Sex Workers & Truck Drivers: Post Stories Here

Hi, noobie here. I admittedly don't have any experience trucking or any juicy stories, but it is a topic I find interesting. Here's my opinion on the subject:Trucking can be an attractive occupation for loners and your antisocial types. Nothing wrong with antisocials, but a small group are that way because they have mental health issues. Now isolated this type in a truck and send them out on the road for weeks at a time. Fantasy becomes rampant in some, and to a few these fantasies evolve into a violent reality. These folks make up your disorganized serial killers for the most part. The thing with long haul trucking is it gives the ability for your 'typical' disorganized killer to add a level of organization to their killings. Where the individual might normally not have the courage to stick around the crime scene, since the crime scene is the truck cab(in their comfort zone), they may be more inclined to do things normal disorganized SK's might not do such as tamper with/stage evidence and choose secluded dump sites far from the scene of the crime. On a side note, these dump sites may be chosen along routes frequented by the SK trucker as a way of reliving the act every time he passes the site. The victims are often lot lizards(prostitutes)plucked up at night from dark truck stops. This works for the disorganized SK, as the girls present themselves to the SK without the need for the SK to rely on his subpar social skills to lure the victim in. No other profession that I know of gives access to anonymous victims to a disorganized SK like trucking does. We're talking minimal planning and more crimes of opportunity. Add these factors up(especially the access to anonymous victims), and your typical mentally ill borderline psycho may make that leap from fantasy to reality. In my opinion, these are a few reasons why we see a corelation between serial killers and long haul trucking.
TLDR; Long haul trucking is the perfect job for serial killers, particularly disorganized serial killers.

Hi Barbie,
This is my very first post on Websleuths, I am awed by your experience with Snelgrove. I was just now reading information about his previous crimes and, as I am sure you know, Carmens disappearance was after leaving a bar with him. I cannot imagine how scary that must be knowing that you met this man...

Never really thought about it much, till I got on this page, but the stuff I've seen and heard seems scary now, been truckin since 82, I have been too and driven by a lot of these places where bad things have happened

I watched The Killing Season when it first came out, and today decided to watch a second time with new eyes as its been some time.
I will say when "this" part of the forum was first made I wrote to a high ranking "Websleuths" Member/Mod and was told to quell my story which had to do with my time on the road. I was not a sex worker, but was a lost person who travelled the highways never really stopping hitchhiking for two and one half years when younger. I did have several bad experiences, which finally led up to one that got me "off" the road as I KNEW I had run out of rope. I was put off by being silenced, so never bothered to even visit this section of Websleuths, so never knew eventually this topic was formed. Sadly, I am too late to tell my story as its obvious this section is dead now. But I will say why they get by with it, is the survivors DO NOT report what happens, we feel unworthy and have to keep moving, no one would care anyway, so why report it. Just my two cents....IMHO

Memories fade with time, I believe it was in 1984, but could have been in late 1983 that I had a very bad experience out on the road. I had issues and literally had no where to go and no body to go to, so I started hitchhiking back and forth, East and West, North and South across this great country of ours. I met many great people on my journey and a large handful of not so great ones. I had several "scares" while out there, but none were enough to make me stop. I would mainly go from one truckstop to the next, be in New York one day and three days later be in California, then turn and head back. Or start in Colorado and head to Florida and then head across to Texas, well you get the idea. I just kept moving. Usually when getting rides at truckstops the trucker will get on his CB and find you a ride heading out, sometimes you would go in to watch TV or shower (truckers gave you shower coupons for fill ups that they got) and you would get offered a ride and off you would go. I was lost in my own special way. Then it happened. I will continue when I am up to it, it should be soon, just hard to dredge it up as it was life altering. After that day and night nothing was ever the same for me. I ended up I will say getting off the road, or rather (lol) staying on it with a great truck driver I ended up marrying, only to divorce eleven years later. I ended up in Law Enforcement (imagine that). Learned to defend myself TOTALLY in every manner and have never stopped searching for that truck/trucker. I only wish I had been brave enough to have turned it in that very night. I had smooshed this memory down hard in my brain until me and my trucker husband, who then was off the road was at work and a show came on, this is long ago. The show was Unsolved Mysteries Killer Trucker and I watched, and I cried and I became a basket case. I did call the tip line but never heard back. I will say now I am old, I am presently fighting cancer and would love nothing more then for them to find him or at least know who he is/was. However, I know he could read this, and as prepared as I am, he still petrifies me. (pathetic right). Well, I promise when my nerves are up to it I will go into that day, but figured I would give you the surrounding story so when I speak of that day/night I don't have to write a novel. This is harder then you might think. IMHO!!!!

Thanks Portabella....scary things never go away (I too know them)...we just bury them and thank whatever saved us. Yet, they linger in the dark terrified places....whenever you feel up to it...share either in group or one-on-one. You never know who may have had similar experiences and can not only relate but help with the "crime". Bless you for the courage to begin to share a frightening experience. I too am much older (and hopefully have wisened up from those crazy risk-taking youth experiences) and I still know I was protected from alot of evil I put myself into. We are so fortunate to be alive. Fight your cancer...there are wonderful treaments out today and May God bless you.

Thank you both for sharing your experiences. I know that the majority of truck drivers are good, kind people who help others out on the road all the time. I just wonder how many people intentionally enter the profession knowing it will help them cover up whatever crimes they commit.

I want to thank everyone who has come forward here with their story. You are worth so much more than the work you did despite whatever feelings of shame and unworthiness you may feel. Your experiences offer valuable insights. Your stories may save someone else or encourage someone to report scary characters they have come in contact with. You are all to be celebrated for the survivors that you truly are.

OK Heather and my thanks to her. What I know about myself took years for me to say outloud and if I wasn't in truth therapy I would probably never say. I can't say it here but you get the gist. When Heather killed Neal Falls the world then knew what she was and that is a very hard pill to swallow. To Heather I think you are great, my hero in fact. Strong, quick thinker, and a survivor, no matter your lifestyle choices past present or future.

Yes she is a hero. Good for her! I remember this case and just think of all the lives she saved. That *advertiser censored*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back