Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say what my speculated theory is, because that puts things in a bad place. I have not seen it mentioned in any of the threads, so if someone has mentioned this I apologize. I am hoping to state this within terms of service. Someone please let me know if I go off them.

<modsnipped-comments on facebook pages are not allowed to be discussed>

I don't know if there are links, or if those things are still on there because I'd rather not see them again and look. It's kind of why I signed up here in the first place, since trolls are weeded out. Very nice atmosphere on this site, and I am glad so many lost people are still being looked for and cared about. But someone please tell me if this idea has already been floated around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same. A dog is a great idea if you cannot find a friend. It also underscores letting someone know I am leaving and I will be back at this time. I have traveled extensively for work and it is definitely not chicken but very smark. I had a cabbie to call me late at night from a business card from the day pick-up prior. I did not answer but simply put his name in and you would not believe the records I found. I have the same rules for my giant sons as well.
I feel the same. A dog is a great idea if you cannot find a friend. It also underscores letting someone know I am leaving and I will be back at this time. I have traveled extensively for work and it is definitely not chicken but very smark. I had a cabbie to call me late at night from a business card from the day pick-up prior. I did not answer but simply put his name in and you would not believe the records I found. I have the same rules for my giant sons as well.

I run/walk with a big dog without headphones and cringe when I see people running on roads/wearing them. Accident waiting to happen because vehicle noises are blocked and music reduces awareness of surroundings.

I don't take a mother saying that she wants to meet her grandchildren to mean anything other than that she hopes her child finds happiness and a life with someone and perhaps will one day have his/her own child. I think any loving parent would love to be around long enough to see that. I know I had only half-teasingly told my son that he should not be a player his whole life, because I would like to see my grandchild before I died of old age. Oh, and at the age of 61, I finally got to! BTW, I believe that Mollie had her priorities in life in order and would have taken any necessary precautions to make a pregnancy very highly unlikely. JMO

i agree the mom's comment on its own isnt strong enough to imply pregnancy, however, i have to admit when i play w the theory that mollie knows her abductor (as opposed to the random abductor), pregnancy has crossed my mind. it would provide a concrete reason why she would have a confrontation with someone and why that confrontation may spiral out of control. it also would fit w her dads description of mollie knowing her abductor, not knowing how toget out from under a situation etc.

I have not found any mention that Mollie's jogging outfit is missing. Only her fitbit and phone.

I think it ties in with the timeline LE won't release ie, was she doing homework, was she ready for work the next morning. The only mention of her jogging outfit is that it's what she was last seen wearing. If someone can find a link that says her jogging outfit is missing I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Poweshiek County Missing Person Update

Thanks but that is different. They located her from her cell phone. It's well known that a cell phone can be located. That takes just seconds. With the right apps an individual can do that, instantly. But I'm talking about taking all of the data from a cell phone tower and trying to find a suspect with from that data. That is more like looking for a needle in a haystack. To that best of my knowledge, it has never been successful.
Sorry if already mentioned, but I'm pretty sure they did that in Jessica Chamber's murder.

Want to read about bad boys? Then read "Bad Boys" the book.

The highlight is about John Wayne Gacy who lived in Waterloo IA for a spell. It gets into his head, which I admit I would prefer not.

I just had a thought that maybe someone confided something personal to Mollie and later regretted doing so, that or she witnessed something during her jog (or at another time) that someone did not want revealed. It would have to be something that substantially threatened either their reputation or ego. Add this to my 10,000 theories. I do think any initial scenario likely involves a person or persons she was somewhat acquainted with. Remember Jenise Wright? Her killer was walking amongst the community and no one seemed to care that he was covered in scratches. Someone knows something.
interesting way of looking at it. so instead of mollie having a secret, she knew someone else's? im open to this.

between living in brooklyn & working at a camp w co-workers prob about her age, attending school at university of iowa, father in oakland where maybe she has some friends she keeps in touch with, family also in UT...seems like there are potentially a handful of people that could confide in her for various reasons.

i agree the mom's comment on its own isnt strong enough to imply pregnancy, however, i have to admit when i play w the theory that mollie knows her abductor (as opposed to the random abductor), pregnancy has crossed my mind. it would provide a concrete reason why she would have a confrontation with someone and why that confrontation may spiral out of control. it also would fit w her dads description of mollie knowing her abductor, not knowing how toget out from under a situation etc.
Possibly an angry or suspicious spouse too? I'm thinking of the Mickie Shunick case now.

Bringing over our compiled list from the previous thread. Please add your questions:
Things we want to know:

1.What was the condition of the house? Door unlocked? Did she normally lock doors? Dogs? Shower used?
2. What time was the Snapchat photo taken?
3.Is the red shirt real evidence or not?
4. What route did Mollie jog that evening?
5. Who was also in that area?
6. Did the surveillance video provide any clues (parked vehicles, etc.)
7. Did LE find anything during their searches?
8. Who else did she communicate with that day/evening? Especially on Snapchat.
9. Who knew her housemates would be away that night?
10. When and where did her phone lose power?

Yes that too. I had made a comment earlier about finding it strange that her mother mentioned wanting to meet her grandchildren. I thought if her mother had some knowledge of, or thought there might be a grandchild to meet, she might have made that particular comment the way she did.
I saw the screenshots that were deleted, and which I made screenshots of. They are also what made me think in that direction as well.

I can see it this way, but also that her mom was speaking out of sentiment. I talk with my kids about their futures in this manner. One of those, or she was appealing to a parent with a daughter, in case they might know something.

Tough. I suppose I could call up my friend, who got out of the undercover narc business.

IDK about that. Over the years I can think of everything. Paying trafficers sounds far out.

People have paid assassins. Didn't an Engineering Prof do that to his wife?

(there was also a guy who went to Chicago, stabbed himself to get out of trouble, then reported he was mugged to the police in Chi town)

With a 50 mile radius you have roughly 500,000 people, maybe more. You are going to be able to get any drug you want, any deviant practice you want, and meet about any kind of criminal you want. That sounds surprising doesn't it.

It sadly doesn't surprise me, but I am of a suspicious, cynical nature anyway, I have lived in too many different places not to be, and the take home is people are the same wherever you go..big city or small town Iowa.

So then if she went missing on her run or on the way to mom's house that would make the time between 7:45 and 9:00 pm. Is that right? That she went missing?

I'm trying to not have confirmation bias where I make the clues fit my scenario. It's hard.

Fox News had a audio of Mollie's best friend saying that every morning Mollie snapped her a quote of the day. That morning she didn't get one.

I run/walk with a big dog without headphones and cringe when I see people running on roads/wearing them. Accident waiting to happen because vehicle noises are blocked and music reduces awareness of surroundings.

Drives me crazy...also the mid-schoolers near me, walking with them on and faces on phones. Completely oblivious. I have seen them walk right into parked cars, out in front of moving ones and even cross the busy street...never look up. Just how indestructible do people think they are I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77