random abduction from the street....but I'm thinking it was someone who either knew she was home alone or found out she was home alone.

jmo

"Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told Fox News that no case facts will be laid out during the press conference."

Then I don't understand what the point is, why not just issue another press release and not hype everyone up with a "press conference" that they won't answer any questions during?

I'd still like to know why a BOLO was issued for Utah early on (esp. when we haven't heard of any connection MT has there) and then it seemed to just disappear.
Just like i said no case facts lol

The reason I really lean toward an acquaintance abduction from the house is because her housemates were all out of town and she was alone. It's rare for someone to be abducted at all, but to be abducted when you happen to be alone in a house that is normally occupied by four adults coming and going just seems too coincidental.

Could be random abduction from the street....but I'm thinking it was someone who either knew she was home alone or found out she was home alone.

jmo
Also, if she was alone for a short period of time, she'd probably be lonely and want some sort of companionship. Maybe she posted on her Snapchat Story something that indicated she was alone and missing her boyfriend? Or, maybe he posted on his Snapchat Story that he was away and an acquaintance saw it and knew Mollie would be alone. Just thinking here.

I'm still reading thread 6, but skipped here to make sure everyone knows there is a press conference today at 1:30 p.m. central time. Below this article www.kcci.com/article/new-details-expected-today-in-mollie-tibbetts-case/22600603, you can find the video with Mollie's dad. He does say "Come home, it will be OK". I remember when I 1st heard that, I was surprised to hear him saying that because it sounded to me like he thought she might of left voluntarily. Back to being way behind now! I don't think I'm every going to get caught up.

Could Mollie be pregnant and confided in her dad?

If LE has the press conference today I really hope they tell us where they think she was last. And the time.

It really matters to know where they suspect she was last. Whether that was at home or on a jog or at someone elses place doing homework.

It would help witnesses give tips. Because a witness may not provide a tip if they dont know she was even close to where they were at the time.

Even if LE dont know for sure they need to give us their best guess of last location and time. Their guess will be better than our guess because they have the most accurate information. Its well past time they tell us so the public can help them.

Its Overdue. This close to the vest stuff really bothers me when someone is still missing. I would rather have my daughter/son back and alive instead of a dead relative or them never ever coming back. And yes even if it means its harder to prosecute someone. What they fail to realize is there will still be other evidence they can use to prosecute including the victims own statements if we can get them back alive. Time is of the essence here.

At no time do I believe LE withholds information crucial to finding a live person just to build a theoretical future case. That would be evil and insane.

I think it's clear they have a good grasp of what happened (foul play) and have legitimate reasons to protect certain info.

I love you but I think accusing the FBI and DCI of wanting to build a case rather than find a girl, is super unfair and not realistic.

These folks are desperate to find her and everything in their being is devoted to her rescue. It affects them personally. These cases haunt them. I've seen it up close.

If they feel releasing info is what's needed to find a live girl they would've done it a long time ago.

No way in hell, IMO, are they stupidly or stubbornly withholding crucial info so they can maybe prosecute someone one day instead of helping a live Mollie come home safe.

That's actually a terrible accusation.

I think they probably believe she has met with foul play and is unlikely to be alive or that if she's alive and being held, any info they release could backfire and cause a perp to panic and kill her.

I wish we could give LE a break. Her family, who knows VASTLY more than we do, sure seem to trust them.

The only thing LE needs to do is to work like the professionals they are and not allow the public to dictate what information is released and when.

Last edited:
Stippling's post. Spot on.

13 days later no one's going to call in a "tip" unless LE releases new information to spark a random memory/force a tattle. and yes i do understand "close to the vest". but we're talkin' desperate measures at a desperate time.

someone has to squeal. pardon the hog farm pun. but i do believe that's what her father was trying to say. someone has to snitch. JMO.
I agree that the father was pleading for locals to stick their necks out and help. With the info flow to the public in this case being what it is, its impossible to verify exactly how helpful locals have been. I got an earful offline this am about the concept of "Iowa Nice". Being something of a sceptic, I'm not sure if Iowa Nice necessarily translates to possibly discussing uncomfortable information about friends, neighbors or fellow congregation members with LE. We shall see.

Don't take that one sentence in the interview out of context!!!!

The dad is crying in this video. He does not think she ran off to Vegas or is having a grand old time somewhere
The dad dont really offer any value to the case to me

jmo

Could be random or anyone that knew all 3 of the adults living in the home would be gone and MT would be there alone

"Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told Fox News that no case facts will be laid out during the press conference."

Then I don't understand what the point is, why not just issue another press release and not hype everyone up with a "press conference" that they won't answer any questions during?

I'd still like to know why a BOLO was issued for Utah early on (esp. when we haven't heard of any connection MT has there) and then it seemed to just disappear.

My guess is that the point is to obtain information, vs. release information. I'm hoping they will provide examples of "tips" similar to what has been discussed here such as, 1) Did you witness someone who was acting out of character late the 18th/early the 19th, IE: was a no call/no show to work, then turned up with scratches and bruises, etc. or 2) Do you have video footage of the 18th and/or 19th or 3) Have you noticed suspicious animal activity near your property... The possibilities of what constitutes that one all-important tip are almost endless.

Of course, I could be entirely off-base, but this would be something productive, if they're not going to release any actual case details. I also hope they will ask residents to search their property. Not only is Mollie missing, but her phone, fitbit, clothing and possibly key(s), earbuds, etc.

Don't take that one sentence in this interview out of context!!!! The reporter cruelly asked Mollie's dad what he would say to Mollie, so he had to say something.

The dad is crying in this video. He CLEARLY does not think Mollie ran off to Vegas or is having a grand old time somewhere.

I find it VERY interesting that in the article quoted above, the dad says the following, speaking about LE:

“What they have told us is their search is significant and aggressive,” Rob Tibbetts said. “It's nationwide.”

While heartbreaking, I don't really think this phrasing or "plea" is indicative of any real certainty that she's alive. I think it's a really common plea to make in that sort of situation from a loving parent.

Oh definitely. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. His other quotes from the article basically confirm that he is aware of the very strong likelihood of foul play. (“Nobody has any idea why,” he said. “Why? How this could happen in a place like Brooklyn, Iowa?”) I think he knows she's probably no longer alive, and is just trying to keep up hope and stay strong for the rest of his family as any good parent would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77