Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, the fashion police should arrest him.
View attachment 140964

I have a pickup truck, 2 tractors and live in the boonies with my wife and 3 dogs. I dress like this pretty much every day. I also work from home 50 hours a week for a real company that is nowhere near my house. I would look just like this on my front porch except for the socks........

I had not thought of that point. That certainly would lead to a stronger timeline that we have.
LE said they are confident in the timeline. This could have definitely been a contributor to that.

I keep getting a baaaaad feeling about the cornfields and how thick and tall the corn is at the moment. Someone could be in there and not be seen.

Yup. And also, I still wonder if someone hit her while she was jogging, intentionally or not, and she flew into the corn fields, though I guess her phone would still ping and they would be able to find her relatively quickly. I guess if someone hit her and panicked, they could have disposed of the body elsewhere though

My mind is pretty well set on a stranger or some distant acquaintance that came by and offered her a ride home or someplace she wanted to go. I think she had jogging clothing on and the things a jogger normally takes. For some reason this person got pretty darn lucky with nobody seeing him/her. But that's the way things go with these kinds of cases. A moment and somebody's gone and nobody saw anything!

I keep getting a baaaaad feeling about the cornfields and how thick and tall the corn is at the moment. Someone could be in there and not be seen.

Cornfields are one of the easiest types of ground cover to search. A group of people can 100% cover a corn field easily in a short amount of time. That said, there are way too many square miles of corn to search it all.

Yup. And also, I still wonder if someone hit her while she was jogging, intentionally or not, and she flew into the corn fields, though I guess her phone would still ping and they would be able to find her relatively quickly. I guess if someone hit her and panicked, they could have disposed of the body elsewhere though
Generally if people hit someone and do the wrong thing, they flee. They do not take the body with them. If she was hit, they would have almost certainly found the body, and possible physical evidence of that occurring (car parts, blood). Also her phone would have been found by now. It’s possible of course that hitting her was intentional, with the intent of kidnapping her.

I believe someone local to the area mentioned that the corn/crops are so thick and tall that the drones flying overhead can't really see what is at ground level.
That’s why they used dogs and infrared from the air. A heat signature would still be detectable, even with high corn.

I agree with the folks who have said if it was a mom and pop run hardware store, it's possible that they don't know if one bottle of this or one item of that was taken. It may be almost impossible to note and maybe they don't have surveillance cameras.

It could also be possible that someone broke glass with the intent to steal items but maybe got spooked, saw headlights coming, etc. and abandoned the burlgary part of their plan. Again all speculation but it is interesting there is vandalism/possibly burglary the same night she goes missing in what is otherwise a quiet town.

As you said, element of surprise. Appointment in a few days has no element of surprise.
There is no need for element of surprise they already have taken their initial interview. It seems that there is pressure being placed on him right now. The FBI knows he isn’t going anywhere plus he refused a polygraph. Pro tip #1 if the FBI ever asks you to take a polygraph Lawyer up.

Weird they keep going back to the pig farm. Look what a special agent said July 27:

"They also searched a pig farm several times near Guernsey, Iowa, about 10 miles south of Brooklyn. Richard Rahn, special agent in charge of the Iowa Department of Public Safety's Division of Criminal Investigation, told ABC News it's "not uncommon" to go back to a site and conduct additional searches as tips come in.

Rahn declined to reveal what clues, if any, investigators may have found at the pig farm. But he said one thing is for certain -- Tibbetts isn't there.

"I can tell you she's not there
. Aside from that, I'm not sure what I'm able to release, but she's certainly not there," Rahn said in an interview July 27.

The disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline
Yes, I recall that being posted several threads back and found it interesting.

Here is link to State of Iowa Missing Persons website. I looked for specific requirement on when a missing person's report can be filed and there doesn't seem to be a time restriction (i.e., you have to wait 24 hrs).

Chapter 694

694.1 Missing Persons

As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, "missing person" means a person who is missing and meets one of the following characteristics:

1. Is physically or mentally disabled.
  2. Is missing under circumstances indicating that the missing person's safety may be in danger.
  3. Is missing under circumstances indicating that the disappearance was not voluntary.
  4. Is an unemancipated minor.

For purposes of this chapter an "unemancipated minor" means a minor who has not married and who resides with a parent or other legal guardian.
84 Acts, ch 1084, §1;90 Acts, ch 1051, §1; 90 Acts, ch 1233, § 40

My guess would be that the local LE took the report based on either #2 or #3. Any legal folks out there that could shed some light on this?
I think it would just be under 2 or 3. LE have some discretion in determining the breadth of definition of “danger.” For example, someone suddenly unreachable and evidence points to a deviation in typical schedule could point to “danger,” i.e., that a person has so significantly deviated from their daily routine and their whereabouts is called into question could be viewed as a dangerous situation.

I believe someone local to the area mentioned that the corn/crops are so thick and tall that the drones flying overhead can't really see what is at ground level.

Cornfields are so dense these days it is ridiculous. A normal intelligent person could get lost in them -- child do. You cannot see through the foliage.

The only way to search those cornfields would be with dogs..... but WHICH fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam