Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this theory is: why then did she not have her eyeglasses or contacts? I also think her not having her wallet (if she's leaving for the day) is a slight problem.

This is why I prefer the idea that the abduction took place at the house first thing in the morning or between midnight and 4am (while she was sleeping). If the perp had a gun, this would explain why there are no signs of struggle.

I wondered about the eyeglasses and contacts at first. Then I realized that everyone I know has more than one set of contacts. Some have boxes of them.

For some reason I just can't shake the theory that she was abducted while she walked to her Mom's very early the next morning.

Your idea makes sense, as well. Especially since her boyfriend confirmed that they were not in the habit of locking doors.

I am looking forward to the press conference at 9:30 a.m.

His history of stalking makes him no more a suspect than the two registered sex offenders in the area. I guess my feeling on him at this point is its way too obvious for it to be him and him to not already have been at least detained. They've been searching "non-stop" near that area for two weeks according to the reports today, they took pictures all over his house, they questioned him for 2hrs, and they had his phone at their disposal overnight, I would think all those experts get something out of all that by now if its him.

I read earlier today somewhere else a stat from the NY Times that's applicable here: only 11% of murders are committed by strangers to strangers (and Cheney & Mollie were strangers as in we know of instance that the two met or had a conversation).

With that in mind, I agree with your comments.

Going to do my old list of points. Let me know if I don't have something right or I've missed something.

Well, it's a small thing, but I might add that she was working on her computer to the note about working "late" on Wednesday night. And I might also add that she was in the habit of running in sports-bras, as this may explain what drew the perp's attention to her. I like the list, though.

Hello all, I'm new. I've been following/lurking since thread 4, and this is my first and last case I'll follow. I dont know how you all can do it but I'm here for this one.

I think that LE think she is around because there is cause to believe more than one person is involved in her abduction. My opinion. Maybe even someone picked her up and passed her to someone else, which is why traficking was referenced by others not involved who are in the public eye in this case.

Maybe they found evidence but no sign of anything violent. Like they found they made her change clothes, fitbit transferred last bits info like heartbeat from the spot maybe the phone was left before it was out of range?

Also sort of odd, I swear I seen a news article a week before the WC interview, and this persons initials are JC, same last name talking about the initial searches same area.

Thats all for now. Please god let Mollie be safe!
Welcome to Websleuths. I completely understand how difficult it can be to follow one of these cases. I've been a member since Caylee Anthony disappeared ten years ago but take VERY long breaks in between cases but I'm always drawn back by cases like Mollie's - cases that are difficult to solve. The last few I've followed have been solved so I'm hopeful this one will be also.

I would really like to know why they’re focused on that area as well. As a local I’ll tell you it makes no sense. Anybody leaving Brooklyn and heading south might take Hwy 21 but they would just be passing through. There’s got to be a reason they’re focused on Hwy 21 between Guernsey and Deep River but I have no idea what that reason could be.

Hm. Maybe they do believe she, and/or the perp, left the state, hence the quick and large FBI presence.

Her dad said that? That he would pressure her to marry? What if she wanted a life outside of Iowa, as her post about NYC hinted? And her BF is a smalltown guy who wants to stay one? And doesn’t she have two or so more years of university?

Yes the Dad said exactly that and I was shocked to read it in one of the interviews. It was an eye opener.

He was saying it to explain how nice the BF seemed to him but those were his exact words and it floored me. Will try to find the news link.

I don’t think it’s him either, but they may be waiting for a body to arrest anyone

Yes, but if there were a point in time where they felt confident in their perp and their expertise, they would detain and try to get the confession and location of the body, this seems more likely especially prudent in very rural areas with vast terrain. I'm just saying if it were him I would expect them to be at that point by now given what we know about the focus thus far. But its JMO.

Hm. Maybe they do believe she, and/or the perp, left the state, hence the quick and large FBI presence.
The FBI is called in on crimes that cross state lines, but they can also be called in by law enforcement when they simply need the resources and expertise. I believe that LE said at some point that the FBI was there for the latter reason.

Another thing is... This case has me thinking about my daily routines I have and what I always do vs. random events.

1 thing I have done, every day for 10 + years, when I first wake up is; text my mom good morning... or she text me,it’s kinda a race of who text first... sometimes I won’t do it first thing, but I make sure to do it when I first remember. So, if this didn’t happen tomorrow by noon, red flags would be up and Either me or my mom would be on the hunt to figure out why.

Your daily Routine, sometimes is the best thing that could help an investigation.

Just sharing for others to set up some type of system with a loved one.

Otto;
I followed Lizzie and Lyrics missing case. I wondered if you had watched this video on KWWL of the area they were searching late afternoon today. Ive copied a quote of mine from the previous thread. The landscape appeared so similar of the location I remember where the cousins were found. Check it out.
and goodnight all

KWWL

jmo

Let me have a look. Thank you! This is what I've been looking for.

This afternoon I was researching bridges with fishing / hunting areas nearby, creek or slow river.

Technical issues with video, can you post the location google coordinates or something like that?

Her dad said that? That he would pressure her to marry? What if she wanted a life outside of Iowa, as her post about NYC hinted? And her BF is a smalltown guy who wants to stay one? And doesn’t she have two or so more years of university?

This link below isnt the exact one but its close. There was another one more direct and I will try to find that one. You get the idea though how his feelings were about it from this one.

"She’s been dating Dalton Jack for three years and Rob Tibbetts said he can’t wait for them to get married"

Father of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts wants help, not sympathy

Nah, suicide can be ruled out. She was happy & looking forward to a variety of things. And her body would already have been found.
Not necessarily true.. local case here and the victim was found, hanging in a tree, from suicide, months later. Sometimes LE doesn’t look up or search in the trees, just on the ground or whatever is in front of them.

If morning was the time something happened to her, I don't necessarily find lack of texts to family odd. It sounds like from all we know, her bf did not respond to a snap or send texts to her overnight, not until the next morning to say good morning (that went unread). Bro didn't text until 730 about the car (no response). She wouldn't really have reason to text or call her mom.

If she did sleep in the house that night and something happened the next morning early, we don't know that she didn't use her phone to contact someone. It may not have been these family members. It could have been she was in contact with someone else that LE knows and is not saying. They have said they are confident in her digital footprint. So overnight/early AM, perhaps someone made contact with her. I don't think I am ruling out something happening early AM just because she didn't contact family or bf. And as far as other phone usage, she could have and only Mollie, the perp, and LE know it.

I think she went missing without a ride to work. If she'd planned a ride with someone she would have 1) told her family she didn't need the car and/or 2) had some call phone evidence that she talked to someone about getting a ride. If #2, LE would have that person on the hot seat, and have a definite suspect, or that person would have come forward and helped solidify the timeline by saying they spoke to her (late night, likely) to plan a ride, but that she wasn't there when they showed up that morning to get her.

Maybe. Unless they have come out saying something else about their contact with her in the critical hours.

Not necessarily true.. local case here and the victim was found, hanging in a tree, from suicide, months later. Sometimes LE doesn’t look up or search in the trees, just on the ground or whatever is in front of them.

The FBI is there. There are probably 40-50 LE officials looking for her. The entire country is watching. Not to mention she was happy & looking forward to her life. I don't mean to be disagreeable, but suicide just isn't plausible here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member