Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is nothing, but...

1. This fellow was homeless. Arrested on charges then released from Linn Co (Cedar Rapids) jail.
2. He decided to burglarize a random detached garage.
3. Apparently discovered during the burglary, it turned into a murder.

So there are 'homeless murderers in Iowa'. Even in small counties (sounds like this guy was from Jones Co). And because of this recent case, investigators might be leery of things, or wanting to get everything completely correct.

Suspect in Iowa woman's death had been released days earlier

How long does it take to analyze DNA?

FORENSIC TESTING TURNAROUND TIMES IN 50 STATES

This may be very old data, but they read weeks to months.

That seems about right.

"Heather Fisher Sargent, a forensic DNA analyst for Human Identification Technologies Inc. in Southern California, documented a DNA test timeline for Public Agency Training Council, which trains law enforcement personnel. Her timeline did not include the wait for backlogged cases or related issues and her estimated time for the case was about 60 hours."

So, 60 hours for the test alone -- but it seems days, weeks, or months can be expected due to backlogs and other issues. I wonder if they can get some sort of special use of the FBI's Rapid DNA , which I know very little about except that it currently isn't supposed to be used at crime scenes. I don't know the reasoning for the restriction.

I'm not so sure. Since they haven't waivered on their stance about the Pcs since the beginning. Honestly the expectations for new info were unwarranted given the info they put it out in press releases prior to the Pcs. Any disappointment is not on them. JMO.

M2C, in the absence of LE having new info that they are ready, willing and able to release without jeopardizing their ongoing investigation, the only purpose I can see to them holding any pcs at this point is to make continued public appeals for information or to request the local community to conduct searches of their land/properties. I wish I had heard more from LE re: encouraging/asking that people in surrounding counties do searches of vacant buildings, fields, etc. Maybe they did and I missed it, though.

Oh please. I’m actually going to let my 11 year old daughter do it. She’s more suited for it than I am.

If I may make a suggestion... while walking the route, at various points along the way please stop, stand in place and do a 360 so we get an idea of the surroundings at those points. I would not know how to select those points of interest but I suspect those areas may make themselves known in some way... blind spots near bushes, buildings, fields, etc.

Thank you!

But if they have no new information why keep postponing, why not just postpone until they do have new information.

AL7, that's a great point! Is it possible that they would be concerned that cancelling any further pcs until they have new information would lead to the public and MSM losing interest more quickly and moving on to another story, whereas cancelling/rescheduling is a way to keep the interest level somewhat intact? I don't know, obviously, just conjecture...what do you think? Do you think they are postponing to do analysis of evidence and are waiting for those results to come in? That would be great if true!

If I may make a suggestion... while walking the route, at various points along the way please stop, stand in place and do a 360 so we get an idea of the surroundings at those points. I would not know how to select those points of interest but I suspect those areas may make themselves known in some way... blind spots near bushes, buildings, fields, etc.

Thank you!
You bet, we’ll plan it out and give you a comprehensive tour.

I like the post that talked about bureaucratic issues.

Right now, the MT case is international news. Very high profile case in the USA.

You have a rural county and in my experience LE and a county attorney who are more used to stolen hogs, meth busts, and drinking teenagers.

You have the local, county, and state officials. I bet US Marshals are involved. The FBI.

Indictments, charges etc have to be carefully done, as the world is watching (no pressure). I would quadruple check everything. I would call up Alan Dershowitz (No I would not, I think he is a jerk). But you get the drift.

I don’t think the delayed presser could mean anything good no matter the scenario.

If they are getting things together because of a big break it most likely means she’s dead. If she was alive somewhere and they had good information there would be a sense of utmost urgency.

If they just postponed it because they didn’t want another ‘we are working on it’ presser than they don’t know anything.

Neither of these are good. Although I guess the former option is preferable since at least there would be answers. If she’s dead, not knowing doesn’t make it not the case. (This isn’t Schrödinger’’s cat).

I agree. Sadly, the searching that we are aware of suggests they have been looking for a body, unfortunately. The only thing worse than losing your daughter would be not having any resolution to know what happened or where she is. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member