Found Deceased WA - Jacob Gray, 22, Olympic National Park, 5 April 2017

According to Jacob's FB page the Olympic Mountain Response Team will renew its search for Jacob in January.

I wish there were some answers for Jacobs family. Did Jacob die in the Park or was he able to walk out on his own. I am hoping that evidence will show up soon to bring some closure or hope for the family.

Its been one year since Jacob went missing but still no clues as to his whereabouts. Did he die in the park and or was he able to walk away on his own. I hope the family gets some answers soon.

It was reported in MSM either last week or the week before that another pair of feet had washed ashore on Vancouver Island. The feet were inside hiking boots. It was reported that Jacob fell into Sol Duc river in the Olympic National Park. Did Jacobs body float down the river and eventually out the Pacific Ocean and then his feet/boots wash ashore onto Vancouver. I know this sounds a bit graphic but its something that Jacob's family should look into.

Last week I looked at Jacob's Facebook group and didn't notice any new searches planned for Jacob. It seems the family is posting about other hikers who have gone missing in the Pacific Northwest which is admirable but not much attention to Jacob maybe the family has given up hope in finding Jacob. Its been 15 months since Jacob went missing but neither his remains or any of his personal items have been found.

According to Jacob's FB page a private search was planned from July 23 thru July 29 at ONP.
I haven't seen any results of the search posted on the FB page or in the local media.
I assume if any human remains were found or any items of Jacob were found it would have been reported by now. I hope updates by the family are soon forthcoming.

Still no updates from Jacob's family in regards to the search that was conducted form July 23 to July 29. Maybe something of significance was found but the family doesn't want to disclose it at this time until there is confirmation from family or LE.

OLYMPIC NATIONAL PARK — The body of missing hiker Jacob Gray might have been found over the weekend, more than a year since the 22-year-old man disappeared near the Sol Duc River.
http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/n...-missing-since-2017-in-olympic-national-park/

This is sad news but it does bring some closure to the Gray family if it is in fact Jacob's body.
The article states that human remains were found at a campsite but supposedly Jacob fell into Sol Duc River and might have made it to land. I am curious where the camp site is located in relation to Jacobs last known location and if the campsite was something Jacob built or was it a Park constructed campsite and had this area been searched before. An autopsy and evidence at the campsite will hopefully provide answers as to what led to Jacob's demise. Its a possibility the body could belong to Tyler Christensen who went missing in this area in April of 2016.

He travelled a distance whether he fell into Solduc River or not. And in order to make it to the lake he would have to have had gear.

“Distance: 6.4 miles from junction with Hoh River trail to Bogachiel Peak Junction. Hoh Lake is 14.7 miles from Hoh trailhead, 9.7 miles from Sol Duc trailhead.”

Hoh Lake Trail - Olympic National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back