Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I want to know:
1.What was the condition of the house? Door unlocked? Did she normally lock doors? Dogs? Shower used?
2. What time was the Snapchat photo taken?
3.Is the red shirt real evidence or not?

Things I want to know:
4. What route did Mollie jog that evening?
5. Who was also in that area?
6. Did the surveillance video provide any clues (parked vehicles, etc.)
7. Did LE find anything during their searches?

Things I want to know:
1.What was the condition of the house? Door unlocked? Did she normally lock doors? Dogs? Shower used?
3.Is the red shirt real evidence or not?

First - off topic- I LOVE YOUR name/profile image!
Second - we know the doors are not normally locked per Dalton. Not even sure if the home had locks. Or if the locks had been added or updated after Dalton and his brother moved in.
Third - I feel your frustration. You are not alone. There are so many unanswered questions.

Hang in there! At some point your questions will be known.

The article was from a newspaper, it can be read here:
Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

The quote is "On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé."

Then the article about the pig farm is here: Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

and the quote says "A pig farmer said FBI investigators arrived at his home last Friday and asked to search it without a warrant."

Just seems like an odd difference? Wouldn't the boyfriend just want them to get in the house asap? Sorry, it's just been bugging me and if there is a reason for the difference in approach maybe someone can explain that.
MOO the search warrant for the home belonging to DJ may have been needed in case it was a potential crime scene, in case she was taken from the home.

Was trying to reply to I’m Someone’s post and my reply got into their quote. It made it look like I hadn’t posted anything but the quote. Sorry! This was what I was trying to say:

Regarding the search warrant for the bf’s house - My thoughts are that because there are 4 adults living in the home, le wanted to cover all bases. Technically an owner could give permission to search, but it becomes a gray area for people who live in the home. Are they paying rent? What is the reasonable expectation of privacy? Better to be on the safe side if they did find evidence as a result of the search. Also did I read upstream somewhere that the house actually belongs to the bf’s brother or his fiancé?

Yes, the home belongs to the fiancee' and another party. Beacon - Poweshiek County, IA

Nice to have you here!

I think video of Mollie where she talks about being afraid to run a race and prayer and God. I felt she was not as confident or strong as her parents want to believe or are saying. Fear begets fear it draws it to you like a sponge. She is a nice girl. Maybe appears strong however her words she got on her knees to pray to God cause she was so afraid? afraid of a race? that was the biggest thing in her life to pray for....something is missing besides her. I still go with my gut that someone got her in their car...they were young her age...a boy/man. She fought them....I don't feel she ran off with another guy...although the dad is kinda hinting that she might have run off with someone. If so she would have contacted her parents by now to let them know she is ok. Unless she is embarrassed by all this publicity and doesn't know what to do...all plausible denials and truths..which will you pick.

Questions:
Did Mollie go volutarily...NO
Did Mollie go voluntarily with a Male she knew or didn't know....NO
Is Mollie alive phyically....No
Is Mollie alive Spiritually....Yes
Is Mollie in some sort of container ....Yes/No
Is Mollie in water...Yes
Is Mollie depressed.....Yes
Is Mollie happy with her life...Yes/No
Did Mollie really want to go to Boyfriends Brothers wedding ...Yes/No
Will Mollie be found....Yes Soon...Yes

Just read this on Reddit a new theory...perhaps
Obviously this is all speculation, BUT I spent a good amount of time reading through Mollie's instagram, twitter, and vsco accounts, combined with all the interviews and updates, and I believe she was having a fling and that the mother was aware of it, and something went wrong. Here is why:

1. The Mom didn't act like it was unusual for Mollie to skip dinner after confirming she would be there. This is a huge red flag immediately. Mollie and her mother are close enough (physically and emotionally) that the mother invites her over for dinner and Mollie accepts. Mollie's mom knows she's home alone, and is expecting her for dinner yet doesn't send a single text asking where she is, what's going on, or anything of the sort.

This could possibly make sense if the mom assumed Mollie was out with friends, but she doesn't say anything like that, and in fact I haven't seen anything about Mollie having friends in Brooklyn at all.

The reason she wasn't worried about her not showing up for dinner, and the reason she acted so nonchalant in the interviews is she knew her daughter was having a fling, and that is why she didn't show up.

2. Mollie had no car. She's having a fling, the BF is out of town but she can't drive anywhere, and she lives in a tiny town where she can't change socks without the neighbors noticing. So how do you meet up with the fling?
    Run.

She couldn't get into some strange car in her driveway without alerting the local Gossip Girls, so she agreed to meet up with her fling in a much more secretive way. So she put the dogs in the basement, got her running gear on and headed out to meet the fling and location they agreed on.

3. LE know she left and didn't return, and this is why the house was never searched. They know she left to meet someone.

4. This is the reason for the strange "It is not consistent with her past." quote from LE.

5. This is the reason they continue to push the reward money, they know she left to meet someone and are desperately holding onto hope that they can buy her back.

6. I believe Dalton was suspicious of something which is why he immediately left his job site and drove home when she didn't show up to work.

7. I believe the Dad had no clue about the fling but sometime between the two press conferences he became aware and that was the reason for his change in demeanor.

8. Something went wrong, and we don't know what. I think she got into a vehicle somewhere, and that is basically all that they know.

9. I think they questioned Cheney because he was the closest creepy dude around. I don't even think her cell phone pinged near his location because that would have been good enough to get search warrants, and yet Cheney voluntarily let them search everything and even gave them his phone. He has nothing to do with this.

10. I think the case is cold, and they will make the announcement in a week or so.

This is why I do not like the photo that shows up at 20-21 seconds into the video. Likely isn't anything, but if my 20 y/o GF were in that photo as a BF I would be having some words with the guy.

Mollie Tibbetts' co-workers react to her disappearance

Curious about something.... didn't one of the eye witnesses say Mollie was "walking and looking at her phone"? Could she have been using Google docs as she walked? Wouldn't LE know if she was texting and to whom?

Jarrett Rose shared the two clips of Mollie on Facebook, writing: '2 weeks since I've seen your smile and it feels like an eternity has passed by.

'Your voice echoes through my heart every day, giving me the inspiration to never give up on you. No one has, or ever will give up hope and stop searching for you!

'NO TIP IS INSIGNIFICANT!!! Please contact the tip lines if anyone knows anything! We WILL bring you home Mollie, and you'll be salsa dancing in no time!'

Video taken a day before Mollie Tibbetts vanished shows her giggling | Daily Mail Online

Tip line tel:1-800-452-1111

I have found this interesting since early on. Is there a different place to discuss in more detail? Anyone remember Teleka Patrick? I thought there was a place to be a bit more open with discussions. Is that a possibility for this case as well? With no new info the discussion here-sadly-is getting stale and repetitive though how fantastic that folks keep sharing ideas and theories. Sorry.

Last edited:
Things I want to know:
8. Who else did she communicate with that day/evening? Especially on Snapchat.
9. Who knew her housemates would be away that night?

Didn't think has been posted yet...
I pray it’s her.. a lead. Perhaps it’s the realist in me but there will be many false sightings. Mollie is a beautiful girl in so many ways however she has a look that so many other girls do in her age group. I’m guessing strangers could look through any midwestern yearbook and find many girls resembling her. I mean no disrespect .
On another note the video released of her did help. It shows her body type and how she holds herself. I say the more videos of her the better!

Family Holding OutHope Missing Wisconsin Mother is Safe

Shannah Boiteau. Age 22. Missing from St.Cloud, Minnesota in 2016.

I looked up Shannah's Charley Project profile.
She was wearing a pink top and black bottoms at the time of her disappearance.
Similarities to Mollie Tibbetts:
-Age group.
-Color of shirt and bottoms she was wearing.
-Ethnicity and hair color.
-note....St. Cloud would be a fairly direct route north from Iowa, on Route I-35.

Last edited:
I think video of Mollie where she talks about being afraid to run a race and prayer and God. I felt she was not as confident or strong as her parents want to believe or are saying. Fear begets fear it draws it to you like a sponge. She is a nice girl. Maybe appears strong however her words she got on her knees to pray to God cause she was so afraid? afraid of a race? that was the biggest thing in her life to pray for....something is missing besides her. I still go with my gut that someone got her in their car...they were young her age...a boy/man. She fought them....I don't feel she ran off with another guy...although the dad is kinda hinting that she might have run off with someone. If so she would have contacted her parents by now to let them know she is ok. Unless she is embarrassed by all this publicity and doesn't know what to do...all plausible denials and truths..which will you pick.

Questions:
Did Mollie go volutarily...NO
Did Mollie go voluntarily with a Male she knew or didn't know....NO
Is Mollie alive phyically....No
Is Mollie alive Spiritually....Yes
Is Mollie in some sort of container ....Yes/No
Is Mollie in water...Yes
Is Mollie depressed.....Yes
Is Mollie happy with her life...Yes/No
Did Mollie really want to go to Boyfriends Brothers wedding ...Yes/No
Will Mollie be found....Yes Soon...Yes

What?

I have found this interesting since early on. Is there a different place to discuss in more detail? Anyone be remember Teleka Patrick? I thought there was a place to be a bit more open with discussions. Is that a possibility for this case as well? With no new info the discussion here-sadly-is getting stale and repetitive though how fantastic that folks keep sharing ideas and theories. Sorry.

Wasn't she a person with erratic behaviors at times, despite being an MD, Ph.D? ?Suicide? And wasn't her car found nearby?

Curious about something.... didn't one of the eye witnesses say Mollie was "walking and looking at her phone"? Could she have been using Google docs as she walked? Wouldn't LE know if she was texting and to whom?

That was Roger Thompson. To my knowledge, he didn't say she was looking at her phone, just that she had one.

https://www.weareiowa.com/news/loca...-night-mollie-tibbetts-disappeared/1329569494

"My window's right there, facing the sidewalk and my tv's right there, so I'm sitting there and looking out the window and that's why I noticed her," said Thompson.

Thompson believes he saw Mollie that Wednesday night, and at first, he didn't think much of it.

"This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive."

"She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson.

Have some questions about her laundry-

Where did Mollie do her laundry? She was spending a lot of time at Dalton's. I wouldn't think that was the sort of thing one would not tweet to text about at her age- could be wrong! set me straight if you think/know different.

WHERE is her laundry basket/bag? Was THAT where it was supposed to be? Could that explain why the red shirt AND her jogging clothes are missing? All were in her laundry bag/basket?

My hubby hates new clothes. Everything must be washed first. IF Mollie was given shirt to wear, and had normal laundry - if she runs every day either she rinses out her stuff at night and hangs to dry or she tosses in the laundry so there may be several things to wash- and if she is like my hubby, that new shirt had to be washed before she would wear it! Was she like that? Did she have a particular day she did her laundry? At a particular place?

She was getting ready to leave for a trip. Could she have run out of detergent? Fabric softener? Dryer sheets? Vinegar, for heavens sake to use with the red shirt to stop bleeding. And she realized it just after returning home from her run and she didn't change into ANOTHER outfit because she didn't want to make more clothes to wash and wanted as many clothes as possible clean for her trip maybe.

So she dashed out to ? - Mollie is a 'creature of habit' where would she go to get any laundry supplies. Or for that matter go to do her laundry?

I put them all together:
Things we want to know:

1. What was the condition of the house? Door unlocked? Did she normally lock doors? Dogs? Shower used?
3. Is the red shirt real evidence or not?
8. Who else did she communicate with that day/evening? Especially on Snapchat.
9. Who knew her housemates would be away that night?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member