Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It touched me when Kevin Winker (Director of Investigative Operations at Iowa DPS) said this during the presser today (listened to and transcribed by me):

“And so, while I respect the fact that everybody wants to know what happened, and everybody wants to know what the details of the investigation are—you have to respect the fact that our investigators know what’s best for Mollie at this point—in terms of having the best probability of finding her.”

The “what’s best for Mollie” part is what got to me. I guess it put the human touch on the investigators’ part, told me that they’re not just going through the motions, they’re trying hard to bring Mollie—this vibrant young woman who is loved by many—home where she belongs.

Often times a good way to check if someone Mollie’s age have been conversating with someone is to check Facebook pictures likes. In the Facebook search bar you would type “photos liked by Mollie Tibbetts” and public pictures she has liked will appear. It can show someone’s state of mine based on memes or quote pictures they have liked, and has actually revealed a friend of mines husbands infidelities.
Point being, Mollie is young. She may not have been ready to settle down and may have kept options open considering her boyfriend worked long hours away. If not to be unfaithful, perhaps for attention or companionship while he was gone?
Just a thought - perhaps this is why law enforcement can’t narrow down if she willingly left with someone or was taken. Perhaps she had someone she had been chatting with stopped by, and she ran outside or had them inside- hence putting the dog downstairs so they wouldn’t bark if someone came in- or downstairs because she was stepping outside for a minute. Just a thought and a different look at this- grasping for straws basically and looking for new places to search for info.

There's a male co-worker that fits your description to a T, although not FB but a different SM site. Definitely a theory ive considered as well.

It touched me when Kevin Winker (Director of Investigative Operations at Iowa DPS) said this during the presser today (listened to and transcribed by me):

“And so, while I respect the fact that everybody wants to know what happened, and everybody wants to know what the details of the investigation are—you have to respect the fact that our investigators know what’s best for Mollie at this point—in terms of having the best probability of finding her.”

The “what’s best for Mollie” part is what got to me. I guess it put the human touch on the investigators’ part, told me that they’re not just going through the motions, they’re trying hard to bring Mollie—this vibrant young woman who is loved by many—home where she belongs.
Very touching and at the same time likely serving a dual purpose. He humanized her, which is likely an effort to speak to whoever took her. Its an effort to convince her abductor to come forward, and (attempts to) inhibit his ability to think of her as an object.

Another statement that points to the 18th rather than the 19th.

Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted

"Blake Jack said any scrutiny of him or his brother is unwarranted, saying that investigators have confirmed their whereabouts on the night Tibbetts vanished."

I would think if there was any question on when she disappeared, LE would have confirmed where everyone was from the last confirmed sighting until she was reported missing. I also think it's likely family and bf know far more about the timeline than what we've been told and were told not to discuss with the media/public.

These families in Brooklyn really do go way back.

I wonder if Balzer Kriegel was related to today's Sheriff Kriegel:

The day John Wayne got punched

Maybe Balzer Kriegel is in this photo?

1914-BHS-students-close-up-John-Wayne.jpg

Wayne’s first grade photo at the Brooklyn, Ia. schoolhouse in 1914. Courtesy of Brooklyn Historical Society

In a letter that he wrote to me in 1962, Wayne recalled his last stop in Iowa.

“My family and I lived in Brooklyn just before we moved to California. As a matter of fact, when we were packing our things to move to California, which was in the wintertime, sparks from the pot-bellied stove set the packing materials on fire. I was six years old at the time, and I vividly remember the fire.”
Tracing John Wayne’s Iowa roots: Iconic actor lived in Winterset, Earlham, Des Moines, Keokuk and Brooklyn -

Very touching and at the same time likely serving a dual purpose. He humanized her, which is likely an effort to speak to whoever took her. Its an effort to convince her abductor to come forward, and (attempts to) inhibit his ability to think of her as an object.
Yeah, I found a lot of his statements totally open to interpretation. I think that whole press event was very scripted and brilliant, incl. the 7 second pause. Should the abductor be watching, he or she will interpret such vagueness in his or her own favor, spin things to in some way make the abduction Mollie's idea. Something along those lines. Reading between the lines. I don't know if this makes sense.

Yeah, I found a lot of his statements totally open to interpretation. I think that whole press event was very scripted and brilliant, incl. the 7 second pause. Should the abductor be watching, he or she will interpret such vagueness in his or her own favor, spin things to in some way make the abduction Mollie's idea. Something along those lines. Reading between the lines. I don't know if this makes sense.
Yeah I know what you mean, it gives the abductor an "out."

Another statement that points to the 18th rather than the 19th.

Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted

"Blake Jack said any scrutiny of him or his brother is unwarranted, saying that investigators have confirmed their whereabouts on the night Tibbetts vanished."

I would think if there was any question on when she disappeared, LE would have confirmed where everyone was from the last confirmed sighting until she was reported missing. I also think it's likely family and bf know far more about the timeline than what we've been told and were told not to discuss with the media/public.
What makes you think LE didn't confirm that "everybody" was where they said they were? Be hard to clear them. I think we're the only ones with questions...

Maybe Balzer Kriegel is in this photo?

1914-BHS-students-close-up-John-Wayne.jpg

Wayne’s first grade photo at the Brooklyn, Ia. schoolhouse in 1914. Courtesy of Brooklyn Historical Society

In a letter that he wrote to me in 1962, Wayne recalled his last stop in Iowa.

“My family and I lived in Brooklyn just before we moved to California. As a matter of fact, when we were packing our things to move to California, which was in the wintertime, sparks from the pot-bellied stove set the packing materials on fire. I was six years old at the time, and I vividly remember the fire.”
Tracing John Wayne’s Iowa roots: Iconic actor lived in Winterset, Earlham, Des Moines, Keokuk and Brooklyn -

Sounds like Balzer had some... nerve.

Is it typical that we wouldn't be hearing about the alabis of the bf, his brother, her brothers, etc?

Not at all accusing them as I know they have been cleared and are therefore not to be discussed. Just asking if it's typical that the alabis of potential POIs are not out there.

e.g. "It could not have been Donald because seven witnesses put him at a gas station 200 miles away..." etc.

We've heard no specifics - to my knowledge - about the whereabouts of any potential POIs, and to my knowledge none of her online classmates are making public comments about her online activity. If she had been working on papers via Google Docs she might've been unseen, but so many online classes require daily message board posts, and I would think others would be out there saying if she had or had not posted anything that night.

ETA: by potential POIs I mean those that would typically be first to be accused - bf, siblings, etc. Is it weird that they are not elaborating on any alibis for anyone they have already determined was not involved? Not talking about any one of them, specifically, but rather *every* one of them has been quiet (I believe) about their own whereabouts except maybe the bf's brother today did state in that AP piece that he was visiting his GF who was out of town for work. It just seems odd that it's taken two weeks for us to even hear that.

Is it typical that we wouldn't be hearing about the alabis of the bf, his brother, her brothers, etc?

Not at all accusing them as I know they have been cleared and are therefore not to be discussed. Just asking if it's typical that the alabis of potential POIs are not out there.

e.g. "It could not have been Donald because seven witnesses put him at a gas station 200 miles away..." etc.

We've heard no specifics - to my knowledge - about the whereabouts of any potential POIs, and to my knowledge none of her online classmates are making public comments about her online activity. If she had been working on papers via Google Docs she might've been unseen, but so many online classes require daily message board posts, and I would think others would be out there saying if she had or had not posted anything that night.
The police have kept a tight lid on the investigation, but they have said that they have ruled out the boyfriend. He’s the only one they have gone that far with, as far as I know.

And I think by saying there will be another PC on Friday, perhaps they're hoping she will be released before then? And sending a message to that suspected someone that they have a few days before things are publicly stated again (and they can be under the radar more than they would have if they keep her longer???).

a reward of $2k might appeal to a meth head who may have seen something...a motivator to get them to come forward and talk...

You took the words right out of my mouth. Generally I agree that rewards...even more substantial rewards...aren’t the great motivator some would hope for. Especially in a small Iowa town. However, if you do have drug addicts who saw something or knew something, $2,000 is a LOT.

[
What makes you think LE didn't confirm that "everybody" was where they said they were? Be hard to clear them. I think we're the only ones with questions...

I do think LE confirmed alibis for bf and brother (and probably 200 others) and I'm sure they checked out that entire period. I just think it's interesting that he specifically stated "the night she disappeared" as well as the presser statement about the evening of the 18th being important.

No one close to the investigation is talking about the morning of the 19th, but it's been the popular theory that she went missing that morning prior to work. I thought for sure she went missing that morning, either her planned ride or crime of opportunity was responsible. But if something happened that evening, it opens some different options for me personally.

The police have kept a tight lid on the investigation, but they have said that they have ruled out the boyfriend. He’s the only one they have gone that far with, as far as I know.

Right... I do understand that part. I just wondered if it's odd that others are not out there confirming their alibis. Not even suggesting it is telling about anything in any way, just curious if it is normal.

For instance, if someone I knew was missing and I had seen her sister in WalMart at the time she disappeared, *I* would be telling people I knew the sister didn't do it because she was out shopping at that time.

All of those individuals who would've been the first line suspects were cleared / had alabis. I assume secondary people corroborated their alibis. And yet none of those secondary people are discussing what they know with the media. Does LE ask secondary witnesses like that to keep what they know to themselves?

a reward of $2k might appeal to a meth head who may have seen something...a motivator to get them to come forward and talk...

JMO
Found an interesting link about rewards. Some good information in the link. Lots of considerations to think about. One thing I had not heard about and havent seen it followed is this.

"Decide on the maximum amount of the reward in the first offer and stick to it, because if you raise the amount later, people may wait for a more lucrative offer before calling in a lead."

In other cases we have seen rewards be increased to generate more interest after a case dies down so these guidelines are not always followed.

When Your Child Is Missing: A Family Survival Guide

TRANSCRIPT:
WEBVTT <WE ARE FIGHTING. THAT'S ALL WE CAN DO.> Holding back tears - Rob Tibbetts stands in front of missing poster with his daughter's picture. Her photo is plastered everywhere around Brooklyn. <SHE IS A REAL PERSON. NOT A MISSING GIRL ON A POSTER.> Tibbetts lives in California, but dropped everything when he got the call that his daughter was missing. <NOBODY HA ANY IDEA WHY. WHY? HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN IN A PLACE LIKE BROOKLYN IOWA?> FBI Agents are still in Brooklyn. Authorities say there is nothing new to report publicly on the search for the missing 20-year- old. But they are still working hard. <WHAT THEY HAVE TOLD US IS THERE SEARCH IS SIGNIFICANT AND AGRESSIVE. IT'S NATIONWIDE.> It's still unclear if Mollie returned to he boyfriend's house after her jog on July 18th. Investigators don't want to reveal what they call the "solid timeline" they've pieced together. <THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANYBODY AN ADVANTAGE WHO MIGHT BE INVOLVED IN THIS.> <FLYERS AROUND THE TOWN OF BROOKLYN HAVE GROWN INTO GIANT POSTERS LIKE THIS ONE. THE FAMILY SAYS A STEADY STREAM OF TIPS IS COMING INTO THIS NUMBER, BUT THEY WANT PEOPLE TO KEEP CALLING.> <IT IS VALUABLE AND IT IS DRIVING THE SEARCH AND THE INVESTIGATION.> No piece of information is too small or insignificant. Tibbetts says it could be the clue that brings his daughter home. <JUST CALL THE NUMBER. THINK. CALL. YOU COULD MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. Mollie is supposed to start her sophomore year at the University of Iowa. A psychology major - she's always wanted to work with kids. <EVERYONE THINKS THEIR DAUGHTER IS EXTRAORDINARY AND I AM THE SAME. I THINK MOLLIE IS EXTRAORDINARY .> Now - Tibbetts says he won't stop fighting for his little girl. Monday he had this message for Mollie. < ) JUST COME HOME. IT WILL BE OKAY.>
'Just come home': Mollie Tibbetts' father shares emotional plea

'Just come home': It will be okay~a quote from Mollie Tibbetts dad..it sounds to me like her father is reassuring Mollie it will be okay.. as in she left willingly. My opinion only..just sounds strange to me..her dads plea to Molly to come home..unless he knows something that we aren't privy to. Hmm..now I'm questioning whether she was abducted or left of her own free will...

This is a call to action. There is something anyone here can do to potentially help. Post the tip line, share it, use the logic and wisdom you’ve shown here to encourage others to do the same via SM. Audibly back Brooklyn and surrounding areas, especially, to encourage contacts to be courageous and jog their memories for any detail their intuition flags.

It is easy to believe you cannot help influence change, but the truth is you can.

This is also an appeal for caution — many deduce reasons details are being withheld. If you believe said deductions, discretion might be a sage fortress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500