Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why such a short period of time knowing the day before they were coming back the next day? Why not do it all in one day? Were they waiting for some evidence to come in? Are they trying to keep WC on edge? Did they need a SW first? Are they coming again?
To keep WC stressed, IMO.

Ughhh, even the cancellation of a presser makes us rack our brains!! Is it canceled because they are onto something or was it canceled because they have so much of nothing?!

I wonder how this will all turn out. There could be an unexpected twist for all we know, as I was just remembering Noelle Paquette’s case, lovely kindergarten teacher abducted while she was walking by a male/female couple for sexual purposes. Oh what a world we live in...

Last edited:
I think it means that they don't want to annoy us with another press conference to say nothing and that they are planning to say something slightly more significant on Friday, but they're still going to be holding back. OR, they found something during the most recent search and they'll be acknowledging what that is - a less likely possibility, IMHO. OR, they are close to finding Mollie and need a few more days.

Burner phone? There are ways. I think she is missing voluntarily too.

JMO
I still think its possible too but the longer this goes on the more and more I am moving that option down the chain.

Because whoever she would be staying with by now would be worried about getting sued or billed by LE for all the manpower put in to find her.

And with the huge reward now I just cannot see someone continuing to help her hide on her own. Unless she went out of country and decided to leave permanently and has no idea how much this has blown up back at the states.

Its just becoming much less likely to me now.

The lack of info being released worries me because I followed (still follow) an 8 person murder case that happened a county over from me and they were so tight lipped about everything. Held press conferences and said the same info over and over.. we all kept hoping they were going to break it wide open at any moment with some huge announcement.. unfortunately 2 years later and nothing... the press even had to fight for redacted autopsies. It’s rarely even mentioned around here anymore. I hope that isn’t the case here.

Why not call police on a strange black suv - at the time - when you see it crushing your neighborhood for 1.5 hours in a town of 1,400??? Baffling to me!

I live in a town of 40,000+; in a very safe and quiet part of town - if I witnessed a strange black suv (or any vehicle/person) for 1.5 hours; especially from 11:30P to 1:00A - I'd definitely be letting the authorities know!
I live in a city roughly 3 times the size of yours, but I know my neighborhood, and would definitely report it that very night, also.

On the police log posted on 6/17/18 it lists a response to a burglary call just up the road from the BF house on W Des Moines on 6/16/18. Does anybody know what the outcome of that call was? Was it resolved?

Re the fitbit heart monitor...I have an Apple Watch and I pay a lot of attention to my heart rate on it due to being on a small beta blocker. I don’t know if FitBits are similar, but it really only takes readings every 4-7 minutes or so. There have been times I have run up stairs, but if the watch chooses not to grab a reading, it won’t catch my spike. If it does, though, I’ll see the spike. So if they are looking for a specific spike in HR, it’s kind of a luck thing, unless her HR stayed elevated long enough for the FitBit to naturally catch the reading.

The lack of info being released worries me because I followed (still follow) an 8 person murder case that happened a county over from me and they were so tight lipped about everything. Held press conferences and said the same info over and over.. we all kept hoping they were going to break it wide open at any moment with some huge announcement.. unfortunately 2 years later and nothing... the press even had to fight for redacted autopsies. It’s rarely even mentioned around here anymore. I hope that isn’t the case here.
Are you speaking of the Pike County murders? That case haunted me...

The silence is deafening for sure! Nothing from the family either. Leaning towards they are close or closer to a significant development.

Im so glad there is optimism. I guess I am too pessimistic and I am guessing Friday PC will be like the last time with no real updates of any value. I hope Im wrong.

I would almost bet this says more than anything LE has released so far. I think they have either 1). Found Molly, 2.) Have made or are ready to make an arrest. and/or 3). Are ready to release enough information to prompt the public to come forward with information they have but are scared or embarrassed to report.

There's also this tidbit in that press release:
...we apologize for the shuffling of a media point of contac, but DCI’s Special Agent in Charge Richard Rahn is now available and will be responsible for all media inquiries.

I suppose this means Rahn replaces Winker as lead for the pressers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79