Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this probably gets resolved when she calls her dad. She's in a hell of a predicament right now, I'm a lot older and more experienced dealing with sticky situations and I have no idea how I'd get out of this mess - I'd probably call my dad too.
And then Molly gets the reward money?

I couldn't find any, either, but I'm several hours past my bedtime and my eyes are blurring up...
I’ll go ahead and create threads for them, give me a few minutes. :)

Need to double check that is msm...
ETA the links you provided seem to be from the Iowa DPS...going to flag a mod to find out if this is acceptable as a sufficient source.

@SharonNeedles If she is in touch with her mom, they would be able to trace that. They traced cell and burner phones of Sabrina Limon and Jonathon Hearn. Jonathon killed Sabrina's husband with likely encouragement from Sabrina. The recordings are bonkers. Lots of praying about hoping to get away with murder. Not kidding.
Certainly they could track down a burner phone. But even if LE knew for a fact that Mollie had contacted her mom they would need to treat this as a potential abduction until the can actually locate her and ensure that she’s not in danger. If contact could have been made under duress it’s still a potential abduction.

Reactions: TRB
I might expect a digital trail in the morning, such as texting to her mother or bf, but not necessarily. If such an action was not part of her typical routine then we'd have nothing further from which to sleuth.

YES. I am really curious about her morning routine, in terms of texts, etc.

My daughter texts me in the early morning, routinely. She looks at her phone as she has her morning coffee. And she sends out texts about that day's schedule, etc. , to various people. So I wonder if Mollie had a similar routine.

Can you tell us about the search today at the "bog" in Guernsey? Flood plain, or just a low lying area? I live in drought stricken California, bog is not in my vocab : )
Is the bog near anything?

I remember seeing a mention of a 'bog' somewhere that seemed like a clear typo for 'hog.'

Sorry, I missed the part about contacting her mom.

Is there reason to believe she placed a phone call to her mom’s place?

This could just be the slant the local paper put on the DCI comment the could be read as a connection and in actuality questions and answers were posed differently.
Woman's body found in rural Lee County > PenCityCurrent.com
Okay this is troubling for 2 reasons even if not Mollie. One because she is a person, and 2 due to the timing and location. What is the exact distance? Tia. (Sorry if covered already, trying to keep up here, guess I could google...)

@SharonNeedles Or, she may have fallen into depression. She appears to have quite a lot on her plate, like most young adults. A relationship, college, some transportation challenges, a job...and that's just the facts that we know. The smiling photographs that are being published...these are posed, they appear to be high school pictures. They may have no bearing whatsoever on her current state of mind. High school life is worlds away from adulthood and college. People do get depressed; and athletes are not exempt.

And then Molly gets the reward money?
If Mollies parents weren't sure she wasn't taken against her will, why would they be raising all this money
I think mom made it pretty clear that if whoever she’s with would just bring her home they can have the money. She’s talking directly to them.
So you think they are talking to whoever is with her, not necessarily who might be holding her against her will?

If Mollies parents weren't sure she wasn't taken against her will, why would they be raising all this money

So you think they are talking to whoever is with her, not necessarily who might be holding her against her will?
Just trying to understand your thinking

I think this probably gets resolved when she calls her dad. She's in a hell of a predicament right now, I'm a lot older and more experienced dealing with sticky situations and I have no idea how I'd get out of this mess - I'd probably call my dad too.
I hate speculating about her relationships but she seems to have a special, good relationship with her dad. I get that from her being his "best man" at his recent wedding. It feels like she wouldn't want to let him down like this. Ack. I don't like doing that because I really have NO idea about any of her relationships.

PS. is that a T rex eye?

I think mom believes Mollie couldn’t possibly leave by choice. She knows Mollie is alive, and if it couldn’t possibly be by choice it must be an abduction. Mom doesn’t care, she just wants Mollie returned safely (as specified in that huge reward) and she’s willing to pay for it regardless of the circumstances.

When I was in my early twenties there were two horrific murder cases in the city where I lived. They were unrelated, just happened to occur the same week. The way they were treated could not have been more different and was a real eye opener for me.

One crime occurred in the inner city.

The other happened in a wealthy suburb of the city. It happened to be the highest per capita income suburb in the entire state.

Each crime had three victims. All were young people.

The suburb crime murder victims were two teenagers and a man who was I think 19 or 20. All were white. The home was in a neighborhood of very large, very expensive homes.

The inner city crime murder victims were young as well, two teenagers and a young woman who was I think 25 or 26, and who was pregnant. These victim were black. These murders occurred in the apartment where the victims lived.

The media coverage of the white victims was extensive: front page, headlines, day after day for a week or more. Pictures of the large and beautiful home, pictures of the beautiful neighborhood, interviews with the neighbors, shock from the tv news reporters that such a crime could happen in this suburb, in this neighborhood, to this family.
Then there was extensive coverage again at the one year anniversary of the crime, two year, five year, and recently the twenty year anniversary.

The black victims crime was buried in the back pages of the paper. Brief mention for a day or two on the tv news.

Local leaders and government officials expressed outrage about the crime in the suburbs. LE stated repeatedly that they were prioritizing this crime above all others.

I remember wondering at the time how the family members of the inner city crime must feel, seeing the constant media coverage of the three white murder victims, while their own loved ones barely rated a mention on the local newscast.

How do the families of the victims of crimes feel, when other cases are prioritized?

The suburb murders of the three white victims were quickly solved. I honestly don’t know if the inner city black victim murders were ever solved. The story fell out out the news quickly, with very few updates.

I realize this is off topic. I don’t even know why I felt the need to post this story here. Just something that has always bothered me. Sorry for the rambling on.

By the way, I am white and lived in the suburb.

It's not off topic. It's sensitive and important.

And someone asked why.

We need to care about all missing people and all victims of crime as much as we care about lovely, young white women like Mollie.

I miss Los2188. He posted SOOO many new cases and many of them were people of color that may not have gotten the attention they got but for the fact that he researched, found them and created threads.

God love him.

Hopefully we can all agree that LE has budgets and limited resources - and - more cases than manpower can handle (unfortunately)!

Simple math makes it Obvious to me that they know she didn't kidnap herself (Lebowski reference)......

Conservatively - 40 detectives at $50 an hour ( again, conservatively) = $16,000 a day (8 hours - I know it's low)

15 + days and they've already spent $240,000

Add in minimal expenses for hotel, food, gas, et al and you're well beyond $300,000

$300,000 (so far) for a potential runaway = highly unlikely IMHO

Oh. I thought he was successful. Then no, it wouldn’t be unusual if he wasn’t worried about the media attention following the failed one.
Actually, now that you say that, I'm not sure that was the failed attempt. There have been so many brought up lately, I'm having a hard time keeping them straight. Unless I post a link, don't take my word for anything tonight; my brain is fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member