Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no. I hope that helps. :)
You asked what question we would ask the LEOS, if they answer. That would have been an question for validation. But I will add. Taking her off the street, early evening during possible daylight is a high risk thing even in a small town. Unless your prepared to take and quite and bind a screaming young woman. This was a chance encounter on the street, but after following back to the house gave him time think things out and come back in darkness much less chance something going wrong.

On TV, they always go back :)hope that is true to life...I can’t imagine they didn’t. It is such a basic starting point. Years ago, when a teen girl in Long Island went missing, they asked to search each house. I hope they did this time as well. And made note of refusals.

I have followed so many cases here and before I found WS. As secretive as L.e can be, this case beats all. I hope there are damned good reasons. It has been close to a month and memories, never great, are much worse now. I fear that sooner or later they will ask for help and won’t get much useful...they need to specify what they need...most people do not know “the basics” i.e who missed work, was late, cleaned their car, cut their hair, etc...JMO
You know, that surprised me that they haven't told the public what to look for. We had nothing in AH, similar situation in that we didn't know if she made it home or not, things were missing that made it look like she made it home but there was no proof. But every PC LE directed the public as to what they could do to help, what to look for, how to search their property and what to do if they found something. Now maybe LE did specify those things early on in PC's, ones I didn't see, but I'm shocked they don't reiterate that kind of thing.

One thing about the Iowa State Fair today: there was a bevy of possible Presidential candidates there. And more to come. Maybe they can listen to some of the problems with LE resources and missing persons and keep them in mind.

Well yeah, if her fitbit last pinged near him, why wouldn't they? He has a criminal record. I imagine they're trying to clear everyone in the area who has a record. One of their techniques could be pressure, via multiple interviews. Or maybe they needed to get warrants for specific areas or things like his electronics.

Several of the interviews were supposedly quite short--5-10 minutes. Maybe it was a case of: "you ready to take that polygraph test yet?"

You asked what question we would ask the LEOS, if they answer. That would have been an question for validation. But I will add. Taking her off the street, early evening during possible daylight is a high risk thing even in a small town. Unless your prepared to take and quite and bind a screaming young woman. This was a chance encounter on the street, but after following back to the house gave him time think things out and come back in darkness much less chance something going wrong.

Oh geez!!!! I didn’t know that was a reply to the question. My bad.

So thinking maybe Mollie didn't go to her mother's house after her run and was home studying could she have gotten hungry and walked someplace in the dark to get something to eat? Lots of kids go by Casey's for snacks and they also have pizza and sandwiches. Walking someplace in the dark on a Summers night sounds like something one might do.

OT...wish I knew why when I try to change my avatar, I get error message for any pic I select now, though they are all the same size taken with same camera...message says it exceeds the size.

What do you wanna change it to?

I think they found something a few days after she disappeared that caused them to rethink everything and call in the FBI and DCI, and ask people to stay home. And since then they've acted like they don't think she's in the immediate area.
And in that line of thinking, don't they usually call in the feds if someone is taken over state lines?

So thinking maybe Mollie didn't go to her mother's house after her run and was home studying could she have gotten hungry and walked someplace in the dark to get something to eat? Lots of kids go by Casey's for snacks and they also have pizza and sandwiches. Walking someplace in the dark on a Summers night sounds like something one might do.
Especially if it wasn't totally dark yet and/or because high school friends were also home for the summer.

Does Mollie have a stepfather? Or ex-stepfather?
I had wondered about that in the beginning, but I think he would have been mentioned by now. I think LC just went back to her maiden name after the divorce.

As far as one question to LE goes, I think I'd just want to know at what time her digital trail ended. Knowing (somewhat) where she was at certain times would make it a bit easier to figure out where she was heading and how far she may have gotten in that time. MOO

How can clarifying the dinnertime she was supposed to show up at not be helpful? From the timeline, that exact item is where the whole thing went wrong. That's the exact moment, even though no one knew it at the time, that things went differently than they were supposed to. If someone says they will be home for dinner, and then they never show up for dinner, or anything ever again, that's pretty important. We've never really heard what time Mollies family considers dinnertime, and on the timeline we have here, every minute and every item on the timeline is very helpful. JMHO

I was specifically commenting about the discussion between supper, dinner, lunch, and breakfast. I was not suggesting the dinner Mollie was texting about with her Mom was not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong