Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: cancellation of tomorrow’s PC

My guess is that it has more to do with the change in media POC than anything. Rahn may not see the point of having 2 PCs per week if they aren’t able to give the public very much information. Winker may have been ok with that. JMO.

Is it better for one person to spend an hour looking at media links and perusing threads to see if what they ask has already been discussed, or for hundreds of people to look at pages and pages of "what about the black SUV/did you hear about the girl whose body they found/etc."?

Would be awesome if there was a way to have an "FAQs type" post pinned to the top/first page. I get excited when I see pages of posts, only to realize it's the same stuff rehashed. This happens in a lot of cases I've followed when the info runs out. At this point, I just click to the last page to see if there's actually a new development.

I understand we are 15 threads along but we seem to be having the same questions/information suggested and the same circular discussions for 15 pages now. This could be eliminated if ppl took the time to read through the previous threads and see their thoughts/questions have already been answered, at least 2-3 times by now. JMO

I understand that it is sometimes annoying to read the same questions asked over and over that have been answered multiple times, sometimes in multiple threads, or discussion about minutia that has been reported many times already, but honestly, very few people are able to sit here and read every post in real time, so by the time they read a post and respond to it, it may very well have been discussed ad nauseam. If you want to contribute, and you didnt jump in on day one of post one, you are almost doomed to stay behind. I at least skimmed the better part of 12 threads before I posted anything here, but that took far more time than many people have, and I believe we should welcome everyone's sincere comments....which means sometimes we just grin and pretend we havent seen the same comment 20 times. JMO

Last edited:
I hope that’s it. Otherwise, why cancel a PC in which they tell us nothing anyway?

Im so glad there is optimism. I guess I am too pessimistic and I am guessing Friday PC will be like the last time with no real updates of any value. I hope Im wrong.

The longer between the pressers the more out of sight out of mind with the public and they're risking that by postponing it until Friday. I'm tossed about why they postponed it but they've not had much news in the past and still went on with the presser.

Or... just to accept people will be coming and going throughout 15+ threads.

Ok, how about: is it better for posters to read the first page of this thread discussing what to say about WC, or for the thread to be locked for 12+ hours while Harmony and Tricia remove posts, give timeouts, etc. ?

I think they've decided that another PC with the same information is going to do more harm than good. Assuming they want to stay in the public eye, they also want to not alienate that public or the press. Multiple PCs with just 'we are working hard. thanks so much for your hospitality' is going to tick people off. It doesn't matter if that's good police practice or not. People are going to get annoyed. So they probably assume it's best to have less PCs just to avoid the grouchies. The reality is that unless they find Mollie or make an arrest or both, they aren't going to provide more information.

Would be awesome if there was a way to have an "FAQs type" post pinned to the top/first page. I get excited when I see pages of posts, only to realize it's the same stuff rehashed. This happens in a lot of cases I've followed when the info runs out. At this point, I just click to the last page to see if there's actually a new development.
This is a good idea. I would bet if someone would put one together, the mods would pin it at the top of each new thread, or add it to the media page, and then people could request updates be added to it, as new info actually comes in.

I would expect the prospective poster to at least spend 5-10 minutes scanning the latest posts and developments, before joining the fray. As a sorta courtesy. Like wiping your boots clean of manure before dragging your feet on your host's plush carpet.

This is a very mysterious disappearance.

The Heavy did a story focusing on Mollie Tibbetts Glasses: Did She Leave Them Behind? | Heavy.com:

1. The b---- SUV we are not supposed to mention. 2 of 3 news accounts make a big deal of this; it doesn't seem like that sighting has been verified at all.
2. Info that she left her glasses and contacts behind. This is odd too, because if MT is like me she would own multiple pairs of glasses and likewise contacts (the throw away kind). I have them all over the place. No one would know if I had any particular pair of either.
3. They make this statement:

According to Who Radio, authorities have taken a general stance of declining to release any evidence they might have, with Winkler saying, “We recognize that it’s frustrating for everyone involved, but we believe it gives us the best opportunity to resolve this investigation.” The radio station said Winkler simply wouldn’t confirm or deny the report about the red shirt.

4. And there was focus on a red shirt and WC.

Frankly there is little new information out there. Seems like most of these 'facts' are rehashes of old news.

This really sounds like a Jodie Huisentruit early morning disappearance.

I haven't followed the case for a few days. Probably missed a few updates. Not feeling particularly welcome here today - scared to comment on something you talked about this morning while I was eating breakfast.

jmo

Wow. Perfect timing for a Mollie issue!
So, obviously, this was before the
I snipped this from a prior WS post:

Manatt said she left the bar at around midnight that night and noticed that the True Value hardware store nearby had been vandalized. She said she alerted a deputy who then canvassed the area for the vandal but “it was very quiet. Not many people were out.” BBM

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store.

My post about a burglary wasn't related to the hardware store, but a house on W Des Moines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans