Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Denny's in Brooklyn is hosting a fundraiser event Monday to help raise money and awareness for the search of Mollie Tibbetts.

All day, customers who make a donation to the search efforts will receive a free meal.

Brooklyn Denny's raising money for search for Mollie Tibbetts

Just posting this in case any locals want to go. It is great of Denny’s to do this.

Were Mollie's contact lenses found in the house?
Ist it known whether Mollie used to jog wearing her contact lenses?

OMG! Thread #24! This is lasting too long!
Thanks mods for all your hard work.

Thank you mods indeed!

I have nothing more to add here at this time, I don’t think, will see what the PC says. It can go both ways, this PC (no info vs a lot of info)...one time I assumed in the NOCO Shootings thread that the next PC was going to be another whole bunch of nothing..turned out it was a full boardroom complete with maps and surveillance footage.

Then there’s Abby’s and Libby’s epic PC, when they released the “Down the Hill” audio...

I have a feeling they are going to tell us soooomething. But who really knows. Maybe it will just be the standard “thanks to all the following agencies...here is a summary of the investigation to date...this is still an active investigation, I can’t comment on that, I can’t comment on that either, I can’t comment on that...”

I do wonder what they will say about WC if anything. And if they will elaborate more on the timeline. I do hope they will express, if they know, whether they think this was a targeted vs random abduction. Additionally, will they answer questions, such as “do you think Mollie is still alive?”

I bet they will say “this is still an active investigation” to half the questions, moo.

(O/T, I’m hoping the PC will be more like Jordan Vong’s, which is probably the best PC I’ve ever seen as far as respectfully and effectively communicating with the public:
Found Deceased - CO - Jordan Vong, 7, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *minor arrested* )

Last edited:
I understand that. Her dad and bf have alot of heart. To me they are inspiring honestly. I lost a cousin a few years ago and I know it was more than hard. I wake up everyday hoping for them...praying for them. I won't ever stop

I really can't take credit! Thank you for your contributions. :)

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  • Mollie was a creature of habit
  • Dalton sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  • This was the second night that Mollie was alone in the house
  • There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  • Her driver's license and debit card were at the house
  • Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  • No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Thank you for the last one @Stippling.
If she usually picked up her shared car the night before from her mom's house, wouldn't her car have been in the driveway during her first night alone in the house? I'm not sure whether that was reported...or that she normally picked it up the next morning.

Were Mollie's contact lenses found in the house?
Ist it known whether Mollie used to jog wearing her contact lenses?
I've seen photos of Mollie jogging with no glasses on. I would imagine she probably did wear contact lenses while jogging.
I wear extended wear contacts that are good for one week. If Mollie had similar contacts she would have likely had multiple pair of contacts. Occasionally I lose a contact or one begins to irritate my eye before its time to change them so I always keep spares with me.

Yes. It had names and pictures of the employees. The co-op and it's employees have been a topic of conversation obviously since it is a business right next door to the house.
I wouldn't blame them for taking it down just for employee safety. No doubt there's been an intense scrutiny of that information since this all started.

"Authorities haven't confirmed the nature of the search." is how that new article re waterloo reads in the united states right now. nothing about 4 or 5 suspects or looking for another. Deputies, airplane conducting search near HWY 63, north of Waterloo

This article appears to give more details of the search: 4 detained, another flees into cornfield after Black Hawk Co. burglary

The article mentions police are using aircraft to search for the 5th suspect. It's not related to MT.

I don’t think Mom ever wanted to be in the spotlight. I think dad is used to this in his occupation and it is natural for him.
People handle situations differently from one another. I'm very organized and calm and take charge in emergencies while others in my family buckle. I don't think it's something one can help but rather what's natural to them. Mollie's mom seems like a very sweet woman and I think she trusts the men to take charge in this awful situation. I also think if she would give more public pleas it could be helpful as some really bend when they hear a mothers love.

idk. She might be having a really difficult time. The men seem to be in the forefront though.
I would be in a ball in a corner somewhere. I don't know how someone can live with the uncertainty of whether your child is alive or not. Poor Mom is probably mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. Dad and BF are very strong on the outside - who knows how they are privately. I so hope this has a good ending for them, but I don't see that happening. As hard as they have worked, I'm afraid if they get bad news, they are going to be affected harder than most. They've invested so much of themselves in this. I just feel horrible for them.

It really seems like the bf and dad are really in the spotlight. Has the mom taken a step back?

I remember the mother jokingly saying in an interview a while back that she was going to be mad at Mollie when she got home for making her do all these interviews. She may just not be comfortable in front of the camera. Dad seems a little more comfortable. Could be as simple as that.

**for SiriusXM subscribers WITH streaming**

Nancy Grace is talking about this case on "Crime Stories" on Sirius' Triumph Channel 111.

I don't think it's a repeat but if you access it via the web or your phone you can "Restart show" and listen to the whole thing. It started at 10a MST and will end at 12p MST. (so you got about 75 minutes from the time of this post to get to it)

As far as I know these shows aren't available On Demand.
It’s probably her podcast and it can be accessed anytime through iTunes etc.

Not sleuthing DJ but can someone please remind me what city he was working in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10