Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYC is the same way -- when I visit (often), anyway -- nothing scary or threatening or mean or suspicious, it's just that eye contact doesn't exist. It didn't make me cautious or anything -- it just is what it is. You learn to be the same way quickly.
I visited Boston for work earlier this year and made the rookie mistakes of:
1) smiling at people on the orange line; and
2) waiting for the crossing sign to tell me when to cross the street.

They spotted me a mile away. Hahahahahahaha!

Maybe they thought they had a reasonable suspect(s) only to find out later themselves they were mistaken. And they're now having to backtrack & ask the public- finally- for help. This is tragic. And this much later after the fact has given anyone who DID witness a change in Uncle Joe's behavior at the time -- to go into forgetfulness about that fact or sheer denial he could have had anything to do with it.
It’s definitely possible that they were looking at someone, who they have since cleared. Regardless of the reason though, this should have been brought to the public’s attention when their vigilance was at its highest point. People forget things, and it certainly is less likely to help the case now, than it would have been in the very beginning.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

"Law enforcement is currently seeking additional witnesses and wants to speak to anyone who was in the areas indicated below on July 18, 2018 between the hours of 5PM and 10PM."

Every single person who was in the highlighted areas between those hours should be contacting LE. Hopefully all will make the call, and they can put something together from interviews.

Maybe this will force someone to contact police who has no intention to. For example: maybe someone's girlfriend knew he was in the area highlighted, but he never came forward, and she would put pressure on him to contact LE

Questions & Answers post PC on KGAN/CBS:
  • Search warrants and subpoenas have been honored
  • Welcome your contact, but we won't answer investigative questions!
  • Some people today are more "techie" thus the website for the digital world we live in...
  • Public not at risk per se
  • More than 1,500+ tips received and have conducted more than 500 interviews.
  • Still a "missing person" investigation
  • Confident in the timeline but will not disclose
  • Emphasis on letting LE do the vetting of [your] info
  • No capping the reward (this was a question asked)!
  • Our morale is good -- but it's not about us, it's about finding Mollie

Last edited:
I'll offer some of my opinions based on the PC:

1. They don't have much, and don't have a particular POI in mind.
WHY: The info they are asking for is very broad. Also, it just doesn't seem logical to form a task force if you already have someone in mind.

2. They believe that whatever happened was on the night of July 18.
WHY: The web site asks for information about things people saw on the night of the 18th between 5PM-10PM. Nothing is said about the morning of July 19.

3. They are considering the hit and run or stranger abduction theories as viable options.
WHY: The locations the web site wants information about include a truck stop and a a car wash. Also, the fact that a task force was created leads me to believe that the scope of the investigation has gone outside her circle of friends and family. If they could focus on one of those people, they wouldn't need a task force.

4. They have narrowed it down that the abduction/accident/incident/etc. happened around 8PM on July 18th.
WHY: The timeline they are asking for further information on is 5PM-10PM which tells us they don't think it happened at 5PM or at 10PM. They would want the time period they need information on to account for both before and after the incident. 8PM would be right about in the middle of that timeline.

5. They think something happened either on her run or on her way to walk somewhere close.
WHY: There is absolutely zero mention of the boyfriends house. I believe it would be mentioned further if they were focusing there.

Again, these are my opinions based on what I heard today.
And did he say searched “abroad” maybe he means everywhere not necessarily another Country. But that’s what I think when I hear abroad.

I did like hearing that they have actively been searching acreage, barns and silos. As small as that area is, how does the media not learn of this and follow them on their searches?
Also, the website is good. Perhaps a local person would be more apt to share online a thought that they have. One might think it is a silly thought, but it could actually be a puzzle piece they need(?)
My trust is with the experts.

I can’t get it out of my head the possible relation to Delphi Indiana and the girls case unsolved there.
When the girls in Indiana came up missing and later found, I attempted to make a link of commonalities between Indiana and Where Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted and taken from.
Now, I have a gut instinct driving me batty insisting this is a truck driver, who hauls or goes to farms ( can’t put my finger on exact career),
But, between Mollie, Lyric and Elizabeth, Libby and Abby and also may be included, Jake Wilson there are animal farms and or slaughter houses near and the only connection I can think of
All JMO.

I am thinking about Mickey Schunick.
BS Lavergne noticed her on her bike and hit her on purpose in order to abduct and assault her.
While le was looking for the perp he exhibited the signs they said to look for today unexplained injury, damage to his damn white truck...
I've considered that, but in that case his truck made contact with her bike, which was badly damaged. If someone were to hit MT intentionally with a car or truck, I imagine it would have possibly done serious damage to her.
Perhaps someone (possibly impaired at the time) accidentally hit her and then put her in the car/whatever and intended to take her to get her help but realizing she had expired, panicked and took her body to hide/dispose of it so they wouldn't be charged with vehicular homicide.

I have no idea why they are telling the public there is no risk when they have no idea if this is a serial killer traversing the town.

bizzle2 hit the nail on the head with the analysis. I agree that it appears they are saying the “incident” happened at 8 PM while she was jogging. They’ve also expanded the search for tips on people that were behaving unusually or gone during that time period. I’m leaning towards a serial stranger abductor now and I was not in the beginning.

I really think more came out of this than you guys are giving credit for. I haven't been a believer in the Accidental Hit and Run theory, but:

• Asking about people with unexplained damage to their vehicle
  • Asking about people that unexpectedly cleaned their vehicle
  • Wanting more information about who was at that car wash that night
  • Being confident the public isn't in danger
Doesn't all of that point to an accidental hit and run and the person panicking and disposing of her body?

Or a deliberate hit, (like Mickey Shunick), followed by cleaning the car to remove hair, fiber, blood.

It sounds like they don’t have any leads and are desperate right now for the public to help. Did anyone else get that sense, too?
I wish they could arrange a team to go door to door knocking in that county asking people where they were on that date and if they noticed anyone behaving unusual.

I am starting to believe MT was abducted by a stranger that was stalking her. I was firmly in the camp of the perp being someone she knows but with this recent PC with LE asking public to examine their whereabouts on those two dates and the whereabouts of their family & friends leads me to believe they think the perp could be a serial abducter...

It would be great if someone could get a guy like Payne Lindsay (covered Tara Grinstead case in the town via popular podcast “Up and Vanished”) to interview neighbors and people. Maybe we should all encourage him to go to Iowa and do the same for MT????
That sounds great and check every garage. If they need a supoena to do it, so be it.

People let’s look at the two red dots to the right on the map LE just provided. These are new points of interest.

Plus they gave us a better timeline 5pm-10pm.

Https://findingmollie.iowa.gov

The red blob to the east of Brooklyn looks like a farm. I really pity the family that lives there. They will be scrutinized without cause. Please lets be careful with our searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam