Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if it’s already been posted..
Hopefully this will work for us uk folk.

You should consider downloading a vpn. They are pretty cheap. I use one to watch British shows from here in the US. You shouldn’t run into issues watching it on YouTube though.

My schedule was clear at work for when the THU and FRI ones were supposed to be so of course as luck would have it, I have a mandatory strategic planning meeting at work beginning at 3:00 today.

Can't watch but I know my WS friends will keep us updated in this thread. Will keep this thread up as a hidden window on my laptop and pop in every once in a while. Praying for some substantive developments and of course that MT is alive!

I just can’t get my hopes up with this presser. They’ve given nothing before, and I can’t see that changing. I fear they are going to tell us they have to cut back manpower for now, but the two guys staying on the case will stay as active as the leads permit.

OT. Spend time working in NYC and traveling the subways and trains...and you learn never to even make eye contact. If someone comes at you or you see someone in your periphery or hear a voice that may be speaking to you. Keep marching on. Do not look. Do not speak. I live in a different area now but men will walk up to me when pumping my gas and ask if they can do it for me for a buck at wawa. Creepy. Ignore. Ignore.
Women raised in a society of good manners think they must respond.

YOU OWE NOTHING TO NOBODY! WALK ON BY!

I don't know. I have worn contacts and glasses for 50 years. No one in my family would know a thing about the type, how long they can be worn, or how to care for them. It's between the ophthalmologist or optometrist and the person.

Again, depending upon the type, people can get boxes of contacts. (btw I find the new ones rip easily)

I buy a year's worth of lenses at a time, so I have a boxes in a drawer. I have worn contacts since 1982 and even my kids could tell you that I now wear disposable. The Rx info is not what I meant. My point was that I am sure her mother would know whether she wore, long wear or disposable, especially if she is still on the parent's insurance as most college students are. I know what my daughter's wear and they are older than Mollie.

Truth! No eye contact with strangers. Earbuds in but music off. Nobody has to know I'm not listening to anything, and it makes me look unapproachable.
That was such a strange thing for me to learn when I began riding the Metro in DC (I’m a Hoosier). No one in DC makes eye contact! No one smiles back at you. It’s not that they aren’t friendly, they are just focused and in a hurry. I’ve learned to do the same (sadly) and absolutely love Indiana more now.

Local blog said folks are staying in due to the press being in town and all the random folks driving through. Yesterday it was sad that a number of people said they didn't even want to leave to go to church due to the press.

The news vehicles are always parked by the small businesses/Casey's area. Haven't really seen any of them for 2 weeks. I haven't seen them come into the residential area and bother anyone either. So, if I want to avoid the press I just avoid going to the small businesses. The press seem to find people to interview through social media anyways.

I have NEVER seen a town with nobody outside. Nobody shopping, driving, playing, walking. It was like a Stephen King town. All the residents gone! I think I saw half a dozen humans on that 5 video drive.

I was thinking a bit of Stephen King, because a lot of his work is about how these innocent-looking small towns can have other things going on behind the picket fences. To be honest I'm not seeing anything dark on the drive around Brooklyn, it really does look idyllic to me.

Just about every place in Brooklyn looks like there's a house with windows or porch overlooking the street, and in the gaps you've got cars parked lightly along the road and you'd never know if someone would come out at that minute to get in the car. Even if Mollie was the victim of a ruse and got in a car voluntarily, trustingly, why didn't anyone see that happen?

If there was a car incident, surely someone would hear the screech of brakes and look out to see what's going on?

I am finding it very hard to get into the mind of a theoretical abductor on the streets of that town.

But another thing I'm reminded of is a UK case from a few years back...Milly Dowler, taken from a busy street just after she got out of school around 4pm. She was about 13 or 14 yrs old, and the perp turned out to be a very nasty serial attacker who we think might also be responsible for a countryside attack on a woman and her two daughters, the exact opposite of the busy street where Milly was abducted, and yet other things about the family attack are so similar. So I suppose some attackers just take their opportunity where they see it? And in Mollie's case it's not like anyone has apparently noticed Mollie getting pulled into a vehicle or voluntarily getting into a vehicle...by the next day when she was reported missing someone's probably only going to remember the color and shape of a vehicle, not the number on it? After the attack with the woman and her two daughters, the guy who attacked Milly Dowler got rid of the car he had, and I think he was someone who changed his car a lot over the years, because a car was seen near the mother/daughters attack yet somehow the association with him wasn't made until years later, and iirc he still hasn't admitted responsibility for that attack.

I'm sorry that's a bit rambling, but it's weird in a disappointing way how some of these perps can get away with some of their crimes for so long?

That was such a strange thing for me to learn when I began riding the Metro in DC (I’m a Hoosier). No one in DC makes eye contact! No one smiles back at you. It’s not that they aren’t friendly, they are just focused and in a hurry. I’ve learned to do the same (sadly) and absolutely love Indiana more now.

Cause in DC 1/3 are spies, 1/3 are crooks, and 1/3 are on the wrong train. /s

You should consider downloading a vpn. They are pretty cheap. I use one to watch British shows from here in the US. You shouldn’t run into issues watching it on YouTube though.

Thanks, I’ll look into it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member