Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link, please, if there is something going on in the basement. tia

Link, please? As a reminder to newer folks: those who venture to “the parking lot” - formerly called the basement- (where scanner threads, among others, are located): please note that we’re not allowed to discuss that info here on this thread.

(Non-members can read here. Basement is members only.)

Hope I am allowed to do this...if not, please forgive me.

POWESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- There is a large police presence off of Highway 21 in Poweshiek County.

police-presence-poweshiek.jpg

The police presence is between Guernsey and Deep River.

Property owners in the area tell TV9 the police presence is related to the search for missing 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

<modsnip 10 percent>

Investigators have told TV9 previously that they were confident on Tibbetts' digital footprint, but they did not release any information as to where that was.

Stay with TV9 for the latest information.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF something was found, could take a while for lab processing.

ETA: but thinking more about this, IF something obvious was found, say Fitbit or clothing, I would anticipate them to remain there longer.

Last edited:
The pig farm is a bit of a distance from where she was staying. I’m curious what would bring someone into Brooklyn that isn’t from there. Visiting someone? Do they have many stores or businesses there? It seems more likely that someone would drive from Brooklyn out to the pig farm to dispose of a body than go from the area of the pig farm, into Brooklyn for a random girl, and then back home to dump the body. JMO though.

I've been lurking here and over on Reddit ever since this case captivated me. I, like several others, was sitting on my hands waiting for the news of this huge LE presence at the hog farm to become "official."

I am just wondering if that press conference was set for right around the time the first LE vehicles started to show up near the hog farm as a way to distract people in town from what was going on. Otherwise, it seems like a very eerie coincidence. I think the PC was called as part of a larger plan.

Or they knew that something was possibly being searched if th
Where is the basement?

I'd love to know this as well!

I live in NY (just outside of NYC), and didn’t lock my doors for years-but I always had dogs that appeared frightening to people who didn’t know them. If someone really wants to come into your house badly enough, they’ll get in, locks or no locks. Of course, it’s better not to make it easy for them-and better still to make sure they don’t want to get in there.
(IMO the days of keeping your doors unlocked are long gone...it doesn’t matter where you live, things can happen anywhere. To me it’s not worth the risk.)

(ETA: even if I step outside for a quick minute to check the mail or walk the dogs, I still lock the door. Sometimes I feel lazy and have a little argument with myself but end up locking it. AND taking my phone. Always have your phone wth you folks.)

Last edited:
The pig farm is a bit of a distance from where she was staying. I’m curious what would bring someone into Brooklyn that isn’t from there. Visiting someone? Do they have many stores or businesses there? It seems more likely that someone would drive from Brooklyn out to the pig farm to dispose of a body than go from the area of the pig farm, into Brooklyn for a random girl, and then back home to dump the body. JMO though.

There is a major highway and two large truck stops within a few miles.

Its only a 15 minute drive, young adults especially drive around alllll the time. Thats what we do in the country when we are bored.

People most definitely did get away with this in 1980. And 1880. And 1780. Need I go on? Evil has existed as long as mankind has. In my opinion.

I am curious about the parents offering ransoms. Do you have any statistics indicating how successful this was in having a loved one returned alive? I only followed true crime cases casually back in the 80’s, so I’m unfamiliar.

It's generally never successful, unless the victim's families are stupid and try to pay the ransom without notifying authorities. The kidnappers get caught when they contact the family, or they get caught when they pick up the ransom.

I know; I was wondering if they do find her if they will hold off until tomorrow's scheduled press conference?
No, I don't think they will hold off -- they will certainly visit the family, and then they will announce it, IMO. It will get out there one way or another, so seems to me they would want it announced correctly. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard