Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement wouldn’t be doing their job if they didn’t investigate this possibility, regardless of the feelings of family members who know better. I see where you are coming from, but I think it’s wrong to let sentiment get in the way of objective thinking.
Yes so as sleuths regardless it is a thing we must ask. The only prettiness is solving.

There very well might have been, and I assume so. I just don’t remember that particular detail. I’m going on the assumption that police followed protocol and searched the house thoroughly.

I guess FBI had a warrant by the 23rd:

"On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé."

Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

Good point KKDJ if the dogs were bugging her maybe she put them down there while trying to finish up her homework
Strong storms hit that morning and my dog freaks out before bad weather

Maybe she decides to go quick grab her moms car while they're still down there so she will not have to mess with it in the morning

Now that places her walking at night to her moms for the car

Uggh I need sleep

Otto
I feel like the dogs being put away makes it more likely she made it to the morning
After she makes it back from the run I can't think of why the dogs are put back in basement unless she is leaving for the day

I have to agree with what someone else posted : that she most likely wanted to have the car sorted out in the evening so she could get up and go straight to work in the morning. I think it's unlikely that she chose to change car plans and leave her brother to call at 7:30AM wondering what's up with rides.

If someone entered the house after she went to bed, that person would most likely first insist that she control the dogs.

I'm just going to throw this out there again. When I first started following this case it smelled like a stalker to me. As it progressed with poor and conflictive reporting I thought it was someone she knew that took her. I also have wondered if someone accidentally hit her with their vehicle and hid her out of their own fears. All of these scenarios would be someone in or near town.
I have never once thought Mollie ran away or committed suicide. That just doesn't seem like part of the equation to me. Of course it could be a random kidnapper but that's pretty random imo.

Law enforcement wouldn’t be doing their job if they didn’t investigate this possibility, regardless of the feelings of family members who know better. I see where you are coming from, but I think it’s wrong to let sentiment get in the way of objective thinking.
Not gonna beat the topic to death but there is NO evidence that points to self-harm. LE has long been looking for an actual perp, so I feel confident that they don't feel this was a suicide either. Nothing to see here...

Not gonna beat the topic to death but there is NO evidence that points to self-harm. LE has long been looking for an actual perp, so I feel confident that they don't feel this was a suicide either. Nothing to see here...
On that fact we are and have been, in complete agreement.

Somewhere I saw that Mollie was an animal lover and would have slept with the dogs upstairs with her. If they were found in the basement, she put them there when she left for the day. IMO.
Or never made it back home from her jog.
Or put them in there because they were bugging her while she was trying to study.

Well I think it’s good to explore all possibilities, and that is one of them. Although I absolutely disagree that this is anything other than foul play.

I am pretty much convinced at this point that MT's disappearance is a result of foul play also, but I've definitely considered the other possibilities (voluntarily missing, suicide, accident). I haven't heard LE rule out any of those other scenarios, either, but that doesn't mean LE believes she ran off to start a new life or committed suicide any more than you or I believe that's why she's missing.

Or put them in there because they were bugging her while she was trying to study.
Agree on both points. I work from home and occasionally my dogs get removed from my office because they decide to be high maintenance at an inconvenient moment.

Three family members have said that Mollie was on her computer doing homework after her run. It's not official, but it sounds authentic.

Assuming that she did arrive home after her run, and did do homework, wouldn't she have let the dogs out of the basement? She wouldn't have put them back in the basement until the following morning when she left for work.

The problem is that other things she should have done, like sort out the car, were not done, so it seems like she stopped communicating after her homework, and before she wrapped things up for the next day.

Did she typically send evening snapchat?

Mollie was well loved by family and friends. Most people that commit suicide leave a note and there was no such note.

*I tried to include this post as a quote but for some reason, it is not included. I wonder how I can include the quote? Sorry, new member silly questions...

Three family members have said that Mollie was on her computer doing homework after her run. It's not official, but it sounds authentic.

Assuming that she did arrive home after her run, and did do homework, wouldn't she have let the dogs out of the basement? She wouldn't have put them back in the basement until the following morning when she left for work.

The problem is that other things she should have done, like sort out the car, were not done, so it seems like she stopped communicating after her homework, and before she wrapped things up for the next day.

Did she typically send evening snapchat?
We don't know that she didn't secure a ride. We don't know the timeline on her computer and we don't know that she ever left for work in the morning.

Was Mollie's "work" at the daycare one and the same as her internship at the Grinnell Regional Medical Center? Is that what generated her online homework?
. . . and working on homework late into the evening really contradicts a suicide theory for me.

Was Mollie's "work" at the daycare one and the same as her internship at the Grinnell Regional Medical Center? Is that what generated her online homework?
. . . and working on homework late into the evening really contradicts a suicide theory for me.
Exactly. That and the facts as we know them, absolutely lead away from that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle