Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I noticed those ponds too - west of WC's property on the north and south sides of the road. The poster I was responding to originally asked about WC's bog, then indicated it wasn't his property, but next to it and I just don't see one. Further, I don't know anything about pig farms, but I fail to understand why someone who doesn't own pigs would have a bog for pig waste on their property.

If the land once had cattle on it, then the ponds were for cattle. It appears the land use shifted from cattle to crops at some point and the ponds were allowed to remain. It would take time and money to break the earthen dam. It does not look like a waste retention pond.

They need to round up every meth addict or cocaine addict out there and start some aggressive questioning. Also check for perps that bought cases of beer that night. Because drugs and alcohol are usually the main triggers before attempting an abduction. Jmo

I read that too. If true, she might have come across something that cost her dearly.
eta
Looks like a burglary happened on the same street on the 16th, not the 18th.

Yes, you're correct. I couldn't find the post on here, so I looked on the Poweshiek Sheriff's facebook and saw the 16th. I think a burglary on her same street two days before she goes missing could be related. What if that thief went back to break into another house and she got tangled up?

Reporter Ben Ashford personally interviewed Laura Calderwood on 8/3 so I'll give them credit on this, but I agree they got the dates wrong on DJ departure and noted that when I posted this interview. MOO
I understand, I just thought I would warn others so they don't have to listen to the whole thing. Unless of course they want to but for me it was a bit long considering they have nothing to add that we haven't already heard or read a bunch of times. The facts they got wrong are some pretty important facts and someone may mistake them for truth, if they are not familiar with all the details. That's all.

Someone asked if MT was known to babysit the kids from the daycare she worked for. I don't know if she did but I do know she did babysit due to a post on her twitter account. I believe it was from last year but she has been working at this daycare for 2 summers now.

I'm really getting the feeling that we'll have a lot better feel for what LE knows after tomorrow's presser.

I certainly hope so! I understand why LE has not been able to release certain details up to this point. However, as a wanna-be armchair sleuth it frustrates me to no end :mad:! I'm afraid to get my hopes up for tomorrow, but I will try to be positive like you!

I think that once LE established that people closest to Mollie were accounted for and that all of her items except what she would have with her for a run were at the house, they realized it would be a primarily digital case and called for help. Not unusual or pointing to an extreme crime, imo, such as terrorism, serial, etc...FBI joins so many cases where I live I never even think about it. They have a policy of assisting in MP cases and in providing better access to digital records.
Jmo

I expect FBI also tracks for dissident recruitment. Initially, certain "missing person" cases might qualify for special scrutiny until the recruitment angle is ruled out; after which the focus changes to a relevant type of investigation.

Last edited:
As the mother of a biracial child, I respectfully agree to totally disagree with that.

My apologies, I was trying to Raven in the post above. Not good with the quote thing yet.

You should study more about dog mental health before you get too upset. Dogs are more comfortable in a kennel than loose in a backyard .

There were 4 people living in that house. I doubt those dogs were in the basement for extended periods of time. I have a large fenced in back yard but I don't leave my dogs out all day because the flies, mosquitoes, and bees bite them. Their water gets warm from being outside and their food gets full of ants and bugs from sitting out. I have indoor kennels and leave the doors open so they don't have to stay in them but guess what? When I come home, they're usually sleeping in their kennel. Their food is clean, their water is clean and they're in a comfortable temperature.

there not looking far enough. they are looking where she may had walked ran to and or both. and i understand why that is. But they need to go out, at least 30 miles from the house in whatever direction. they think she was abducted while out and about that could be a ploy to through out the investigation. They need to go out 30 miles at least........and look for that dam truck
what truck?

<modsnip: snipped quoted post that was removed>

- it very much varies from breed as well as individual personality. we also dont really know how long the dogs were left alone (re mollies camp hrs could be like 7-3 and maybe the brothers worked odd/different hours w construction so up early but home by early afternoon).

point being though, i do agree keeping animals alone all day isnt the best plan and since these dogs seem very loved wayyyyy back on thread #1 one of my first posts was among the roommates, were they able to give the dogs enough attn/work out a schedule during the work week OR was there a dog walker/neighbor who helped out - either regularly or on days when all the housemates would be gone too long. this could explain:

1) why the dogs were in the basement and seem unalarmed - they knew this person.
2) why mollie would have approached the house unalarmed if she saw their car in the driveway and/or why there wasnt an immediate struggle if she saw them in the house (and then forced out w a weapon)
3) also could be how this person and mollie initially crossed paths.
4) this person could likely be privy to info they are out of town.
5) since this town is relaxed about door locking, this neighbor/friend could have popped by more often than needed bc they wanted to see mollie & not really bc the dogs needed it.

ive also wondered if there was a person like this not necessarily related to the dogs but same premise and on the surface they seem more annoying than harmful. the neighbor who is like "oh ik you said your faucet was leaking last week, figured id come by to fix it" or "oh your brother said that the dogs were going to be alone a lot on thursday so i decided to pop by" etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Does MT have an ex boyfriend ? Did they end things on civil terms? Does her current BF have an ex girlfriend? What about the current boyfriend’s parents?? Do they live in town/iowa?

Just thinking about those not mentioned in 3 threads. Not accusing just wondering the status...

Bringing forward from the last thread some questions:

If she was attacked while wearing the Fitbit, would it show her increased heartbeat? Assumably...:(
Thinking more about this, any other vitals it monitors? I wonder if this potential record of biological response(s) can/will be used in court to demonstrate a timeline and attack, assuming it is recovered and this is the case?

This won't answer all of your questions, but the judge in this case allowed FitBit's step-counting data, but not the sleep-recording data.

The article is from Jan. 31,2018.
Judge allows some of boyfriend's Fitbit data in Nicole VanderHeyden murder case

Zakowski ruled Wednesday that prosecutors can present the Fitbit’s step-counting data to the jury but not its sleep-recording data.

Fitbit is the subject of lawsuits regarding the accuracy of its sleep-measuring capabilities, which could be off by as much as 45 minutes, according to some allegations, Zakowski noted in his written decision.

However, the device’s ability to track steps has not come under question, nor should it require an expert witness to explain how it works to the jury, Zakowski ruled.

Maybe thIs will be helpful...
Regarding the hog operation “bogs”, It depends on how big the operation is. I grew up on a 2500 head hog operation and I’d love to get to see an aerial of the hog farm.
These “lagoons” are for waste and are also regulated by governing agencies to make sure they are not leaking into surrounding water sources,etc. And are hefty fines if those aren’t followed depending again on he big the operation is.
Wish I could see also if it has a “mix mill” which is a grain elevator. Those have a deep pit with blades that grind grain and these pits are bigger and deeper than a semi. A heavy metal grate covers it and trucks back over and and unload the grain which is piped into grain bins.
The waste ponds last FOREver. Years after a hog farm goes dormant they are still pretty full. Some pump the waste into their fields to use for fertilizing crops. They are gross deep and the top is at least 5 inches of a thick crusty sludge.
Also any hog operation feeds twice a day or more. These hogs are very well fed and do not have the need or would not eat a human this is kind of common sense. Hog lots are in essence feed lots. Their diet is down to a science and they are very well satisfied and I have to sadly say it is an old wives tale that a hog will eat a human.
This case is so so sad and I have been checking daily for Updates. This breaks my heart and I feel it isn’t a stranger abduction based On the tiny community.
Sadly these tiny rural communities are full of meth cookers and rampant drug use because it is so far out in the middle of nowhere. Whoever mentioned rounding them all up hit the nail on the head. It looks like Beaver CleaverVille but one would be surprised.
I’m Praying for her safe return and want to thank all who have compiled lists and taken videos. Sharon Needles I really enjoyed your videos and thank you for taking the time.
Sorry for any typos.

Last edited:
The drive past the church made me wonder about other groups of people that would have been familiar with Mollie outside of Brooklyn itself (besides her college peers and anybody she still knows from CA).

As a Catholic, I immediately took note that the mass at St. Patrick on Jackson Street had already begun, and based on the parked cars near the church, it looked well attended. From what I have gathered, Mollie and her family are fairly devout Catholics and are well known in the church—and the parish, like the greater community, has probably been hit really hard by this. I also noticed online that the other church in the parish community is St. Bridget in Victor, IA, about 15 minutes away ( or sure if it is a chapel). I should point out that parishioners from both areas would likely be very familiar with each other as they share resources, programs, and even a priest. And, depending on one’s schedule, you might need to attend mass at the other church — for instance, Saturday mass is only offered in Brooklyn. Or maybe you overslept and need to go to the other church. I am just pointing out another point of contact where people might have significant familiarity with Mollie and her family outside of the more local Brooklyn community.

Although, I haven’t heard of any leads coming out of Victor, IA.
Very interesting post. Thank you for sharing it.

As the mother of a biracial child, I respectfully agree to totally disagree with that.

My apologies, I was trying to Raven in the post above. Not good with the quote thing yet.
Don't worry, I had trouble with that too in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes